1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Mordesh are they dieing still?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Darkhors3, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Darkhors3

Darkhors3 Cupcake

ok i've read the race description that they managed to cure the psychological symptoms of the disease but not cure it.. so there flesh and bodies are still rotting and being eaten off there bodies still??

Why or how can we have a race in WS lore thats basically living on borrowed time??

Is there something stopping their flesh from eaten the rest of their bodies, they have fleshless limbs/torso incased in a blue liquid showing organs and bones...
  2. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Exactly, that's what they do. They just keep making new body parts for themselves. Which is the limbs/torsos incased in blue liquid showing organs and bones. Which I think is probably coolest idea for a zombie ever...
  3. Darkhors3

Darkhors3 Cupcake

Yeah but you only the wrist or lower torso incased in blue liquid?? why not like the whole arm?? and the bodie parts that are flesh (hands, feet, etc) are they there originals or clones or harvested from others beings???

They are still cursed with the rotting disease how fast is it does it spread.. and the dominion concern on it jumping to other species is totally jusified.. but they should of sent humanitarian aid and medics to help.
  4. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Possibly when applying the arm to their skin it stops the disease? The organs might be ones that they possibly harvested or even made. The speed that the disease spreads is unknown (as all of the other stuff I just said is as well) we'll just have to figure out that in the future.

Humanitarian aid? Medics? PFFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA you do understand that this is Dominion we're talking about, right?
    Xlugon Pyro, Skippy and Chim like this.
  5. Darkhors3

Darkhors3 Cupcake

Yeah I know but this was a race that was about to join the dominion.. odd how they wouldnt try and save them knowing how valueble their knowledge is...
  6. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Well I guess the Dominion thought that the whole race was lost when they got infected by the Contagion. Think of it like this: A Cassian(The Dominion) was about to eat(let The Mordesh join) his dinner(The Mordesh) until a fly(the Contagion) landed on it and the Cassian thought it was spoiled and threw it away. Really the Dominion just sees it's races as a means to an end. But Lazarin, with little sanity left, made the Vitalus Serum that stored away the psychotic flesh eating part of the disease. Then the Exiles come along and help the Mordesh, Mordesh see the Exiles are the far more better choice, and the Mordesh join the Exiles.
  7. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Everything's in a state of "dying"..
  8. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I wonder how the Mordesh view Lazarin is he there saviour or there damnation, according to the Dev's all the Mordesh are survivors of the Contagion from 80 years ago and they cant reproduce but those we have seen dont look like there 80 years + so im thinking the Everlife Elixir was a success apart from the little brain eating insanity and necrosis thing but then Lazarin fixed the brain eating madness aswell so yea there brilliant and sure once the Exiles take over all of Nexus I have no doubt the Mordesh will find a way to stabilize the Everlife Elixir and regain there former glory as one of the most advanced and beautiful races of the galaxy
    Skippy likes this.
  9. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Let's put it slightly differently and far more accurately.

There is a zombie plague in Washington DC. It quickly spreads to engulf Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and both Virginias. The US government sets up a quarantine of those states based on a recommendation from the CDC to keep the zombie virus from spreading beyond that point. Walls are erected and the borders are secured with troops. The coast is secured by ships which turn back or sink any vessel that originates from the infected regions. Some European nations get together and start pulling people out of DC, breaking the quarantine.

Some of the zombies that were recovered can think and live like normal people so long as they get their injections on a daily basis and have their bodies repaired. However they still have the zombie virus and may spread it, again, if they miss an injection.

-Rachel-
  10. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Agree with Steam. It has been stated that there will be ravaging Mordesh who missed on out their injections!

They use their knowledge of alchemy and that stasis chamber (sarcophagus/coffin) to maintain their appearance and physical stability.
  11. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

I think I recall someone saying in an interview that the fluid inside the Mordesh is the vitalus serum. So maybe they need it consistently to stop their organs and other body parts from rotting.
  12. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

a zombie by definition is something that is dead but comes back to life ... if they are diseased and are slowly decomposing while still alive how can they be counted as zombies? if anything they are probably the corrupt but not actual zombies ... this is my biggest problem with them
  13. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

The Infected from Left4Dead are also not technically dead, but everyone refers to them as zombies. While I myself am also a stickler for the technicalities and call Mordesh "cyborgs," most everyone will refer to them as "zombies" or "technozombies" because of their appearance.

Perception oftentimes trumps reality, I'm afraid.
  14. Symphus

Symphus New Cupcake

Love the zombie talk
  15. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I think I may make it a thing to point out that my Mordesh is not a zombie and just has man flu....
  16. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

even left4dead the official description is "zombie like state" .... you might as well say that anyone thats on thier phone 24/7 is also in the same state and should be instantly disposed off by destroying the head ....

silly people!

not you .... but everyone else
  17. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Everyone knows this brah. But they have been called space zombies soooooo many times that it kind of just stuck. Heck, it even says it in their description on the official site.
  18. Sqwarsh

Sqwarsh New Cupcake

They may not technically be zombies, but I don't think it really makes much of a difference once you get to the psychotic, decaying, disease ridden, contagious, humanoid creatures trying to eat you part.
  19. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Infected by a serum which slows brain functions, reduces awareness of pain/damage to the body, rots the body, and causes the infected to become cannibalistic. The fastest way to put one down? Destroy the brain.

That meets enough of the criteria that I don't think calling them zombies is a misnomer. Though the Mordesh are more like cured/reformed zombies, at this point.

-Rachel-
  20. Darkhors3

Darkhors3 Cupcake

Agreed, I think everyone is right a zombie is a dead body but if the Mordesh didn't die they just went mad for a time and got cured but now suffer from the other negative effects of the disease that would mean they are walking bug factories with wrecked bodies..

Out of all the races in the game The Mordesh to me are the only race that's a good guy.. they got no connection to the exiles past, they were going to join the dominion which turned it's back on them in their time of need..

They are only on nexus to find a cure to save themselves, not for greed, fame, destiny, simple madness.

I wonder if this cure will be portrayed as their holy grail??