1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Evolution of Targeting and Aiming & Autoattacks

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Fraya, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Brafcauknid

Brafcauknid New Cupcake

The combat system overall, is what has me concerned the most about Wildstar. I have 2 long time guildmates, that are the original 2 people who got me interested and excited for wildstar. They both lucked out and got into the previous beta and/or stress tests and both are now no longer planning on getting wildstar, based solely on how bad they feel the combat system is. Both loved Neverwinter's combat and said wildstar is no where near as engaging and fun as that. I too very much enjoyed the combat of neverwinter and hoped wildstar would be closer to it then GW2....I have no fun just running around hitting whatever spell/skill happens to be off cooldown, and both guildies said that's exactly what wildstar is. I have been soooo excited waiting for wildstar....but now I am having some serious doubts starting to creep in.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Not that the concerns that your guildmates aren't legitimate, but do note that there has been a lot of favorable opinions on WildStar's combat with what has been seen by all at conventions. It may just come down to taste. Besides, we do know Carbine is in the midst of refining their combat mechanics.
    Leiloni likes this.
  3. Migrayne

Migrayne New Cupcake

Their is a reason game companies have NDA's for beta. The game is not finished or polished yet. Making posts or spouting information about an unfinished game is not fair to the game or the company making it.

Many systems are being fixed changed tweeked and so forth. Forgiving the fact your friends said they disliked the combat in a BETA which they should not of talked about to begin with, everything they saw or did is subject to change. I would not take what they said as fact or not stay interested in the game due to anything they saw in beta.

Every game in beta changes a lot. That is the point.
    Leiloni and Xlugon Pyro like this.