1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Spellslinger Healing

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Nyanta, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Nyanta

Nyanta Cupcake

Since I've decided to go Spellslinger Healing for my guild in Wildstar and I figured it'd be good to do some research and try and find anything useful related to this to help me out before the Winter Beta invites go out that is if I even get one, but I haven't come across anything in my search. So has anyone seen any videos or posts just solely related to this combination of class & role? Anything from going over Spellslinger Healing tooltips to actual Gameplay styles etc.. will do. Thank you :)
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I only know of 1 healing spell for spellslingers for now:

Heals the target (X Support Power) health every Q seconds for Y seconds.
    If cast while moving, the healing effect is reduced to (X Support Power).

http://wildstar.gamepedia.com/Spellslinger
  3. Mierelle

Mierelle Cupcake-About-Town

From ZAM's Combat Q&A:
  4. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

The last 2 posts contradict each other somewhat..
  5. Argonic

Argonic New Cupcake

The ability he's talking about there is a press and hold that you can see during the spellsinger/warrior duels in a youtube vid.
  6. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

Esper = Aoe heals and buffs(shields)
    Medic = Aoe heals, hots, buffs
    Spell slinger = single target and lines, mobility
  7. Mierelle

Mierelle Cupcake-About-Town

Kind of, but "any true healing over time" doesn't mean they won't have any HoT what so ever. Also to remember that most classes have been reworked since last CBT.

In that same article, they said Esper would be AoE and HoT, while Medic will be the least traditional MMO healers
  8. Nyanta

Nyanta Cupcake

Thanks guys, if you happen to come across anything else and if it isn't too much trouble, please post it here!
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Watch these few weeks...the spellslinger should be one of the first classes to get the RE-reveal.

I'm sure you'll get to see some new abilities on them, aswell as some healing spells.
  10. Nyanta

Nyanta Cupcake

Yeah that's what I am hoping for, made a twitch account and everything getting my questions ready to be asked and hopefully answered in their livestreams.
  11. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

Aside from comments about general healing styles, they made a lot of changes to abilities these past months so we'll all just have to wait for these new livestreams, devspeaks, and eventually beta to find out thew new and improved versions of all the classes, Spellslinger included. I'm as eager as you to learn about the healers but none of the info out there is up to date right now, so it's not really worth spending time on until Carbine decides they finally want to share. :)
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

First: You kinda said what others said aswell.....
    Secondly: it is NOT WORTHLESS to spend time on it. People who say that are nuts! (you are nuts :p)
    Yes abilities may have changed (a bit) but don't expect a complete overhaul. So yes it is worth to look into old things.
    The milestone system = changed
    abilities = changed
    classes = changed
    etc.
    etc.

But you still get a general idea as to how each class/ability etc. work. And then not to talk about those things that just don't change at all.

So again: It's NOT worthless!
  13. Ragx

Ragx Cupcake

You can see two heal spells of the Spellslinger in a PvP video from Comic-Con.

The first heal is the last ability in the bar, which has two charges, each taking 30 seconds to fill up. This heal is pretty strong, filling up both HP and shields by a good amount, but seems to be self-heal only. The tooltip of this heal is shown in the Wildstar Pilot at 36:17; It is called "Restorative Shot" and fills up 15% of your HP and 35% of your shields. Based on that I assume it will be useful as a DPS in solo play and PvP, possibly also for healers in PvP as an emergency button. Carbine have also said that you can equip shields, and this skill might make it viable to go for shields with extra capacity, but that is just speculation on my side - I don't know whether there will be those options when it comes to shields.

The second heal is called "Runic Healing" and is a channeled skill that heals the player by a small amount (as seen at 3:00 in the PvP video). As the Chua in the video is playing DPS, I'd assume that this heal is actually meant to be used by a healing focused character, one which has a lot of the Wisdom stat available. This might match the skill Extatica mentioned above. The tooltip of Runic Healing can be seen for a few frames in the Wildstar Pilot at about 36:17 as well, and it reads "Heals the target for (26% Support Power) health every 0.25 seconds for 2 seconds. If cast while moving, the healing effect is reduced to (17% Support Power)."

While these two skills will most likely change, and they don't really show a particular healing style of the Spellslinger (except that, possibly, a lot of their heals might be channeled), they at least are heals. :D
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Might match?

It is, I put in the scource of the ability but I forgot to mention the name of the spell. But it's the same. The scource also had the correct tooltip, but I didn't want to post that exact, so I replaced some by Y, X, Q.

But yeh it's the same.
    Well the healing style of each class has been covered by a Carbine post ;) so we know that already.
    Check Mierelle's post for the style of the spellslinger. Ofcourse they will also have other spells, but the main focus lays with that style.
  15. Ragx

Ragx Cupcake

Your source doesn't link to an official source, that's the problem.

Could you link that post? :)
  16. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You didn't checked the link in Mierelle's post? Kinda waste to double post the same link isn't it?
    But i'll help you a bit, it's in the ''in a class of your own'' section, page 3.
  17. Ragx

Ragx Cupcake

I didn't want to attack your credibility, but it's just nicer to have a definite source - if one is available. While there are many people with factual knowledge, speculation easily gets mixed up with facts.

Oops, sorry, I scrolled up and only looked at Mierelle's most recent post.
  18. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I've edited my post to make the search easier :coffee: (page 3 ''in a class of your own'')