1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Female Draken Thread (images, specualtion, discussion, blood wine with a side of fresh meat)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Jynetik, Apr 2, 2013.

1. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

I wonder if there's an albino version for each character. I like the color of the, what you refer to as, "the sand color skin" (although, imo, it could be much lighter to fit the albino theme). I think albinism is beautiful, and I'd like to see a white, or very light, option for each character when it comes to skin/fur/scales.

P.S. The female Drakens are sexy ;o
    Siflay, Micromadsen and Jynetik like this.
  2. Tiiria

Tiiria Cupcake

Thanks so much for the big info post, Jynetik. It's very useful to have it all in one place.

I'm working on a female draken drawing right now. Hopefully I'll be able to post that up later today. :D If not, probably tomorrow. My tablet decided to stop using pen pressure after I had my computer hibernating from last night, so I'm gonna restart and work some more. :>

I notice the crazy green-skinned draken still has a peachy-colored face. Which leads me to think either you can change the body and face color independently, or draken just all have similar-colored faces, and the body markings is where they diversify.
    Jynetik likes this.
  3. Tiiria

Tiiria Cupcake

4. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

Love it! While I am pretty sold on a Granok main, I'm gonna have to make a female Draken alt!

Thanks for all your work on this thread.
    Jynetik likes this.
  5. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

I'm with Kaimarshall, I think an albino, or at least snowy-themed Draken would be really awesome. I dunno if I would play it for sure, but getting to see it in game would be great.

Short horns and jewelry - love it! Now they just need to tell me that Draken can have and engineer-type classe. :D
    ruff_ethereal and kaimarshall like this.
  6. kaimarshall

A snowy theme would be cool. But I would imagine the draken to look sort of like an albino reptile. Like an albino alligator, for example:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ruff_ethereal and Fox Spirit like this.
  7. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

I was going the safe route... some people might want the really white skin, but might want pale pink hair and eyes, while real albino be all white with pink eyes.
  8. kaimarshall

Well, that's when it comes to fur for animals. But it's never really completely white. There's always the very light yellow pigmentation :D
  9. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

Hmm... I guess I could see that new skin tone acting as an albino appearance for Draken, assuming we can change eye colours.

In othernews, I like your art, the chua sailor made me lol.
    kaimarshall likes this.
  10. kaimarshall

11. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Female Draken NinjaBatmanWolverinePredators! Woohoo! As sexy as it gets?
  12. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

Nope... female draken gun-obsessed scientist path! That's as sexy as it gets. :3

That's right, my Draken is getting patterned after Kari from Mythbusters. ...the redhead science nerd part anyway. xD
    Siflay and ruff_ethereal like this.
  13. Ysme

Ysme Cupcake

My favourite thread on these forums..
    A big thank you to Jynetik especially and all the other great contributors. :up:

I love the Drak v Charr debunk.
    Jynetik likes this.
  14. Rial

Rial Cupcake

So would anyone like to play a more bulky, muscular female Draken than what we've seen so far? I personally always enjoy a buff warrior race woman among my characters.
    Sonntam likes this.
  15. Micromadsen

Micromadsen New Cupcake

While I'm all for more options when it comes to customization I highly doubt that it would actually fit the Draken. The Draken is a predator after all, and when have you last seen a bulky predator?:p
  16. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

You forget that with Mantis the males that get eaten have a very high chance of having offspring. The ones that don't let themselves to be devoured have to deal with a lesser chance of having little baby spiders, but can have another go with a different spider lady. So both options are pretty viable.

This in return would mean that the weaker Draken males would still pass down their genetic material and that does not sound very clever from evolutionary standpoint.

And what good is eating scrawny males, really? If anything they should be used as decoys to catch larger pray. Basically: go on a hunting date. If the male gets killed, then he won't be missed. If he succeeds, then the date is a success and sexy times can begin.

That sounds like a much more sensible system, allowing more brainy, but physically weak Draken still to get laid.
  17. Ysme

Ysme Cupcake

Well if you take the quote above it shows opinion is divided on why's and wherefores which suits me fine.

The hunting date idea is fine. No issues with that.
    But what if said super hunter turns out to be full of it and you've just spent the past so many hours stalking around with super chump doing a fine job of boosting their ego but getting nothing in return, sounds like alot of wasted time and energy that needs replacing somehow ;)

(Don't worry hun, let me stoke that deflated ego for you.......gobble gobble munch munch )

And brains will always have value for females therefore a good gene pool mix is always optimal.

So from an elovutionary standpoint it all makes sense to me.
  18. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

I think it's better if you try to present it as an off-shoot of the Drakens, maybe a more bloodthirsty clan of Draken, rather than trying to get us to go along with this idea as how the whole of the Draken are. It's absolutely fine with me (not that I could stop you) if you want your character to be like this...

But I have to say, you did a lot better explaining yourself here, than you did on wsrp for some reason.
  19. Ysme

Ysme Cupcake

Thanks Fox Spirit,

I would never proscribe any lore for anyone.
    Within the official there will always be variations on a what is the norm an what is not. You only have to look at human culture to see a little of the extremes that can be prevalent within one species and then there's a whole rainbow fest of alternatives.

So yeah just throwing this out there for Draken players to get their teeth into an see how it suits them.
  20. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Oh to be a Clanlord...a former decorated soldier in the Dominion Legions...to have the respect and power to call a great hunt and watch the huntresses gather before me...

Or to be a fellow hunter...thriving in the thrill of the chase and eventual kill...running alongside my huntress peers and rivals...

I honestly can't decide which sounds like more fun. ;)