1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Spellculations"

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by CaRaDaGaiTa, Oct 13, 2013.

1. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

Based on your previous experiences with mmos, what spells do you want to see in Wildstar?

Most of you probably played a lot of mmos and played with a lot of classes with a lot of fun spells and abilities... Any of those spells you want to see again in W*?
  2. CaRaDaGaiTa

I will probably play Medic, because i like hybrid healing melee classes like Ret Paladins, and, based on them i would love if medics get a bubble! Yeah, invulnerability for 6,8,10 seconds while i can heal myself or deal damage for free and cause people get mad and QQ at the forums!
  3. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

I would love to have an invisibility spell so Stalkers aren't the only class that can ambush people.
  4. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

Diablo II Druid --> Transformations! I want a WereRowsdower!!
    Mondasin likes this.
  5. Rizlah

Rizlah Cupcake

No just No. I believe every good ability should have its drawback as well.

If a class gets a bubble their dmg and healing should be GREATLY reduced. Its one thing i cannot stand about WoW. Pallys get that plus a free instant cast full heal(with ZERO drawback). Im fine if the ability is like deterrance, ice block, or disp. But please no pally bubbles
    Kataryna likes this.
  6. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

Blessing of protection because everyone enjoyed those jokes.

or on a serious note spells like Scorch that were used to empower other spells while still doing damage.
  7. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I want a Healing Ball like the Biotech from Firefall. Healing your allies is all about timing, positioning, and good aim.

I would love animal "Stances" for the Stalker. It would be pretty cool if your cyberpunk assassin adopted different poses and fighting styles.

Please, please, please, a Magic Missile for Spellslingers. It doesn't even have to be auto-hit, just a really cool bolt of magic flying out to your target.

A poison trail would be epic. My reckless endangerment is so much more fun when you have an incentive to run in and around your enemies.

Area denial skills would be epic, like a death-wall or a tesla coil you can drop. Everyone keeps complaining about being able to dodge telegraphs simply because you can see them, but what if the telegraphs could also deny you safe zones to dodge into?
  8. guillermo

guillermo New Cupcake

A kind of groovitron for espers ! Once used a psionic disco ball appears and every enemy arround it start dancing for a few second or until it's hit by a dammaging spell.
    Like mesmers in gw2 I would see a spell for espers that enables you to absorbe enemy's projectiles and copy the first one by creating a "psionic" version of it.

Mhhh... What about traps for stalker ? cryo traps ,poison traps, explosive mines turtles... hey... What about a high tech mine that could have mechaninc spider legs to steps on enemy's path ?

Spellslingers could also create portals that allies could use... just like mesmer in gw2...
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  9. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

i want a awesome move for espers like psychic hurricane, make a massive storm of psychic energy with flying blades, ghosts, andcreatures
  10. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

ROFLMFAO

I always liked warrior-charge like abilities, death grips, anything that would be extreme gap closers where either I would be drawn straight to my target or I would bring my target straight to me. Those're some of my favorites and I'm hoping more than just a warrior class will have something along those lines because I doubt I'll be maining a warrior at this point.
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Stalker has one aswell, as seen in one of the video's.

It's almost like Dark chains shooting out of you pulling all to you.

+ Espers have that rainbow farting deer spell ;)
    + Spellslinger has enough gap-closers as seen in the video's
  12. Xlugon Pyro

Slutty.
  13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Added more :p

All 4 classes have them....so i'm 100% sure the other 2 have them aswell :up:
  14. Xlugon Pyro

Wonder what the unrevealed classes might have for gap-closers.
  15. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I do hope something really awesome...something ''new'' (new as in mechanic-wise).

What you reckon? Got any idea's about what you want to see for the medic/engineer?

I hope (for the engineer) something like ''bind a rocket on your back, shooting yourself to an area dealing X amount of damage'' so it can be used for gap-closer/damage dealer/run away spell.

And for the medic.....give them some kind of ''syringe shooting ability'' that causes this effect ''target get X amount of damage over Y seconds, the target slowly moves towards the caster for Q seconds (speed reduced by Z amount)''
    As an gap closer, seeing as I think they are a short range caster....+ it could work like a ''charm'' effect in which you have 1-2 seconds to deal some damage before they can react.

Ah well....there are so many things they can do ;)
  16. Xlugon Pyro

Engineers might get some rocket-mounted propulsion. Or they could use some gravity/magnet skill that pulls the opponent to them.

Medics I'm not really sure about.
  17. guillermo

guillermo New Cupcake

As a gap-closer for the engineers I would see them holding their riffle like a bazooka but reversed and shooting a blast of fire behind them so they run faster and damage enemies on their path by colliding them.
    Or they could have a jet pack/boots abbility.

An ability like Freya's ultimate in SMITE would be awsome ! An abilty which enables you to fly over the battlefield for a realy short time (makes you untargetable) while shooting blasts of... I don't know... psionic disco balls metheors for esper ?
    Well it looks like that (at 2:32)
  18. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Espers could have an ability that lets you look like your target for a short period of time.
  19. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

Back in WAR I really loved one of the openers that the Witch Elf/Witch Hunter had, it caused the target to take periodical damage when they moved. Before they nerfed it the damage was pretty ridiculous, so the victim had to choose between "run and die" or "stand still and die", and they later ended up nerfing it to the point of being useless. But a well balanced version of that would be fun, especially coupled with Wildstars combat system where movement and positioning is crucial.

I also really liked Elixir R that was available to Engineers in GW2, where if used from your tool belt you would throw it on a targeted area on the ground and create a field that would pulsate every second or so for a few seconds, with every pulse having a chance to revive fallen allies. You could throw it beneath you when you were sure you were going down, and you would surely be revived unless the enemy knocked you out of the field. Made every 1v1 vs opponent unfamiliar with its effect a free win, and most 1v2 would be no problem too. When me and my friends queued for the same battleground we would often get placed in different teams and we would hunt eachother down, and they absolutely hated that ability.
  20. CaRaDaGaiTa

When you used bubble in classic and TBC the time between attacks was increased to 100%. In classic we had no attack spell, besides judgement, and in tbc we had only crusader strike, so this was a damage reduction. In WotLK our damage was cuted to 50% while on bubble. Bubble caused also forbearance, preventing us from using Hand of Protection, Lay on Hands or Avenging Wrath for 1 minute.

The "free instant cast full heal" called Lay on Hands spent all your remaining mana back in the classic and tbc...

Cata reduced the bubble time from 12 to 8, but no more forbearance and no penalty.

Bubble never was unfair, only bad people thought that.
  21. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

a channeled lazor beam of death that I could sweep about or perhaps somthing like a missile storm