1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

the medic races!

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

I think Mechari will get both, Draken wont get either, Aurin will get Medic and Mordesh will get Engineer.

Not only does it give the same number of race/class combo options per faction in total.
    But each faction gets A 2 tank/1healer race Granok and Draken, a 3tank/1 healer race Mordesh and Mechari, a 1 tank/3healer race Aurin and Chua. An added bonus being that these pairing while providing access to a race with the same number of role loadouts manages to do so while keeping the actual class loadout for these pairs different.

While Draken could get Engineer the above would still mostly hold true I honestly believe that both the Engineer and Medic are more thematically appropriate for the Mechari than either are for the Draken.

I also feel that the Draken/Granok are their respective factions "brute" types while the Mordesh/Mechari are their factions outsider/strange types.

But perhaps more importantly while the Draken getting Engineer and the Mechari getting only Medic would still maintain the mirrored role distribution I mention above it would result in the Mordesh and Draken having the same available classes. This could obviously be fixed by switching Engineer/Medic for the Aurin and Mordesh but would remove the role symmetry as it would give the Exiles two 2tank/2 healer races while the Dominion would still have a 1tank/3 healer and 3 tank/1 healer.

Of course it's probably more likely that I'm seeing patterns where they don't exist and really just want to play a Mechari Engineer.....
  2. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

It would be ridiculous to give Granok only ONE class choice: Warrior.

Like... truly ridiculous. Even more like OUTRAGEOUS.
  3. Deslo

Deslo New Cupcake

Truly, truly, truly outrageous!
  4. Karl Pedder

Which is kind of a non-issue since the most solid info we have on who gets what concerning the Medic and Engineer is that Granok and Chua are getting both and Mordesh are getting one.
  5. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

I got from your post that brutish race like them wouldn't get any of the new classes. Nice that you cleared this up. ;)
  6. Sylph

Sylph Cupcake

//OT
    Let your friends know the holy trinity does exist in Wildstar. Based on that, dedicates healers should be a thing.
    Given what we know they can choose from Esper, Spellslinger and Medic.
    Irullan likes this.
  7. Kryptikk

Kryptikk New Cupcake

I really had a moment of wonder this morning on this topic while I agree with most of the race combos for Medic I have seen here I often wonder if Medic might shock us all (hahaha shock) and be a Tank/Healer. Carbine has stated that each class will fill TWO holy trinity roles but not which two and with heavy armor on the Medic it almost seems like I may be on the right track here especially if the weapons are melee.
  8. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

Exile:

Human
    Aurin
    Mordesh

Dominio:
    Cassian
    Chua
    Mechari
  9. Roda

Roda Cupcake-About-Town

You forgot Granok!
  10. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

Those were my guesses, Ha
  11. Karl Pedder

The issue that seems to be arising is that some folks are making uneducated"guesses" due to having missed info that was confirmed in the past.

The Granok were confirmed as getting both the unrevealed classes back before the Chua and Mordesh had been officially revealed. Shortly after their reveal the Chua and Mordesh were said to be getting both this was then clarified that the Mordesh would only be getting one. There was a big card cutout of a Mechari wielding the Medic weapons at gamerscon in Germany. We have seen gameplay footage of Cassian Human Medics and it is extremely unlikely that both factions humans will have access to different classes.

So the following Medic races aren't really guesses:
    Human
    Granok

Cassian
    Mechari
    Chua

Since it is almost a given that Carbine will provide the same number of class/race combos for each faction at least one more Exile race will be able to be Medics. With Granok and Chua confirmed as both getting Engineer it's possible that like Esper the Engineer will only be available to two races per faction which would mean that the Mordesh would get Medic as they are confirmed as getting one of the two. If however the Engineer is like every class except the Esper and is available to 3 races per faction then Mordesh will get one of the two and Aurin will get the other and on the Dominion side of things either the Mechari will get both and the Draken none remaining as the Dominions 3 class race or the Draken will get Engineer leaving the Mechari and the Dominions 3 class race.

Unfortunatly (at least from my perspective) looking at the new classes page I believe that the blue silhouettes are tech classes and the purple magic. I had already been concerned that Carbine might keep with the the symmetry and add a 3rd "tech" class and a 3rd "magic" class. If the Engineer will be a Magic class like the Esper and Spellslinger then Mechari probably wont get Engineer since Carbine seem to be going with the Robot=no magic theme. :(
  12. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I like this analysis a lot but there's more to consider as well. We've also seen mechari with big rifles on their backs from screenshots and I think I recall mordesh having rifles mounted on their backs as well but I'm not entirely certain on the latter one. If I tack on your analysis from what I've seen essentially confirming certain races as engineers, we get this (white confirmed, gray unknown, red unavailable):

Human/Cassian (5-6)
    Warrior
    Esper
    Spellslinger
    Stalker
    Medic
    Engineer

Granok (3)
    Warrior
    Esper
    Spellslinger
    Stalker
    Medic
    Engineer

Draken (3-5)
    Warrior
    Esper
    Spellslinger
    Stalker
    Medic
    Engineer

Aurin (3-5)
    Warrior
    Esper
    Spellslinger
    Stalker
    Medic
    Engineer

Chua (4)
    Warrior
    Esper​
    Spellslinger​
    Stalker
    Medic​
    Engineer​

Mordesh (3-5)
    Warrior
    Esper
    Spellslinger
    Stalker
    Medic
    Engineer

Mechari (4)
    Warrior
    Esper
    Spellslinger
    Stalker
    Medic
    Engineer

What we've seen thus far, assuming that Carbine looks to make the race/class as balanced as possible, confirms that the human races will have 5-6 classes, two races on each side will have 4 classes, and one on each side will have three classes. Excluding human races, both sides should definitely have 2 engineers and 2 medics. Dominion side this looks to mean that draken will get neither of the new classes since two non-human Dominion races have both of them. Exiles have only one race that has both excluding humans, which means mordesh get one and aurin the other to keep the balance between factions. I'm also certain that humans/cassians will be able to be all classes.

Therefore, the final race/class composition will almost certainly be this:

Human/Cassian (6)
    Warrior
    Esper
    Spellslinger
    Stalker
    Medic
    Engineer

Granok (3)
    Warrior
    Esper
    Spellslinger
    Stalker
    Medic
    Engineer

Draken (3)
    Warrior
    Esper
    Spellslinger
    Stalker
    Medic
    Engineer

Aurin (4)
    Warrior
    Esper
    Spellslinger
    Stalker
    Medic
    Engineer

Chua (4)
    Warrior
    Esper​
    Spellslinger​
    Stalker
    Medic​
    Engineer​

Mordesh (4)
    Warrior
    Esper
    Spellslinger
    Stalker
    Medic
    Engineer

Mechari (4)
    Warrior
    Esper
    Spellslinger
    Stalker
    Medic
    Engineer

Probably the worst news for me considering that my top two favorite races can't be the engineer as I was hoping, but at this point I'm pretty sure I cracked the code on the race/class compositions in WildStar. Good news is that I have a new crush on that granok girl from the warrior devspeak so maybe there's hope for me yet!
  13. Karl Pedder

While I was aware of ingame shots of Mechari with rifles I discounted it both due to the whole robots=no magic (which to be fair is not something that has ever been confirmed as a thing by Carbine) and that there would be 3 "magic" themed and 3 "tech" themed classes (also not confirmed as being a thing). I was attempting to not allow my personel desire to play a Mechari Engineer have too much impact.

However some potential good news for you if we want to factor in game footage/screenshots. While I can't recall seeing any shots of Mordesh with rifles, there is some early gameplay footage of what appeared to be a Aurin Male with a rifle on his back. This was actual footage where the toon was clearly under player control and so wasn't just an NPC.