1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Tabard, cape or something else?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by SepiDN, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazaik

Mazaik New Cupcake

I think that armbands or headbands would be super sick, I think WS has the opportunity to be completely unique, and I think they should run with it as far as possible.

If only I had read further down, this is win.
    kanochi likes this.
  2. Zwipe

Zwipe Cupcake

A dye that would put the guild symbol on your armor would be cool, or maybe an insignia that you can attach to your weapons ala GW2.
    kanochi likes this.
  3. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

I've always really liked tabards since they aren't to intrusive or anything, but really it'd be nice if there was some of everything and they just gave everyone the option to choose how they represented their guild. = P

I really love the cape/sash designs that were posted earlier though, they are soooo cute. ^^ A armband/headband would be adorable to though.
    Zwipe likes this.
  4. Reykjavik

Reykjavik New Cupcake

I'm still waiting for fully customizable guild set's of armor. That would be so awesome, but I guess you can accomplish (for the most part) the same thing with a wardrobe option.
  5. Shalanigh

Shalanigh Cupcake

What about like a samurai banner, but instead of it being cloth, it projects like a hologram or whatever. (like zap's idea)

[​IMG]
    Ayora likes this.
  6. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

That would be pretty sweet.

I think they should make it so that if you're in a group (or close to each other) then only the leader has it.
    Shalanigh likes this.
  7. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

Something else. Please, something else. I was grateful for tabards in the days when there wasn't a transmorg option and armor could be mismatched or horror-inducing, but if armor is actually attractive and varied (as I hope it will be) it tends to interfere. They're also far too entrenched in old fantasy ideals. I'd say the same for capes, and point out that many games allow people to turn those off and that many people do so.

I like the idea of armbands or insignias far better, with neck scarves and sashes being intriguing options. Let people show a little guild pride without the colors dominating their look. The samurai banner? I'd totally be up for that too.
  8. Victim

Victim New Cupcake

Do want guild capes. Guilds are a very important part of an MMO's survival, games rise and fall almost solely on large well known guilds support
  9. Xemma

Xemma New Cupcake

I liked the 'cape' they had in Aion. It's small enough to not hide your armor but big enough to be visible. Never been a fan of those weird short capes for example Guild Wars has, but ofcourse the more options the better :D

[​IMG]
    Mesmir likes this.
  10. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

Thhhiiiiiissssssssssssss!

I would love a customization guild feature, such as a cape, etc.

My personal idea was a shoulder, sound a bit odd right?

Lemme break it down for you, we all see people with shoulder gear right? Well why don't we have a person guild shoulder.

For example, normal shoulders would be equal size, however, your guild shoulder (left shoulder) would be a lot larger.

You see them a lot in mmo's, especially WoW.
  11. Hobbes

Hobbes New Cupcake

I think having a number of different options to display your guild emblem is a good way to go, I for one prefer scarfs.

[​IMG]
  12. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Shields have always been good fun as well, and weapons in general, if it can be done well. Maybe a guild hilt *heh* and pommel?
  13. Kalorius

Kalorius New Cupcake

I like the idea of having your guild emblem on flags at your house, as a flag/banner you can pop down if you choose to, as a flare/firework that you shoot up in the sky to display the guild emblem and maybe name? Also a great idea is to have it painted on your vehicles! Ofcourse in arenas,battlegrounds or warplots they could maybe allow you to spraypaint it yourself like in Counter Strike? So you can tag the enemies base as an extra way of showing your superiority? And since it's their game, they could limit your emblem choices so we don't risk having genitals displayed all over the place :)

so to summerize:
    Flag/banner you can plant
    Spray paint
    Vehicle cammo
    Fancy hat?
    Flaregun/fireworks with guild emblem
    House plot banners

- Kalorius
  14. Freelancer

Freelancer Cupcake-About-Town

I was really dissappointed in GW2's options for representing your guild. I hope Wildstar has something unique to "rep" if you want.
  15. Crittical_Error

Crittical_Error New Cupcake

I haven't read all reply's yet, so might be repeating someone...

But what about No matter what cape you wear it has the guild emblem on it...so a water mark almost possibly customised by the player wearing it, I have found a lot of the time while designing tabards that there is always some grumpy player who don't like pink and gold skulls :(

/Crittical_Error
  16. Grim Fandango

Grim Fandango Well-Known Cupcake

On a related note, I'd just once -- just once -- like to see an MMO with actual cloaks. Not useless towels magically strapped to the back of your neck that look ridiculous, but actual, bona fide cloaks.

That said, I don't understand the need some people have to "show off" their guild. It's plastered right there under your name in most games. What more do you really need to show people you belong to a guild when it's that bloody obvious? Do you really assume people think along the lines of: "Hmm, look at that fellow over there. Swankyname of <House Swanky>. I wonder what guild he's in (even if I just blurted it out in my own head cause it's right frakkin' there). Let me run up and get a closer look to check, assuming I even have a clue what every guild's tabard/cape/design in the game looks like to begin with."
  17. Lesh

Lesh Cupcake

I guess the best way to go is to have multiple option. Personally I can't even imagine how holographic projection ( off your shoulder!!!) can look cool but a lot of ppl seem to like the idea. I'd like the options to put guild emblems on any armor and mounts
  18. Mimsy

Mimsy New Cupcake

Okay, rad ideas so far. Thinking about something that seems more thematic though, I could see something like unique markings, in the vein of tattoo's. Perhaps something like tribal markings that would denote your guild/clan. I could see this working for all of the races, and then wouldn't interfere with gear aesthetics at all. Cool swirls across the side of the face, chest, neck, hands...would add a gorgeous visual element to characters, and could certainly reflect the tone or purpose of a guild!
  19. Ebrech

Ebrech New Cupcake

Versatility of customization for all taste. Color, Shape, gears type. I was thinking how in Pacific Rim they all have their own style of gears. That be kinda cool if you could buy a whole outfit with colors and emblem and wear it as a costume. I like cape, I like tabards, and a I like logo on gears as well. Wish they would implement them all :)
  20. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Arm bands.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.