1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Big Beefy Beta Mega-Thread!

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Echelon, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalvWatch

MalvWatch New Cupcake

It could be worse. You could be from Brazil, like me :(
  2. Sierus

Sierus Cupcake

Cant. Stop. Reading. In. Zapp's. VOICE!

Seriously though, best of luck to all of you and I hope we ALL get in! After all, the more people allowed in a greater stress test can be undertaken to semi-accurately estimate server quantity at launch and more Bug reports coming in!

~S
  3. daihenka

daihenka New Cupcake

Considering that all they know about our PCs is that we ticked the box that said we met the minimum system requirements on the beta sign up page, I would like to suggest that what you have under the hood means nothing.

As for their cryptic message of watch your spam filter, that could simply mean they have a newsletter coming out with important information. Loose Lips Sink Invite could be a warning to F&F testers or the media sites. Or we could have beta invites going out "soon".

I do hope that no regions around the world are excluded from the beta.
  4. Thalidor

Thalidor New Cupcake

5. Crybone

Crybone Cupcake-About-Town

Same thing i received back then :)

I believe i tried to signed up again when they announcer it this year. Though i believe it then said i had registered and i could renew the application, which i din't since I was assuming it was a "que".

Don't remember the message 100% correct though.
  6. Morggause

Morggause Cupcake-About-Town

Not sure if they are right or if they are going to send many wave today, but my guess is that it's sadly already over. I surely hope it's not but :x

Or maybe i'm wrong since apparently people are getting mail 5/6 hours after their announcment, maybe they are going to clear this up in WsW, or they are sending according to timeline and i can still hope.

Over-reacting 101 ...
  7. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Cupcake-About-Town

Seems like some other stuff I've read, might be true.

Also, it'd be nice cool if Carbine released the NDA to everyone like Bioware did for SW:TOR, that way we can know what testers are/are not allowed to talk about (if anything) and whether or not people can actually say that they're in beta.
  8. Morggause

A lot of us had a survey asking for our computer spec and some other things i can't remember
    Aheadache likes this.
  9. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

On the lighter side of things, I keep getting excited when I see emails, even junk ones. Will be hard to work today, sorry boss.
  10. Nym

Nym Cupcake-About-Town

Wake up, check my email see Welcome to.... start to freak out.... realize its for FFXIV: A realm reborn.... heart is crushed. WILDSTAR I WANT YOU!​
    Hopefully they will make an announcement today letting us know whats going on. I really hope I get it.​

Also really don't think they have sent out any invites yet, it would be all over the major gaming news sites if they did, because press tend to be the first to get access.
    Aheadache likes this.
  11. Morggause

Not if their NDA is so restrictive that gaming sites aren't allowed to talk about it, since apprently people aren't allowed to tell (that's just a guess as everything on this thread) if they are in the beta or not.

(And today another batch of TESO invite are going ot be sent apparently too)
    Aheadache likes this.
  12. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

I don't really have any fear over this one based on the way Carbine have behaved recently. They have been very open about everything, with plenty of tongue in cheek comments about beta etc.

As soon as the first email hits the first inbox, we will know.
  13. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

How about they allow pre-orders that also give beta access if you buy it ?!
    JCwildthing likes this.
  14. Morggause

Would buy that no matter the price ...
    But for that they would need to be fixed on their eco model so ... but with all the people waiting since 2009 i think they would get a fair amount of money from it
  15. Agon

Agon Cupcake

I hope they do that without waiting for the last 2 weeks of closed beta like so many other games did before. I would still preorder it but i'm pretty sure at that point not a lot of feedback is going to matter. And yes, i too would pay a few bucks extra for early access :)
  16. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

I'll continue to call troll until my invite arrives. Also allowing pre-orders would mean they've decided on a payment model!!!
  17. Dredval

Dredval New Cupcake

Carbine loves the tease and denial game, they will be goods sadomasochists (or wathever the word is).

I will kill a chinese chef every day without beta, just for tease me this way...
  18. Ninereeds

Ninereeds Cupcake-About-Town

Well I had dreams that I was getting e-mail alerts on my PC, my phone, my iPad, my business PC, and all of the e-mails were junk mail. It was basically just like real life but much more depressing.

I am holding out hope invites are still going out. I would imagine people can say if they are in beta since they are making it public knowledge that the beta is going on, but that's just my opinion. The fact that no one from this site has let anything slip keeps me a little hopeful, at least until the WSW update this afternoon that will hopefully let me down gently that all of the invites have been sent and I'll have to wait for the next wave.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that members of this community get betas even if I don't, if anyone is looking forward to the game more than me it's all of you.
  19. ShadowNugget

ShadowNugget Cupcake

Its not really pre orders its more of a founder package.
  20. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Cupcake-About-Town

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.