1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Story The Easy Mission Pt: 1

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Roguehandle, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Roguehandle

Roguehandle Cupcake

It was supposed to be an easy infiltration job. The mission was to sneak in the cover of darkness, hack into a Dominion data core and then sneak out. The Outpost looked to be lightly defended and the arrogant Dominion would not expect such an attack. Teach her to trust a Mordesh.

Darkia was the lookout. The Aurin looked tense as her black ears were folded down against her head and tail flicked back and forth in agitation. She held her trusty mag pistols, Angel and Death, at the ready. For what seemed like the hundredth time, she turned her yellow eyes towards the three working on the fence. “I thought you were almost done.” she growled.

In truth, there was only two working on the fence. The one not helping stood slightly away and perfectly still. He was wearing lightweight black body armor like everyone else but his had a hint of red at the shoulders and legs. Zaren’s face was a pale blue, his lips black and had a pair of glowing red goggles for eyes. Strangest thing of all was that he had a bunch of green and blue wires that acted as hair that was pulled back into a pony tail. The Mordesh gave Darkia the creeps.

Zaren finally shrugged his shoulders and extended a wicked looking black and glowing green twin blade from his right forearm. “…..these would be quicker but noisier….” he whispered. They way he spoke also gave Darkia the cold chills. His blades went back into his forearm silently. “….the Black Hoods information is credible…..low priority target….high reward….easy.” The dead looking man smiled.

Darkia checked the power levels of her Mag Pistols again. “I wish people would stop saying that.” she mainly muttered to herself. They were hidden by a large chunk of green crystal that had a strange kind of purplish leaf growing out from it. The Dominion was very careless to build a fence near it. If they were that stupid, maybe there was a larger chance of the Exiles beating them off this planet.

One of the others actually working on the fence stoop up from kneeling on the ground and towered over Darkia and Zaren, even though she was still hunched over slightly. It was a good thing their cover was big. Sera were their Granok mercenary for this mission. It was hard to find infiltration armor to fit her…rocky curves and the armor still did not look right on her. She was giving a large smile with very white teeth at Darkia. “We are almost done. Skinny is nervous.” Her voice was deep and hallow like it was coming from a chasm. Darkia could not help but be a little envious at Sera’s stone red hair that was in an odd triangle formation. Her wild long black hair was such a hassle at times.

Darkia shook her head ruefully. She had to concentrate. Sera might not be taking the mission seriously but if things went bad, the huge glowing purple greatsword on her back should clear any danger away. She hoped. Finally there was a small voiced, “Ah ha!” from the last figure working on the fence. All turned towards the small voice and noticed a large portion of the fence fall away. The figure turned around, extended his right arm and gave the group a “V” signal with two of his fingers.

Darshis had a large grin on his face and looked very proud of himself. He was human, the youngest of the group and most likely no more than eighteen years old. He wore large rimmed glasses over his deep blue eyes, had short blond hair that seemed never to have seen a comb and was very skinny. Darkia had her reservations about bringing the kid along but he was known to know about computers and was a naturally talented Esper. The silver psyblade on his back looked awkward on him.

“…then let us begin…” Zaren stated flatly before mentally activating his stealth mode. His job was to quietly clear a pre-determined path to the objective. Darkia was glad she no longer had to look at the ghoul man. Next was Sera. The granok tried her best to limit the loud thumping of her foot steps with not much luck. Anyone ten feet away would most likely hear. Darkia thanked her good fortune as she started to hear the sounds of an approaching storm. Next was Darshis. He nervously put some tools into a backpack before slinging it on and giving her one of his large smiles before following the rock woman. Darkia took one last look behind her before following the others. The wind was picking up.

There was a quick flash of purple lightning before a deep rumbling of thunder was heard. The storm would be getting closer. Could be a bad one.

Ok people...I have not written anything for a long time but this game and world got me motivated. If things go well, I might continue it by next week. If not..it was fun writing again.
    Draxus, Maddog Charlie and Inukeu like this.
  2. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Just getting into it Agggggh and it ended :cry:
    Character descriptions are great and you keep everything moving fast enough between the dialogs to keep me hooked GOT TO know what happens next. Good work thanks.
  3. zaricko

zaricko New Cupcake

verry nice story good job ;o we have to know what happens next
  4. Roguehandle

Roguehandle Cupcake

I will be working on it in the coming days. Thank you all for reading it. If all goes well, the should be a part 2 by friday.
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  5. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

wish I could write stories like that mine was <REDACTED> and I also want to know what happens next :up:
  6. Roguehandle

Roguehandle Cupcake

Looks like its going to take a little longer...just like the game! anyway..I am hoping to have part 2 done by next friday.
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  7. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Thats cool Roguehandle, I do the same sometimes I come up with a stella part one and then the next part doesnt seem right. I end up going round and round, edit after edit trying to get part 2 as good as part one. In the end I abandon it, put it on a shelf and then come back to it weeks later.
    Some readers seem to accept the characters in part one as brief descriptions (coloring in the character in their mind) but then I think about half of them, as they get deeper into the plot, they want more description. So you end up only pleasing half of your readers if the pace changes and the details are added.
    I still havent figured how the Pro's do it (so I have to stick with my day job for now) but they seem to have figured some formula for drawing us in and compelling us to read more and more. Yours certainly does that and I look forward to part two, however it comes out.
    PS: the rumor that I kill off all my characters in part 3, if nobody likes the story is entirely unsubstantiated LOL
  8. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

Noooo! I read the entire part before checking if there was more :(