1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Tabard, cape or something else?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by SepiDN, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

A guild hooded cape would be awesome.
  2. Phyllo

Phyllo Cupcake

Guild hoodies and toggled decals on mounts :p
  3. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

Carbine pls.
    FruitPunchHero likes this.
  4. Dist

Dist Cupcake

It'd be nice to have the guild emblem on any deployable/settler structure too. For example the settlers bar could display the emblem of every settler that helped build/maintain it on the wall.
    FruitPunchHero and SniperCT like this.
  5. Rarlian

Rarlian New Cupcake

I personally loved tabards to a point that I couldn't go without one in WoW even if I was guildless and I was just covered with a white sheet. (Until they added in all those city tabards and whatnot of course). Though I'd also be fine with capes I suppose.
  6. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

That would be awesome IMO, kind of like a ceremonial robe worn over armor, hoods optional would be BA too. I'm not sure how much robes would fit in with the general theme of the game though.

I just had this image in my head of a guild congregation with a giant holographic symbol overhead, kinda like the bat signal.
  7. Skean

Skean Cupcake

Half way between hell and the state of confusion.
    We need something that fits the style of the game. So, as mentioned a holograph or something.
    I will also put in my vote for ...
    [​IMG]
    Dragon likes this.
  8. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

As long as its optional as capes are the first thing i turn off and i resent being 'branded' with tabards.
  9. TeaTime

TeaTime New Cupcake

I may be completely wrong on whatever this thing is, but from the videos of gameplay I saw that Gold Flag cast. I thought that was something to do with the rallying to the correct level for group content, but I'd love to see Guild Emblems placed on that. (Might actually be a heal cast from Espers) But as someone else mentioned a taunt type guild thing would be awesome.
    If you got a group of your guild together it would be really showy.
  10. 5TiCK

5TiCK New Cupcake

Capes will always be cool. No matter the time in history. :D
  11. Aerophysics

Aerophysics New Cupcake

I've like to see more than just basic long capes. Where are the half-capes, cloaks, scarves, and coats with the guild icon emblazoned on the back?

Stuff like this (these were concepts of types players from GW2 wanted. Maybe we can get them in Wildstar instead?):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These sorts of designs I'd love to have available to the players. It would add tons of variety for people to represent their guild/group!
    FruitPunchHero, Mesmir, Genev and 3 others like this.
  12. kur1

kur1 Cupcake-About-Town

I'd agree a lot of the suggestions here are coming from too much of a high-fantasy angle. Just basing it off what the characters on this website's backgrounds have, it looks like every belt comes with some prismatic gem. Hologram off of that?

Or the floating-above-the-shoulder(s) hologram suggested by Robo?

Only other thing, which wouldn't be permanent, would be a button that doesn't take inventory space that allows you to plant a standing hologram on the ground that lasts 5 minutes and is fairly large. Lacks permanency, but is much more visible.
  13. Morphine

Morphine New Cupcake

Do whatever just make it an optional visual
  14. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

No 7 pls, I love me a side cape.
  15. Flannan

Flannan Cupcake

They should have banners as well, similar to what Warhammer Online had. After all, Nexus is a newly discovered planet and there is no better way to say "This is our land GTFO" than planting a banner into the ground/corpses.
    FruitPunchHero likes this.
  16. Yorobashi

Yorobashi Cupcake

I wonder if I made these in Cinema and sent them to carbine if they'd add them... all of them. Seriously though, things like this are ridiculously easy to make. I could do all of them in 2 8 hour work days... (the actual designs and animations, obviously nothing to do with the ridiculous amount of script that would probably be required for all of these different variants required for them to be added to the character interface. Maybe it could just be a drop tab that you pick how to represent?
    kanochi likes this.
  17. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

I'm hoping we get to upload our own guild logo's and display them ingame on certain items/warplots. Aion did this and I have to say I loved it. GW2 had the nice feature of your banner appearing on taken WvW forts, however they banners built from about 3 selection options as opposed to your own image.
  18. Pilsnerex

Pilsnerex New Cupcake

ide like different ways to show guild symbols,say on the belt buckle for spellsingers,warriors on their armor ,espers on a cloak and stalkers on the shoulders,something different for each would be pretty nice.

not sure how the holographic guild symbol would work,for a bit it would be fun but 40+ people in an area all blasting out their stupid holograms would get boring pretty quick.
  19. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

*Imagining an animator who sees the post, getting out of his/her chair, and running away with a loud scream.*

Good idea though, and I do love it, but it takes an insane amount of work to produce it for every race, and more importantly, to make it work with every body type.
  20. Yorobashi

Yorobashi Cupcake

Ya, and that's something I really wouldn't be able to work around since I don't have access to the character models to do that. It would be a lot of work on the part of making sure they don't cause clipping, damn the infinite complexity of creating items for mmos. Then again, they might just be able to snap them to predefined regions on the character model and just use a pre generated material. The lovely bit about most of those designs is that they only have 2 visible surfaces (some only have 1, like 5/9/16)

Gotta say though, if I had to pick one to definitely have in game, It'd have to be number 8. I mean dorian walker already has a scarf, why not just make it an in game accessory for representing your guild ^_^ haha
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.