1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Genderless Race

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Guide, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

It's fine if you don't like a race, I don't like the idea of zombies for Exiles, but there's a difference between not liking a race, and saying there's something wrong with people who DO like a race.
    Just please, try and be civil...
  2. WildHawk

WildHawk Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Flamebait removed. </Mod Monocle>
  3. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

The picture you're talking about IS an aurin....
  4. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> I would like to ask that people end this line of discussion. It is going nowhere good. Thanks. </Mod Monocle>
    Celtkhan and Bellaby like this.
  5. Jetscookie

Jetscookie New Cupcake

I believe this genderless race will be an undead type of race.
  6. Asch

Asch New Cupcake

I think it makes more sense for this race to be the genderless race than the reanimated race. Obviously we don't know anything about them except that they're scientists, but I think of them as Space Gremlins. They look similar to Mogwai and sound like them as well. Mogwai reproduce asexually. If water touches them, a bunch of new Mogwai suddenly spawn from their body. So, the concept of this Wildstar race being genderless is not a stretch of the imagination for me.

Fun Trivia: "According to the novelization of the first film, Mogwai are the result of genetic manipulations by an alien scientist to create a creature that would evoke good-naturedness and goodwill amongst the galaxy. However a slight miscalculation caused all but 1 in 10,000 to be mischievous and/or evil and the transformation Mogwai can go through being totally unintended."
  7. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

i will cry if i can't make my Evil Dominion Female <Chua-dacted>!
  8. Elward

Elward Cupcake

Has it been confirmed by Carbine that the Mechari aren't this single gender race? Because if it hasn't been confirmed by them I'm still 100% sure that the Mechari are the single gender race. Having a race that can only be male or female tends to be a bad decision that turns players away from the race, so I can't imagine that being the case.

I'm pretty sure that the team was just messing with all the people here who would go crazy over something like this.
  9. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

I've asked Chad Moore, but he insisted we speculate more on it. He didn't deny or confirm.
  10. MassFragg

MassFragg Cupcake

Don't these guys look like gizmo from the gremlins movies?
  11. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

On the latest broadcast of Late Night Dominion they asked Matt Mocarski about "the genderless race" and his reply was akin to, "All of the announced races have both male and female body options." There was a deliberate pause between the question and the answer, along with some communication with someone off-camera. ;)

Edit: The question was, "Will there be both female and male versions of each race, or are some restricted to male or female?"

Off-camera: "We haven't said—"
    Matt: "So I'll say this: all the announced races have both male and female."

Rules out the Mechari. :D
    Zerdav and Guide like this.
  12. Elward

Elward Cupcake

See when I read that answer though, male and female body options, to me that doesn't mean that it's both genders. Could a robot(mechari) be made to look like both a male and female? Sure, it's a robot! But that doesn't mean it has both the male and female gender. It really doesn't even have a gender, but for the sake of the game I would say it has a single gender.

When I originally heard that there was going to be a single gender race I assumed that it was more from a lore perspective and not really gameplay, not sure if that makes any sense.

I also don't see it being a very popular decision to gender lock a race, I mean what if I really like this race but I don't want to play a male/ female? Oh well guess I'll have to pass. I don't know I'm still betting that it's the mechari, I guess I'm just stubborn haha :p
  13. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

You have to understand Carbine's emphasis on calling it "genderless". Of course a robot is genderless. We assumed we would have a robot with no masculine or feminine-like features, and it just be a robot. But with the Mechari, you have the option of being male and female with it. It could just be a bad hint, but Chad hasn't gone out and told us the hint was for Mechari.