1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Tanking variety and flavor

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by D3athcr33ps, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Madly

Madly New Cupcake

Rysta answered this question perfectly. Powertechs have SO much utiliy, mobility, AE threat, and are still able to take a beating. I love the mix of ranged and melee and the interesting variety of CDs. I also love the idea of the heat system, it's fairly unique out of other mmos I've played to have to worry about building up too much resource and I love the extra factor that heat management adds. On top of that, the animations are sick. Using Death from Above on a huge group of mobs never gets old.

So basically utility, mobility, and the feel of the class.
  2. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

Agreed. Perhaps there could be extensive use of turrets and the like; either dps turrets or heavily armored turrets, soaking damage while they get fixed by the engi. The ranged weaponry would definitely allow him to be able to jump around and fix/buff things while still dealing damage.
  3. dizko

dizko Cupcake-About-Town

To everyone saying Warrior = WoW Warrior, I disagree.

To me Warriors are more akin to WoW's Deathknight. Warriors seem to even have a death grip type of ability. (Which is awesome)
  4. Yule

Yule Cupcake

I could see turrets being used as survival CDs. For example, boss is hitting you like crazy and you drop a turret which instantly aggros the boss, giving you a few secs to be topped off by the healer. Having the entire tanking bit revolving around turrets does not sound too great to me personally, i strongly believe most players want to tank with their character instead of having their character popping and repairing turrets to tank for them.

Even if the tanking does not solely revolve around turrets and the like, there is still plenty of options to differentiate engineer tanking from war/stalker.
  5. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

If the Engineer is the rifleman tank I pray that we get an ability that actually uses our guns rapid fire capability as some sort of suppressing fire move. I was so agitated in ToR that the Vanguard tank didn't get any kind of threat generating suppressing fire kind of move.
  6. Arkana

Arkana New Cupcake

I have one question: if all the classes has 2 roles, what role will have the stalker as the secondary? Tank? We know at that all the classes can dps but we know that medic, esper and spellsinger are healers as a secondary role. So... is suposed that the stalker will be a tank ? maybe evasive tank like ninja in FFXI? would be awesome... <:inlove:
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Stalker = tank

not ''will be''...they ARE! ;) It's old news from years ago. It was on their class page aswell....just now it's removed for the ultra drop, so I guess newbies to the game won't know :D
  8. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

Don't worry, no matter how many times you say this, we'll still have to deal with PUGs saying stalker is not tank and that you should invite a warrior. Can't wait for all these healers whining before even checking how you play.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Wait...your a medic dps? GO HEAL YOU IDIOT!

But anyway....i'll be the one laughing at all those idiots who say that :D
  10. Satarn

I'm so happy I will probably have a pocket healer with me at most times, but gotta make up some snarky responses for the times he's not online. The worst is when they agree to go with you, but then, once they see you don't suck it becomes their main goal to prove their point and show that you're somehow bad anyway.
  11. Arkana

Arkana New Cupcake

woah, didnt know about old news. I follow the game just 1 month ago and i didnt hear nothing about the stalker tanking. Anyway, i am happy about this old-fresh news^^;:ninja:

Thx for the answers
  12. Alistair Cain

Alistair Cain Cupcake

Am I the only one hoping that the engineer looks/plays like a Ghostbuster? :p
    Zap stuff with a ray gun, throw a trap out to immobilize/taunt/tether mobs and when fighting bosses.........two engineers can cross streams for massive dps :p

(This started out more as a joke, but now I really, really want them to do this :)).
    Rek and Irullan like this.
  13. Rek

Rek Cupcake-About-Town

Crossing the streams should crash the server.
  14. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

Or wipe the raid. Although that would piss off a LOTTA 40 Man teams.
  15. Satarn

I find it amusing how the devs seemed not to even notice how they said the engineer's class name during the last stream, especially after all the fuss they've made with the garnok medic mob.

Btw, seems like they've confirmed engineer not to be a mobile tank when they mentioned them together with warriors as easier to heal O: I guess it may be temporary-shielding based absorption instead of kiting as some thought? Or maybe that suit the human engineer on the class page is wearing is not just a heavy armor, but some sort of a hint?