1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Female Draken Thread (images, specualtion, discussion, blood wine with a side of fresh meat)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Jynetik, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

God she looks good. Makes me happy to main a male draken. :) Looking forward to what you post next Jyn!:)
    Jynetik likes this.
  2. AriaRae

AriaRae New Cupcake

So...this thread is awesome! As an altoholic, I have a draken stalker female, and she's pretty cool.
    Jynetik likes this.
  3. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

u like male draken? lol your profile pic fooled me foreal XD
    Death likes this.
  4. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Shhhhh. My Aurin stalker love is a secret. ;)
  5. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

this will stay between us then:cautious:
    Death likes this.
  6. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

[​IMG]

One of the background images off of the new Wildstar-Online website that I found interesting.
  7. Niliana

Niliana Cupcake

The more I read this thread, the more I really really want to play right now. *grabbyhands*
    Jynetik likes this.
  8. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Happy 1 Year Anniversary Female Draken Thread!
    [​IMG]
    It is hard to believe that a whole year has passed since I first made this funny little thread. I initially started this thread to try and collect all of the available information on the female Draken in one place for easy access and discussion. There wasn't a whole lot to talk about all the way back in April of 2013, just a couple of screenshots and 2 pieces of concept art, but it was enough to spark some really great discussion as well as fan-art, great theory crafting, and even a couple of developer posts. I want to thank all of you who have participated in this thread, the Wildstar-Central community, the moderators who have worked hard to keep this thread on-topic, and of course Zap-Robo.​
    --- --- ---​
    As of writing this post the Female Draken Thread has been viewed 54,139 times with 626 posts. This thread continues to accrue a steady amount of hits per week which is testament to how popular the female Draken are and I have been happy to provide as much information as I can about them (NDA and time permitting of course).​
    Speaking of that pesky NDA... I can finally say that I have been beta testing Wildstar since a few weeks after this thread was first created. You guys have no idea how hard it was for me to keep quiet and not let anything NDA breaking slip into my updates here. I was pretty torn between my desire to give you guys the best and most comprehensive information on the female Draken and my respect for Carbine and their beta policies. That said I like to think that I did a decent job of squeezing as much information as I possibly could out of each and every article, devspeak, flick, and live show that Carbine put out for public viewing.​
    So what have I been up to for the past six months? Well obviously once the beta started to really open up and later when the NDA came down this thread became a little redundant and updating it daily with even more character creation videos and screens wasn't really that useful. Instead I have been working full time (outside of my full time job) helping Carbine through the various beta phases testing content and reporting bugs, and generally raising hell on the forums as the unofficial advocate for Female Draken character creation. Believe it or not the female Draken have lost quite a few features over the past year and some of the best known features and some of the options that I managed to catch in dev speaks have up and disappeared! Hair colors and styles that were widely seen on NPCs would disappear to be replaced by the scant few that made it into the character creator between patches. The classic "Alpha" female Draken hairstyle that seemed like a guaranteed item disappeared shortly before Winter Beta to my great dismay D: . Needless to say I have been keeping track of everything and made sure that Carbine was well aware that the female Draken need some love.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully at some point after launch we will see some movement from Carbine in regards to all of these missing features.​
    Well... since I wasn't able to have my brown-haired Draken like I wanted I decided to go with some striking purple hair instead and this is Jynetik as she exists in-game since the start of Winter Beta. Currently she's a level 44 warrior, been doing a lot of alting and having far too much fun on my housing plot.​
    [​IMG]
    Someone even drew some fan art of her! Much thanks to the artist!​
    [​IMG]
    --- --- ---​
    I just want to say thank you again to all of you, the Wildstar community has been amazing to me and I hope that I have been able to give back at least a fraction of what you guys have given me. I can't wait to see what Wildstar's launch has in store for this community and I look forward to each and every new twist and turn in the road for this game and it's community. One thing I know for certain however: There will be no shortage of female Draken out there.​
    Thank you for the great year guys, here's to the next one!​
    - Jynetik​
    Xlugon Pyro, Ianpact, Dysp and 2 others like this.
  9. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Jyn your thread was one of the first things that sparked my interest once I found WSC. I became immediately aware that it was gonna be a place with quality info and fun speculation. So Thank YOU! For everything you've done with it. Hope to see you on Nexus someday. :)
  10. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

i would like to see her too but she would probably kill me :cry:
    Death likes this.
  11. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32541-draken-deities/?p=325779

Carbine posted an update regarding Draken religious practicies and detailed the five old gods that they worship.

-Shezka, goddess of strength. Her symbols include bones, skulls, and swords.

-Ravok, god courage. His symbols include a fang or a fist.

-Hazak, god of loyalty. Symbols include blood drop or Draken horns.

-Fazaar is the god of spirit. His symbols include an open flame or the blazing red sun of Mikros.

-Werza is the goddess of wisdom. Her symbols include a serpent and a raptor (as in "bird of prey," not as in Jurassic Park).

Pretty cool to see that the Draken god of strength is actually a "goddess", very atypical for a pantheon of deities worshiped by a male-dominant society.

Tribe, Anorissa and Kataryna like this.
  12. Niliana

Niliana Cupcake

I have pulled one of my friends over to the dominion thanks to the allure of this thread and the female Draken. Lurve it!
    Jynetik likes this.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Give draken engineers or medics so I can play one too. :p
  14. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

A week to go until launch and I was pretty confident that I had found everything worth finding and I see this, which has been staring me in the face for over a year now. That is indeed a female Draken standing next to a Luminai in the Vigilant Church aboard the Dominion Arkship.

[​IMG]
    Oh and here's a picture of my latest female Draken.

[​IMG]
    I hope you guys are all having fun in this week leading up to launch, can't believe it is almost here! If anyone is interested in finding me I will most likely be playing on Pergo (US PvP).
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    Khasar, Irullan, Death and 1 other person like this.
  15. Khasar

Khasar New Cupcake

Jynetik, that is the exact same hair style that made me want to roll Female Draken until Alpha/Beta it was not there :'[

I'm gonna email them now and request them to lnclude it upon launch!
    Jynetik likes this.
  16. Irullan

Irullan Cupcake

I just have to post this- the amazing Pyra did a portrait of Iru for me. Love it so much!
    [​IMG]
    Narrack, Jynetik and Ianpact like this.
  17. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Ianpact likes this.
  18. Rin Kaegybou

Rin Kaegybou New Cupcake

I wanted to propose a short debate/discussion.

Topic:
    Rezen the Preyfinder

Is Rezen the Preyfinder of Bonerazer Village in Celestion a Clanlord?

Yes:
    She is a leader in a village and keeps much weaker males as consorts, that lounge around her throne.
    (They're lvl 1 hunters)
    She has an almost exact replica of the throne that seats Clanlord Makaza of Bloodfire Village.

No:
    Her title does not start with Clanlord.
    (obvious) She's female.

Either:
    Is Bonerazor a clan? It does have it's own banners throughout the village.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    Jynetik likes this.
  19. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

I'd love to have some discussion.

Sorry about the late reply, life is keeping me pretty busy these days.

[​IMG]
    Art from the class page on the official wildstar website that managed to get past by me.

Alright so Razen the Preyfinder always makes for fun discussion because she flies in the face of established Draken lore (as well as Chad Moore's explanation of Draken leadership), she manages to flip around our preconceived notions of Draken sexuality, she is incredibly cool, and currently one of a kind.

As to your core question "Is Razen the Preyfinder a Clanlord?" The simple answer is yes, the complicated answer is no. As far as the current definition of "Clanlord" that we the players are aware of is concerned she meets the criteria. As you said she is the leader of a village, she is the dominant figure with a host of subservient "mates", she has a large swath of claimed territory and exerts her influence through those loyal to her. In this way she is no different than Clanlord Makaza of Bloodfire Village who shares all of these same traits. There is one key difference however in that Clanlord Makaza is officially regarded by that title by not only the rest of his species, but by the Dominion as well. Razen on the other hand has no recognition of her status.

The Draken value strength and strong leadership, most likely Razen was able to achieve her position because she was incredibly strong and cunning and was able to oust the former Clanlord. Once in power she proved to be highly successful as the Exiles saw her as enough of an overt threat to dedicate quite a few resources towards stopping her advance across Celestion. However in Draken society strength itself isn't enough to become Clanlord, you also have to consider something else the Draken hold dear, tradition. The Draken are a very religious people with strong traditions and a reverence for those that have come before them. We have seen many strong female Draken, and there is no official lore entry (as of yet) that explicitly states that female Draken are inherently weaker than male Draken so it wouldn't be uncommon for Draken like Razen to find themselves able to challenge and defeat a reigning male Clanlord. The problem is that it is Draken tradition for males to lead. Draken have a very divided society where specific roles within the clan are assigned to one gender of the other. Hunters in Draken society are exclusively female, Clanlords are exclusively male, and the consorts to those Clanlords are exclusively female, probably for breeding / lineage purposes.

[​IMG]
    Female Draken in Bloodfire Village in service of Clanlord Makaza

This isn't to say that Draken consider females to be of a lower status, remember that the Draken deity of strength is female, and that female Draken are seen doing everything that male Draken can do with this one exception. Instead it has to do with adhering to tradition. So with this in mind, Razen doesn't meet the requirements for being a Clanlord in the eyes of her fellow Draken since her position has not been officially sanctioned.

Her position however does cause quite a stir in our preconceived notions of the Draken. Firstly we have here an example of a female Draken in a position of authority and it appears to work, and work well. Razen is a serious threat to Celestion and has managed to mobilize a lot of Draken which obviously demonstrates her leadership capability, and the willingness of those below her to follow a female Draken. Secondly Razen and her consorts turn established Draken sexuality on it's head. Before we could safely assume that the Draken were a typical patriarchal society where (in typical human fashion) powerful males had access to many females and the structure worked the same way, males dominant, females submissive. Now it appears that Draken will play ball either way as long as the Draken in question is powerful. This submissive quality in the males is brand new and opens up a lot of possibilities and it shows a malleable nature to them which is not typically associated with a "primitive beast race" like this.

Sorry if this got a little rambling.

In short, Razen the Preyfinder displays all of the qualities of a Clanlord and proves to be quite capable. However due to Draken having a strong sense of tradition and her lack of official support she is not technically a Draken "Clanlord".

[​IMG]
    Just a screenshot I took the other day, got to love that warm, inviting female-Draken look
    Irullan and Ianpact like this.
  20. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Continuing my civic duty to find each and every piece of official female Draken art I can.

[​IMG]
    Ianpact likes this.