1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Spellslinger's pistols disappear when holstered :( ?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Shoogli, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Shoogli

Shoogli Cupcake-About-Town

Hi !

I missed the Spellslinger stream yesterday so I watched it this morning and while I loved most of what I saw, there is something that struck me as really really odd :

We do see the Spellslinger's guns vanish when holstered :oops: !

Anyone knows if this is a question that has been asked such as "is it temporary for now ?" and they plan to have the guns show later on the character's hip or is it a final version ?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been struck by this and prolly some people have inquired about that.

Any hint ?

(Edit : I formulated my post badly, I think they'll add it that spellslinger weapons will be showing somehow, it's just I want to make sure it's not been said somewhere that they won't.)
  2. Mark Sheppard

Mark Sheppard New Cupcake

I for one found this odd aswell, I'm sure they will rectify this, lets face it the Esper and Warrior both have their weapons visible when holstered, unless the pistols come from the void.... hmmm
  3. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

You'll notice also that before the dungeon when they are introducing.. the stalkers weapons also disappear when sheathed, though whether this is permanent or temp is unknown of course.
  4. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

I'm sure it's just because it's a beta.

The weapons are the #1 indicator of what the class is on first glance, ergo they MUST be displayed, for PvP purposes if nothing else.
  5. Shoogli

Yes i'm hoping for that too, the thread was more about : hey did someone hear them say they won't display those ? If not then we can take for granted they will add them, well hopefully :) !
    That too, but am not sure those will be displayed at all. I don't know how they coud display those when sheated in fact, maybe just some kind of stuff over the gloves with holes from where the blades emerge ?
    Yeah me too, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed some interview or anything about it.
  6. Micromadsen

Micromadsen New Cupcake

I would only assume that it's a temporary thing in the beta. Because in the "What Is Wildstar" trailer you see a stalker (around 1:50) withdrawing his blades. So I would assume those small things (not sure what word to use here) on his hands are the weapon.

So I would think the Spellslinger got something very similar or just holster the weapons on their hip which would be the most logical place. :D
  7. FelixAkuma

Well they could just be boxes on the back of the hands fo sheathes which the blades come out of, or whatever shape it is but you always see like something the blades are coming out of on the back of their hands :3
    Roda, Kataryna and Shoogli like this.
  8. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

In the dirty secrets with the mechari, the mechari sort of folded the pistol out of thin air.
  9. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

It's actually a clipping issue. The pistols clipped too much with the armour, which is why they are removed... for now.
    Sonntam likes this.
  10. Shoogli

Oh ok neat :) !

So it is indeed a confirmation that it will come back later right ?
  11. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

You think Carbine would let something as cool as Spellslinger Mag Pistols disappear like that? Of course they're coming back later.
  12. Yowser

Yowser Cupcake

Yep, for spellslingers its a clipping issue that is being resolved. They said they were also looking at other options such as mounting on the players back instead of hips.

For Stalkers, their weapons do not disappear but when sheathed they sort of "withdrawl" to a much smaller state, then in combat they extend.
    Shoogli likes this.
  13. FelixAkuma

Yeh i thought it would be due to the clipping issue and when you look at it like that it dosn't seem that bad, rather they pull them out of no where than have them clipping your armor as you run around :p

Though i'm sure Wildstar may think of a way around it if required.. Like put them on the lower back or something..
  14. Monkicon

Monkicon New Cupcake

If you check out the Movement Devspeak at :36 I believe that is a Spellslinger with pistols on his hips. Early Devspeak but I am sure that is something they are bringing back.
    Shoogli likes this.
  15. Dasher

Dasher New Cupcake

Link to Vid

Personally after seeing that, I dont mind that they've removed it. Hopefully it will look ok when mounted on the back, but I can imagine that even then it might require some figgeting/scaling magic
  16. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

Maybe they could put the pistols on the back... that would look great.
  17. Shoogli

Maybe they are considering that but then they'd have to redo the draw and holster animations perhaps ?
  18. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

Will be fun to see where the "Medics" will do of their "shockpads" when they are "holster" them. :confused:
  19. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

For medic I was told they fold up on the back and look like a jetpack.
    Sapien likes this.
  20. Hasteo

Hasteo New Cupcake

+1 great idea!
    FelixAkuma likes this.