1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Article/Guide The Genetic Archives

An introduction to the first 20 man raid in Wildstar (not a strategy guide).

1. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

2. Laura

Laura Cupcake

Carbine does have a rather purple monster thing going on! :p

For the Eugenics guild, do you have any comments on the best healy team composition for this? Tanking team?

Thanks for the great info!
    Veckna likes this.
  3. Veckna

For raid composition it varies a lot between fights (so most people should get comfortable playing their offspec) and as your gear improves you trim down on the healers to speed things up.

If you're asking about which healers perform better then they all perform well in their own ways and are all useful. We tend to have more Espers healing but other guilds have differing comps, Angel Wings and one of the US guilds seem to be more Spellslinger heavy. Everyone loves Medics!

Medics are probably one of the best raid healers (going from sheer output) at the moment and bring amazing buffs to the raid.

Espers do very well for single target healing with some nice AoE heals in the mix. In fights with continual movement their effectiveness takes a nosedive due to needing to be stationary to reliably generate Psi Points as a healer. Fortunately so far only phases, rather than entire fights, have required such movement.

Spellslingers can put out insane burst healing using spellsurged healing torrent and also have a lot of nice AoE healing although are a bit more prone to people running out of important heals due to their telegraph shapes.

Everything keeps switching around with the class balancing so is subject to change.

Tanks especially have been leap frogging each other a lot. All are viable but Engineers having longer range and very nice abilities (amps/innate) to compliment both their threat output and survivability are strong.
    Warriors seem very good once they get going while Stalkers are not quite as strong as they used to be (they seem good for front loading threat though).
    That's my limited understanding of the tanking - I'll try and get one of our tanks to reply for a much more accurate summary as I have literally no experience with tanking myself so am going from memory of teamspeak conversations.

TLDR: Composition varies depending on the fights and all the tank/healing classes are at least viable currently with some variety in their strengths and weaknesses.
    Irullan likes this.
  4. Bambooze

Bambooze New Cupcake

Edit: And we get massive class balance changes within 24 hours of me comparing them.
    All information below is outdated, yey.

For tank comps in GA, you currently need at least one engineer tank, and at least one non-engineer tank (for second last boss).

The main determining factor for tank viability on current content is threat generation.
    As such, Engineers using the Volatility Rising AMP from the assault tree are the best tanks by far, simply because they can spam their highest TPS ability forever.
    Warriors are by far the weakest on threat.
    Stalkers can almost keep up with engineers, but they need t8 decimate and good deflect rng to maintain their threat, whereas engineers can just spam 24/7 guarenteed.

Mitigation differences are mostly irrelevant, because everything is threat limited right now, but I'll list them for completeness.
    Stalkers provide the highest passive resistance numbers by a large margin, and can completely negate some burst damage boss abilities with steadfast.
    Engineers have lower resistances than stalkers, but take 100% additional healing from all sources while tanking, this allows engineers to soak high amounts of sustained damage, but they are very vulnerable to burst damage.
    Warriors don't seem to excel in any aspect of mitigation. They lack the raw resistance of stalkers, have no way to force deflects, and don't get the engineer healing taken buff.

In terms of utility, we see much the same pattern.
    Engineers provide a massive armor reduction debuff that can be maintained indefinitely. They can also tank from range, which makes them mandatory for some of the GA bosses.
    Stalkers have amplification spike t8 available, which provides 13% phys and tech resistance in an aoe, with potential >50% uptime. t8 decimate also provides a substantial 18% reduced damage done debuff on enemies.
    Warriors tanks once again are lacking. While the class does have some highly valuable utility, it can all be picked up by dps warriors (which you'd bring anyway) without them having to sacrifice damage potential.

In summary:
    Use stalkers for stuff that hits hard.
    Use engineers for stuff that needs to be hit hard.
    Use warriors if you run out of stalkers and engineers.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    Veckna likes this.
  5. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

Nice read, thanks for taking the time to write it up. (even if it is outdated now :p)
    Looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say after having a chance to play on the new patch.
    Veckna likes this.
  6. Veckna

Bambooze was meaning the tanking information is now outdated.

The article should still be fine as it's simply an introduction without detailed strategy guides etc so unlikely to be affected by balance changes (unless they completely rework a boss in which case I'll update the article).
    A lot of those raid changes listed in the patch notes were already implemented in past patches so I think the notes include some things that were added in smaller updates for completeness.
    Isgu likes this.
  7. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

I know, that's what the second part of my post was referring to :) (your raid composition post and Bambooze's tanking info post)
    Some pretty heavy dps nerfs as well so there are bound to be changes in how classes perform in a raid environment.
    Veckna likes this.
  8. Veckna

Ah, gotchya, my bad on misunderstanding what you were referring to.

Yeah will be fun seeing how the dps changes affect the raid and helping to get the new balancing right so am looking forward to the next weekend.
    Isgu likes this.