1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Eldan As a future playable race?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by badamss, Jun 16, 2013.

1. badamss

badamss New Cupcake

I know i'm probably jumping the gun a bit here but:

I think it would be really cool to have the Eldan as a future playable race, my idea:

- Expansion where we find the Eldan/what happened/happening
    - Eldan would be the only cross-factional race, possibly set them apart somehow e.g. The Corrupt Eldan/The Pure Eldan
    - Requires a max level character/story completion in order to create one, much like in COH the peacekeeper so it actually means something if you see an Eldan
    - Racially locked path: science but potentially the ability to have two paths, so you have an optional + science relating to their lore
    - Racial ability: Summon Mechari warrior to aid in battle - Sounds OP but could be balanced, only lasts 30 secs e.g. and cool down of 60mins+
    [​IMG]
    Thoughts? added ideas?
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  2. crowsong

crowsong Cupcake-About-Town

I could possibly, maybe go with playable Luminai for Dominions and a later announced awesome Exile race, but I don't think the Eldan should ever be playable. Why? well my first reason is because they supposedly transcended (essentially making them gods), but this could just be legend and if they didn't transcend something wanted them gone and I don't think its just gonna let them come back. Lastly, the purpose of W* is to discover the Eldan secrets hidden in Nexus, if the Eldan's show up... well huge plot hole for any future expansions.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You can't play them ever! You know why?

*SPOILER*
    Don't read if you don't want to
    I warn you! Don't blame me!
    Last warning!
    (They are most likely dead, they lost vs something dark that is now comming for Nexus once again, these are Carbines words on it)
    *End of Spoiler*

But the Luminai would be an awesome race to play with :up:

But for real in-game purpose your ''eldan'' are too good, 2 possible paths? + decided which faction you want to join....i'm all in for a race that you can choose a faction but don't let them have 2 paths or other things that just scream ''this class is better then any other so why keep your main if you can have ME?!''.....it ruins a game in my opinion. Don't make additional races TOO special ;)

Such ability is already in the game ''summon reinforcements'' a Soldier path ability that summons....well reinforcements....rest is still under NDA.
    ArdentSun and Apostate like this.
  4. Rundo

Rundo Cupcake

Space is big, a really really very big place. And i am sure Carbine has enough creativity to think of new awesome cool races that originate from some far corner of space we have never seen before.

But the Eldan as playable race? no, just no. they are into too deep in the main story line to be a playable race imho.
  5. crowsong

This is the second time I've been told that Spoiler, do you have a source? the last person didn't either... Not that I donn't believe you but im a lore hound and want it from the source.
  6. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

8. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

I just did! ;)
    Extatica likes this.
  9. crowsong

Ah, thank you! I wish it was a direct quote :( I really hate journalist paraphrases...

There is a possibility they aren't dead! "Something bad" and "got them" implies only that something caught them, and did bad stuff to them (wow that sounded creepy). I personally think something is wrong with Nexus, something hidden and very dark and powerful is their. Why else would an entire species up and leave all of their stuff with no form of deconstruction or salvaging?
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Aye, hence my use of the words ''most likely'' because it's Carbine we are talking about. Anything can happen :D But my guts tells me they are dead, and my gut have never put me down before :coffee:

We once had the ''What happend to the Eldan'' thread, if you could see my post, i kinda predicted all of this:
    This story seems more legit now thanks to that quote, don't you think so?
    So i trust my gut feelings :up:
  11. crowsong

I can't wait to start discovering holochrons (if that's their name in WildStar)!
  12. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

i think they're called datacrons
    Kataryna likes this.
  13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Eldancrons, much better :D
  14. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

So we find the Eldan and they ruin the entire mystery behind the lore. They show up practically out of no where similar to the Pandarens and also can be either faction except the ones that go Exile are called "Corrupt". Now they are a hero class like Deathknights (By the way, that means very little as EVERYONE will have a max level character and EVERYONE would roll an Eldan, just like DK's and people hated DK's for a very long time). They also get two paths for no real reason complete with abilities and content. And lastly they get a completely unique racial ability (No other races have racial abilities) that will make them OP no matter how long it's CD is (Free extra dps is free).

Sounds balanced and fair to me.

The only way to put Eldan in would be to have them just as normal as everyone else, and that is BORING. Hence the Eldan will *hopefully* never be in this game, because if they aren't OP/unfair then they don't match their lore well and make everything feel lame.

The Luminai are also hardly a possibility as there don't seem to be many of them, nor would they ever take on grunt work and etc being a high ranking noble race. Will there be more races? Probably. Will they be the Eldan/Luminai? God I hope not. We will probably go to some other planet in an expansion and find two warring races there that each get hired to different sides.

No offense to you or anything, I just say it how it is :eek:
  15. badamss

badamss New Cupcake

[video] [/video]
  16. crowsong

I guess they didn't want to blatantly copyright star wars lol? but the Wildstar DataChrons also emit holograms so its kinda redundant.
  17. Azalus

Azalus Cupcake

Not to beat the dead horse by now, but no, just no. The Eldan are a great lore tool, and as such, will lose a lot of their mysticism by showing back up. I personally think that they should just stay gone the entire span of the game...you know, like the Dwemer from The Elder Scrolls series. They messed with the heart of a god and collectively as a race vanished from Tamriel. The fact that they're gone make them feel kind of epic when you're exploring their ruins, facing their technology, and learning their history.
  18. vicksen

vicksen Cupcake

^definitely no. To add to the Dwemer example and raise you real life: it'd be like having the ancient Egyptians suddenly show up to a dinner party.
    Azalus likes this.
  19. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Agreed. They are hugely instrumental to the lore. Arguably the most important. So, no.
  20. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

a Live Eldan should be rare, not just rare a very very rare sight in the game. something really bad happens to them to dissapears so, see statues, holograms, pictures is fine but a real one, and not hostile to us should make a feel like "Oh, god how is this possible? you were only a legend of the past"

like others said, Sci fy games have the advantage of a great and bast universe to play , and new races can by anything. from something classic like an Space Orc to a big lobster with tentacles like Zoidberg. So there is no need to kill the Mistery of the Eldans just to make a neutral race for both factions (when we know eldans created the Dominion and if they are going to be playable they should be dominion exclusive :$)