1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

SpellSlinger pistols

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Ikai, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Ikai

Ikai New Cupcake

Its just me or most of pistols we see around seems to be made by ACME?

Nothing against some exotic models here and there, but so far on the videos, 90% of pistols looks like something that Marvin the martian would use. I know there will be "transmog", but even then, im afraid there wont be too many "serious" revolver models.
    Being sci-fi with weapons doesnt mean you need to import them from Looney Tunes.

well, maybe im wrong and what we saw so far is just a glimpse of models (meaning they have tons of models for all tastes).
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You sure about this? (think again! ;))
  3. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

He's actually correct, there will be an option to use different skins on your equipment, as long as you've owned the item in the past at some point.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Aye, but it's not called ''transmogrification'' (Ps I hate the name).

There are a few differences with the Transmogrification systems of (let's use WoW and Chronotales today).
    By using the name ''Transmogrification'' people will think it's similar to either one of those, which is not.

Yes there will be an option in-game to change the visual looks of gear, but I rather see you use the correct name instead of using a name that people most commenly compare to WoW :sick:

WildStar has it's own ''Costume System'' including ''Dye Options'' etc.

And yes, I know i'm a nitpicker :D But I hate to see people starting to compare it to WoW....

Ofcourse, sorry if they changed the name to transmog...but I haven't heard that yet.
    Kataryna likes this.
  5. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

I know it's not called that. People just use the old terminology until we know how Carbine is internally naming the system. But yes, it's better than xmog because it will also allow color dying, so you're getting a lot more of a custom look.

OP that should aleiviate some of your concerns, as you can not only pick other weapon models but you can also tone down the "ACME" colors to something a little grittier.
  6. Sarigar

Sarigar Cupcake

I like the variety of blasters they've shown so far, from the Acme- and Flash Gordon-style rayguns to the more sophisticated future revolvers in some of the screenshots. I'd like to see more of the tech-looking pistols too, they appeal more to me overall than the heavy retro style (at least as far as the characters I have in mind).
  7. Ikai

Ikai New Cupcake

^
  8. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Honestly i've seen a great variation, and you gotta remember there are 60 visual types for each weapons, so i doubt they'll all look the same ;)