1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Spellslinger or Esper

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Veltric, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Justrollin

Justrollin New Cupcake

Yeaaaaah, I'm probably going spellslinger now instead, even at lower levels that looks really mobile and fun!
  2. Baconwich

Baconwich Cupcake

Guess an Esper is as close as I'm going to get, feel-wise, to a Smite Priest or pure mage. Was really looking at Spellslinger for a while, but I may be convinced otherwise before launch.

I always flip-flop on my preferred class right when any game launches.
  3. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Honestly I think Spellslinger may be closer to puremage style, yeah they use technological style magic with the channeling of their spells and such but they seem to be very oriented like I see most mages in games, blinks / teleports with plenty of CC and decently high damage.

Esper looks somewhat battle-mage style, still very spell oriented but a good number of their abilities look reasonably close quarters and they use ethereal summons to deal damage and such.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I would agree with this assessment. Espers are at best hipster mages while spellslingers who I affectionately nickname gunmages are closer to a traditional mage in terms of playstyle. Although, these gunmages might feel a bit like a ranged gunner or ranger class from the aesthetics alone.