1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Spellslinger or Esper

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Veltric, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Veltric

Veltric New Cupcake

Cant decide between the spellslinger or esper.I love classes that have teleport/blinks like the spellslinger does but im more into casters like the esper so im wondering is anyone knows if the esper will have teleport/blink like spells for kiting and any knockbacks or roots. i do realize that the games not out yet and no one will prob know for sure.
    Any videos or a list of spells showing the difference between the two would be great and very much appreciated.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

The spells we known are seen in the video's posted by Carbine, in the Devspeak video's and Rezzed and the other gameplay video's you can kinda see most abilities/spells.

All other spells/abilities (they suppose to have around 50) are still under NDA, so you won't get that info :p

Although the Esper does have some sort of Dash-forward/healing spell, so I suppose they will have ''some'' movement spells.
    [​IMG]
  3. Bartender

Bartender New Cupcake

the spell slinger for sure with the blink move and his blind
    FruitPunchHero likes this.
  4. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

I was kind of under the impression that each class had a sort of movement based move. Warrior has leap, spellslinger has a blink, stalker has a far jump(aiming vid I think). Esper may have one as well. Anyway my vote goes to esper, abilties look crazy o_o . I also like how it looks like you can switch between ranged and melee with the class.
  5. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I've really been kind of fretting over my first character which will be aurin, but between stalker or spellslinger. Mostly for the spellslinger's teleport blinking. It looks neat! It feels like the class would be really mobile and I would love that!

Do you remember which of the videos featured espers like that? My first character may be one of the ones mentioned above, but my mine will be an esper!
  6. Eternalfootman

I was mainly referencing the aiming devspeak(about 1:20). In that one the esper was shown using the psyblades up close for slashing(there was also that aoe attack that shoots out in all directions). But we've seen in other vids that those blades can also be thrown from far away.(that stationary one where they shoot straight forward) So it makes me think that esper will have at least a few abilities for close quarters.
  7. Domi Dayglow

Oh yeah! I saw the part with the esper in melee with the psy-dagger things over their head and launched them one at a time.

I also suddenly remembered some other esper power that was a sprint forward and heal everything in your path.
  8. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Cupcake

Spell Slinger. Make the right choice. Plus they are as much a caster class as Espers.
  9. Domi Dayglow

*Stares at Spaceman Spiff's avatar picture*

I think you're bias to spellslingers. I have this feeling. :rolleyes:
    Baamz and Kataryna like this.
  10. Giruvegan

Giruvegan New Cupcake

I have the same dilema, but im leaning more towards spellslinger... because.. well.. just the concept of a spellslinger is badass
  11. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

Spellslingers are casters. They teleport, they shoot fireballs, they use magic runes. They can spec for healing if they so desire.

Honestly, if Carbine designed the class to dual wield wands instead of "mag-pistols" (guess what the "mag" stands for!), it could function exactly the same way as it does now and this issue would never come up again.
  12. Mortec

Mortec New Cupcake

Oo, I'm in the same boat. But as others in this thread, leaning towards Spellslinger.

Have to be honest and admit that it has been the first choice since the first video, heh.
  13. binzer

binzer Cupcake

The Esper has an ability called Projected Spirit that is a 25 meter dart/dash. There's a typo on the patch notes so I'm not sure, but I think it also heals yourself and 3 allies for 400% Support Power.
  14. Eternalfootman

I'm gonna play devil's advocate and drop this rezzed video. If you haven't seen it, the first 15 min. has a dev just messing around with beginning spellslinger abilities.
    Justrollin likes this.
  15. Silto

Silto New Cupcake

The one who has better or more enjoyable healing abilities.
  16. Phable

Phable New Cupcake

Yeah, I am torn between these classes myself and ultimately will probably have both. But I always have a healer main toon and I can't decide.
  17. Baamz

Baamz New Cupcake

The spellslinger seems to be the master of utility, with sigils, teleports, and CC. It seems to be more mobile. The esper will probably be able to put out larger numbers, but will have to cast more abilities and be more exposed to the enemy due to it being immobile.
  18. Brynnevere

Brynnevere Cupcake

Spellslinger has dual pistols AND magic!

On the other hand, espers get psychic ticks to attack their enemies...
  19. Midgard Serpent

Midgard Serpent New Cupcake

If you remember from the Pax PvP thing, where you'd job into a zone as lvl 30 I believe and you could quest a little and meet other players on the local server and blast them in the contested zone.

RIGHT off the bat, Espers seem to have a better close mid range potential than a spellslinger, due to the fact of the guns having a typical gotta aim ahead of you in a straight line to actually inflict damage (Which is quite a handicap as soon as a stalker sneaks up on you and starts running around you slashing you up, where in regards the ESP swords thing had a wide range in about a 160 degree ankle in front of the character.
    So, Spellslingers biggest forte here seems the fact they have a blink, so you'll need to kite a lot with that class, especially against the classic ZOMG MELEE MODE classes, where Espers seem to have a better chance at winning such a fist fight.

My advice? Go with whatever fancies your style! But beware of stalkers! ;_;
  20. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

Esper seems more my style of the two. The give me a paladin vibe. The whole close quarters/melee while still using spells is a cool style of play and combines the best of both worlds. Of course the game could come out and the Esper plays nothing like a paladin and like something unique in its own right which would be cool.