1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Mordesh are they dieing still?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Darkhors3, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I think what the Mordesh have is slow working. I can imagine that if they were young they'd be more intact and once they become older, the more they consist out of tubes.
  2. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Let's see...

Cassians: Run an Empire of Conquest that sometimes engages in terrible acts.
    Draken: Violent race of Warriors who fight for Honor and worship their ancestors and animistic spirits.
    Mechari: Synthetic humanoids who serve the will of the Elden, but no longer have the Elden to will them.
    Chua: Vicious psychopathic scientist Mogwai.
    Granok: Murdered ambassadors and started an interstellar war which they continue to this day as mercenaries even after their world surrendered.
    Aurin: Animalistic woodland warriors who involved themselves in a war out of compassion.
    Exiles: Secessionist guerrilla warriors fighting a 300 year long war.
    Mordesh: Alchemists delving into the blackest arts of magic to stave off their mortality.

I think the Aurin have the medal for "Least Evil" race. They're heading to Nexus to rebuild their strength to retake their homeworld. No telling how dark the Mordesh are getting into that ol' forbidden alchemy, after all.

-Rachel-
  3. Darkhors3

Darkhors3 Cupcake

OK I see your point I forgot they did explore a form of alchemy which was forbidden..

But why is going after the immortality elixir of everlasting life etc such a taboo? there are many people in stories tried to obtain this and aren't considered bad or evil. Unless we go down the path of Human sacrifice's and Human Transmuting (anyone seen Full Metal Alchemist Anime knows what i'm talking about.)

Some might consider the Mechari a forbidden science they are Robots with AI's and I bet they don't have Asimovs 3 laws but we are OK with super powerfully near immortal robots.

I guess if we know about the Mordesh lore we can form a better picture of them etc.

-Ben-
  4. Steampunkette

Oh! No. the immortality isn't the thing that people are nervous about. The Mordesh ARE immortal. The serum already did it's work on them. The side effects are what the Vitalus Elixir is meant to stop. The brain-fail, flesh-rotting, cannibal hunger are side effects of their immortality.

They haven't found a way, however, to make the Vitalus permanent. They've got to keep re-injecting or hanging out in sarcophagi in order to survive, currently. The dark alchemy and magic/science research are about finding alternatives. A way to cure themselves of the side effects, permanently.

-Rachel-
    Trigger likes this.
  5. Darkhors3

Darkhors3 Cupcake

AHhhh I see now that would make people nervous.. I can image when you get caught by a Mordesh you could say "Please don't eat me!" Think that will bring some humour to the game :p

I wonder how their personalities are we going to see "Undead Forsaken wow freaks that just hate to hate "the Living!" or we doing see a cool calm intelligent race of people with a few qwerks???

-Ben- Love your signature btw Rachel
  6. Steampunkette

The Forsaken don't HATE the living. They're terrified of them. The Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, and Goblins all have their homes in Kalimdor. The Forsaken and the Blood Elves are the ones on the Eastern Kingdoms. The Blood Elves live in the northern end of the EK, on the northern edge of the Plaguelands. The Forsaken, though? They're completely cut off and surrounded on all sides. The Worgen of Gilneas are very close. The Scarlet Crusade stands on their doorstep. And with both Stormwind and Ironforge close at hand, they are beset on all sides by enemies. Including the Scourge of the Plaguelands.

It's less a matter of hatred, and more one of pragmatic defensiveness.

And glad you like the siggy. :)

-Rachel-
  7. Darkhors3

Darkhors3 Cupcake

I always thought it was a hate issue with there end game to turn everyone into undead.. I think they did this to the Worgen guys when they invaded there home city..

I hope the Mordesh have interesting personality and voices.. I hope they aren't all dark and emo...

Want to make a Arch Magos character from Warhammer 40k lore lots of cybernetics and machines..

I wonder if the start of the game for a Mordesh is your crazied and get rescued..
  8. Steampunkette

They don't really have an end game beyond "Survival". The Gilnean Offensive was ordered and orchestrated by Garrosh, which is something you learn by playing the new low-level Forsaken storyline (level 7-20ish). The humans of the Silverpine Forest who fought back were, sometimes, raised by Val'Kyr, if their body was mostly intact. But by the end of the Forsaken Questline the last of the Val'Kyr dies, leaving the Forsaken with no way to make more of themselves.

Basically the Forsaken are a doomed species. They can't reproduce. They're used as fodder on the front-lines of the Horde's armies. And Garrosh actively despises them. You kind of get a BIT of that in the Dragonblight of Northrend when the Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, and Blood Elves all get shipped out to the Borean Tundra offensive. But only the Forsaken arrive on the Howling Fjord. It's a two-pronged attack designed to spread thin the Alliance forces, but it's secondary goal is to destroy the Forsaken en-masse as an unsupported force far from any supply lines or reinforcement.

The Forsaken who attack both sides at Angrammar? They're a splinter faction that try to take over the Undercity of Lordaeron under the guidance of a Demon Lord. In the Northrend Expansion there was a Siege of the Undercity Instance where you stopped their plans. It's sad that they phased it out...

-Rachel-
    Darkhors3 likes this.
  9. Steampunkette

For the Mordesh, I'm expecting a generic Exiles starting area, to be honest. I think the devs who are working on this game understand the social and gameplay limitations spreading the playerbase out creates. One of those "Learn from the Mistakes of those before you" situations, Y'know?

That said, I agree in the hope that they're not a depressing emo-tastic race.

-Rachel-
  10. Darkhors3

Darkhors3 Cupcake

Yes lets hope its not all dark n emo.. i hope they also have humour in there npcs..
  11. Trigger

Trigger Cupcake

Think of it like modern day medicines. We have a few different types of medicines:

1. The kind that permanently cure you.
    2. The kind that cure you as long as you keep taking medicine.
    3. The kind that slows the progression of a disease and helps reduce symptoms, but doesn't eliminate them completely.

I'm willing to bet Mordesh is at number 3.
    Darkhors3 likes this.