1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Stalker Stealth Bar?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Zwipe, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Zwipe

Zwipe Cupcake

First off, apologies if this has been brought up before. I tried searching but was unsuccessful.

One thing that really annoyed me about SW:TOR was the lack of a stealth bar. My UI was needlessly cluttered.

Does anyone know if they have a stealth bar implemented in the UI?

Thanks in advance.
  2. crowsong

crowsong Cupcake-About-Town

I may be wrong, but i think stealth is toggable.
    EDIT: Sorry, I must of misunderstood the question. But I dont know if their is a seperate LAS
  3. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

I believe he means that when a stalker would go into stealth then the action bar would be replaced with a unique action bar so you can have certain 'stealth only' abilities instead. On that note, no idea. Due to the nature of the LAS I don't believe so but you never know.
    Wolfmor likes this.
  4. Prophyrian

Prophyrian Cupcake

This is a total guess, but I'm thinking that Stalker abilities may have dual effects. For example, Slash (fake ability name) may cause 150% weapon damage unstealthed, but 200% weapon damage while stealthed. In episode 20 of Nexus Weekly, the devs talked about each class having an inherent ability that is permanantly on their LAS. This ability would have combined effects with skills. If the Stalker's IA is stealth, then I would assume it would have a combined effect with Stalker skills.
  5. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

I don't think we know how stealth works (exactly) yet. I know some abilities have positional buffs and added debuffs, but that's things like getting behind the target. I also know stealth can be "activated" in combat, I believe the reason was to allow you to get behind your target. I wouldn't doubt it if certain abilities can only be used in stealth, and if so, I'm hoping they swap out the action bar for a "stealth bar." On the other hand it may give an unfair advantage to players if you're given a stealth bar and regular bar, and they only have one with the LAS system, so I would not be surprised if stealth is just a way to re-position yourself, and give a "backstab" buff to attacks.

I'm also not sure how this effects stalker tanking. I believe the stalker tanking is going to rely on a secondary setting of the suit other than the stealth innate. Similar to how riftstalker gave an offensive and defensive stance in Rift. This is speculation, except the part of having an "active stealth" during combat, that part was in an interview somewhere a while back.
    Ricky_Starwind likes this.
  6. Ellianar

Ellianar Cupcake-About-Town

I think the LAS system and this are kind of opposite. Also stalker will have the possibility to trigger a "combat stealth" state where they can use stealth only spells even in fight so i guess it ll be like one burst cd or something of the same tone
  7. Ricky_Starwind

Ricky_Starwind New Cupcake

:up: Yup, I think it will be like a combo point type thing. You build up suite power, then when you have a full energy bar, think maga man. You can they turn the suite on for 10 sec or 6 or how ever long, and use a skill in a different way then you would with out the suite power. Out of combat could have a different effect on skills, just so you can turn one attack in to a "ambush"/"backstab"/"stab"
  8. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

So, the question I have is, do you have to sacrifice a LAS slot for an ability you can use in stealth only, do abilities have different effects based on the stealth (either a buff or a different ability altogether), or does the whole bar swap out when you're in stealth or combat stealth? Also, we know that combat stealth is an active ability based on the innate stealth ability, or was at one point, they can always change that.

I'm hoping it doesn't change based on combat status. This would be really annoying for a stalker, as they already have positional requirements and aiming of telegraphs, if you have to worry about if you were in combat, or if they saw you at the last second before you got off your ability, that'd be annoying.
  9. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Came into thread expecting a hidden drinking establishment for Stalkers.

Disappointed :(
    Zwipe likes this.
  10. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

You're really gonna have to try harder than a thread to find that place... Waaaay more underground.
  11. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Can I find it with the Explorer path?
  12. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Maybe if you cross paths with a Soldier and Scientist...
    Veckna likes this.
  13. UNDERZZZZZ

UNDERZZZZZ Cupcake-About-Town

Regarding action bar. I'm very sure that there will not be a separate action bar for stealth, but that some abilities will have bonuses from stealth. This is evident in the M31 patch notes.
  14. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

I assume you're referring to this:
    "Frenzy
    Deals 80% Support Power damage to the 5 closest enemies within a cone ahead of the caster every half second while holding down the button. Drains 5 Suit Power every half second.
    Stealth Bonus: Gain 20% Support Power in Deflect Rating during the Channel Time." from the M31 Patch notes under stalker ability changes.

All we can glean from that is that there is the latest beta build has stealth bonuses. It doesn't say whether or not there is stealth ONLY abilities though. After all they could have both. If they have both, they'll may have a separate bar, if not they probably won't.
  15. UNDERZZZZZ

UNDERZZZZZ Cupcake-About-Town

It wouldn't be balanced at all if Stalker had 14 abilities. I think anybody expecting another action bar for stealth is going to be majorly disappointed
  16. lelouch

lelouch Cupcake

That interesting to know it in swtor bugged that didnt add special for ninja only skills.
  17. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

It could be balanced if those abilities can only be used in stealth, also if the abilities on the bar were stealth only abilities. It would have to be more complicated to balance it, but if you only use combat stealth once every 30 seconds (or longer), then decide on one ability to use, then go back to normal. Make it so the stealth only abilities do things like CC's or minor buffs, where it's you're managing multiple minor buffs (like 10% increased crit chance for 10 seconds) so you have to decide when to use them. Not abilities that are simply more powerful. Ones where you actively have to decide if you want to spend a GCD on them right now, and are punished for just spamming them.

I could see a system like this working. A straight up "Does 3x the damage of your normal attack and provides 2x the combo points, with a 50% crit chance" ambush-like attack would be completely imbalanced and a waste of the system. Every stealth class in every game has something like that.