1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot !!

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Konoko, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

Kind of a fun little game that I snagged through steam. It's in beta so free to play. I paid the 15 bucks for the Runaway class shown in this video.

Very simple game where you build your own castle and basically raid your neighbor's castles for FAT LEWT! Each person tries to make their castle difficult to raid.

Pros:
    • Great Music
    • Great humor
    • Great setting and characters (Gives you that old school Dirk the Daring feel from Dragon's Lair)
    • Funny character dialogue. At one point during combat she says "You get an ass kicking and you get an ass kicking and EVERYBODY get's an ass kicking!"
    Cons:
    • Not really sure yet played it a total of about 5 minutes before this post I'll update as I know more.
  2. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

Update when you know more! I've had this since Alpha but never played it haha
  3. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

I've been playing it since I read this post a week or so ago.

It's a fairly fun diversion, I've been playing through as a wizard dude. The "attack" mode of the game is great. It feels a lot like playing the first diablo game, very simple but still fun.

My biggest con so far is that it seems like the only way to make your castle good is to use really cheap tricks. No amount of monsters will kill a player. But things like mandatory springboards into a dead-end filled up with bomb traps works in a jiffy. They managed to survive the first one? Crazy. Just put another one in immediately after it. Then spend a good half-hour getting lucky enough to beat your own castle so that you can post it and whala, you win.
  4. Konoko

This is very true. The springboard into bomb traps is the only method I've seen that does gaurentee a lot of wins on defense.
  5. Konoko

I stopped playing ecause of what PalsyPlate stated for castle defense. The mechanics of the game, right now, are flawed. The AI on he mobs are not really good enough to create more complex defenses. In regards to offense it's becomes a bit too monotonous. It basically gets boring pretty quickly.

It's a shame because the voice acting is superb. The artwork really has a nice style to it and the combat animations are beautiful. A lot of things to like about the game but unfortunately the the most important aspects (re-playability, longevity, skill evolution) are sadly lacking.