1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The NeXus - Pirate Network (Roleplay Publication)

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by fornax, May 6, 2013.

1. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

[​IMG]
    ‘You cannot stop the signal, it travels through the void,it goes
    everywhere and we are everywhere.The NeXus is avoice for all the sentient's,
    Exile or Dominion – Sane or Psychopath.‘
    ~ Juno Durran

Mission Statement

About us
    The NeXus is a Wildstar Online RP Community Newspaper. We here to support all Wildstar fans and the Wildstar Roleplay Community. We have a small team of writers dedicated to bring you guides, stories and journals.
    Please do check out The NeXus front page site on WordPress and the Herald Project Forums to discover the games we support.

Fan Fiction
    We want to publish your work. If you have a story, journal, guide or you want advertise your guild please get in touch. You can contact me via pirate message here or head over to The NeXus Sub-forum and see your work published*! Please do read the submission guide lines here.
    You always get full credit for everything you write and are free to share the edition anywhere you like.

The NeXus is for fans, by fans; and is a community non profit project.

*The Golden Rules
    There are three requirement for publication:

The content is related to Wildstar, Carbine or NcSoft.
    The content is work safe.
    The NeXus is NEVER monetised.
  2. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

3. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

4. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

5. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

7. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

8. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

9. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

10. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

Herald Project Meeting -

Everyone is welcome, please email thenexuspiratenetwork@gmail.com, or drop me a PM, if you need the teamspeak3 info.

Sunday May 12th at 7pm GMT +1 hour on Teamspeak3.
    If you do not want to talk there is text channels on TS for you to use.

This is an open forum for everyone to air their ideas, comments and suggestions, and also bring to light any issues there may be.

Hope to see you there
    Fornax
  11. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

12. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

[​IMG]

As always please check out our front page here. Thanks and enjoy :inlove:
  13. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

Qizzer's Concoctions – A Stumbling Guide to the Drinks of Nexus

Please click to open and read.​

[​IMG]
  14. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

"The Speech"
    By Shibousha

"I'm sorry, but I don’t want to be a leader. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - those with faith , faithless - Draken - Cassian. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost....

Space flight and the holograms have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men - cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the galaxy - millions of despairing men, women, and little children - victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people..........
    Click to open and read the full article.
    [​IMG]
  15. fornax

fornax New Cupcake

Weekly Community Spotlight:
    ruff_ethereal

In our first Weekly Community Spotlight we interview ruff_ethereal, a roleplayer from the WSRP site.

Q: How did you come to know about Wildstar?

A: The Escapist. I was lazily browsing through the videos when I saw Kit Brinny's boobs in the preview image, up in the corner. I clicked it, played the video, and was hooked.

Q: What brought you to the role-play community as a whole?

A: I managed to find either Pat or Ender's signatures in Wildstar-Central advertising Wildstar RolePlay. As I was in a writing funk, I decided: why not? I'm addicted to making characters, and I only ever post things when in their first draft, my inspiration and motivation works like a fireworks rocket (fast, explosive, but short-lived) and even then, when there is an immediate response from someone else, so roleplay seemed like the way to go.

Then I found myself in chat. That place is addicting, and there is no escape. Not that I mind!

Q: If you could choose one thing to improve in the Wildstar community what would it be and why?

A: I wouldn't really change anything as is, as the community is a giant bundle of awesomeness, love and hugs to be shared with everyone.

What I would like to change, but will never happen unless something miraculous comes down from above sometime soon, is the people who whine and complain about WildStar not being out yet, most especially the unintentionally amusing Anons of 4chan who keep proclaiming "ded thread, ded game."

Personally, I believe Carbine just didn't expect people to latch onto the game so soon, much like how EA never realised just how fast players can power-level to cap.

The people who complain about WildStar Wednesday irk me the most. Most other Devs are so tight-lipped and even up to total silence, and I find their posts (outside of Econ, Technical Stuff, and PvP) interesting.

That they listen to us, relate to us, talk to us, and are very honest to us, is a VERY big bonus..........

Please click to open and read the full interview.
    [​IMG]
  16. Shibousha

Shibousha New Cupcake

Community Spotlight: Patrician
    By Shibousha​

Today we interview Patrician, an Admin and Founder of the Wildstar Roleplay Community Site.

1Q: How did you come to know about Wildstar?

A: Ender had brought my attention to WildStar years ago when it was announced, but I hadn't really checked it out. She kept a close eye on it, waiting until I would "come around" and notice how great it was probably. Then, around this past Christmas I noticed the Protostar Housing video and was instantly hooked.

I dived in to every past blog on their old website and then plunged head first into the community after that.

2Q: What brought you to the role-play community as a whole?

A: I've been a roleplayer for over a decade now, possibly more if you consider I also act as a hobby (and perhaps one day will do so as a profession, who knows?) When we read about WildStar, Ender and I wanted to join up with the Roleplay community right away. When we found out the current site was abandoned, we contacted the creator asking to help out. When no answer came, we decided to create WSRP.

I just thought WildStar needed an active RP community site so once we also found Renaise was interested in the same thing, we joined forces with him as well! Honestly I couldn't be happier with how things turned out, and really adore this community right now.

3Q: What is your fondest memory of roleplaying?

A: I think my fondest memory is meeting Ender. One day we were chatting on the forums of Aion. The next our characters were interacting. Then we were hanging out together OOC all the time. Then we decided to meet! And now I am one of the happiest men alive...

Please click to open and read this Community Spotlight edition of The NeXus

[​IMG]
  17. Shibousha

Shibousha New Cupcake

The NeXus Community Spotlight
    Shadowedsin

By Shibousha

This week we interview Shadowsin, the Founder and Leader of the Blacksky Community. An RP community set up for Wildstar and openly supports the WS meta RP Community!

A: I learned about it via game play videos from GamesCon 2011, and then trying it at PAX Prime 2011. The game itself seemed kind of interesting and it was not until I spent two hours speaking to Mike Donatelli that it really drew my interest. Over the past two years since that summer I've watched WildStar on and off and it was not until this last year that I decided I was going to fully jump into it

A: I started Roleplay back on Gaia Online in 2004, and throughout my time I've bounced from various sites and games. My first MMO RP experience was on Guild Wars 1. I really got into it because it was a form of interaction, callaborative storytelling that was an extension of the games I use to create during recess at school. I was inventing game worlds since I was ten, why not keep doing it or keep doing it as I grew up right? Ever since then I've been using Rp as a means to hone my writing and explore new stories :3

A:I don't have one exact fondest moment, but one I can cite is when I met my primary RP friend Zin, my winged character dropped hers off a cliff. Other than that I've had a lot of fun Roleplay with members of the BlackSky and so far I think one of my favorite scenes has been seeing my character switch places with an explosion. Or watching a gunslinger taking on a military grade hover chopper!

Please click the image to open and read the new edition.
    [​IMG]
    fornax likes this.
  18. Shibousha

Shibousha New Cupcake

Community Spotlight: Johne ''The Scowling Cassian''
    by Shibousha

A: My partner showed me the Blur video when it released and while it looked interesting at the time, I dismissed it in part due to the art style and in part because I was still clinging to a failing guild in my current MMO at the time and didn't want to look elsewhere. Later on I watched the “Meet the Dominion” WildStar flick with a much more open mind and fell in love instantly.

A: I have been a storyteller since I could read and write and have always enjoyed roleplaying in pen and paper RPGs. Gaia online was actually my very first online roleplaying experience in their forums while World of Warcraft was where I really joined the role-play community. I love the chaotic creative genius that stems from interacting with others and the amazing stories that result.

A: My fondest memories have been when I have been leveling together with my close friends. The impromptu roleplay is just amazing. From moments of pure hilarity to spur of the moment deep conversations, these times have been some of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had...

[​IMG]
    fornax likes this.