1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Starting Zones - Faction or Race Specific?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Monarc, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Monarc

Monarc Cupcake

Not sure if this information is out there, curious if each race has it's own starting area or just faction areas for beginning.

One of the elements I've always appreciated in other games is race specific starting areas - it makes rolling alts more enjoyable and better for all around story immersion.

Considering the races aren't from Nexus, it would be more like landing zones or base camps but still some difference would be nice to have.
  2. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I wouldnt mind smaller race specific intro zones that lead to a bigger faction specific zone that leads to the world.
    Of course, i personally prefer being able to visit the starter areas again after leaving them.
  3. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

From what I've heard each faction has a shared 1-3 zone. Then each race has it's own 3-6, and then 6 to like 10 is 2 races together or something like that? I gathered this from various videos where Crimson Isle is described as a level 3 Draken zone, and Deradune is described as being 6+ and its implied that there are other level 6+ zones for the Dominion. I think the 1-3 leveling experience is a shared tutorial for each faction.
    Monarc likes this.
  4. Monarc

Monarc Cupcake

Interesting - some variety is a good thing. :)
  5. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

Think you've got it backwards. Each race, I believe, has a unique 1-5 instance, followed by a faction zone; Deradune is supposed to be a 6-10ish zone for Draken and Chua. After that, you start to funnel into unified factional and even contested zones.
  6. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

As far as we know...
    Crimson Isle is the specific tutorial area for the Draken, levels 1-6. Once you get through that area you get thrown out into Deradune which is levels 6-12 and is a shared zone between the Draken and the Chua (the assumed last Dominion race).

Most guesses are that this is a similar set up for each race/faction. Each race gets their own individualized tutorial zone for the first six levels then the next six levels are a shared zone with 1 other race from your faction before you get thrown into the wide open world with everyone.
  7. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

In the PAX presentations, Jeremy Gaffney's said that Crimson Isle is "the Draken starting area".

Although it's not really clear whether he meant "This is where Draken start but some other races may start here as well" or "Only Draken start here." :p
    Guide likes this.
  8. Chaii

Chaii Cupcake

In this video every dominion race started in the same zone.
  9. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Sure, but to keep things simple for testing.
  10. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

I don't really care if the races start in other zones or not. I always tend to like one zone above all others and level all my alts in that zone, anyway.
  11. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Also, that Zone isnt the starting zone, it's the zone right after :p. They said that Deradune is a 6-14 zone and that it's where you go after the Crimson Isle. :)
  12. Chaii

Chaii Cupcake

Oh. Seems like I missed something^^