1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Overpowered class

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by selodaoc, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Gamerz

Gamerz Cupcake

Hi Furor,

I'm happy to not go back and destruct Dirty Outlaws viewpoint further. He states I changed a post which I haven't. (Edit:I did take out the cool story bro about the warrior and the spellslinger as I felt it was imflammatory.) I took it off straight away but I stand by the comment that he is a stealth focused player. It would also help if he didn't say the comments below.

With regards to your point above we are on the same page. The basic premise of the comment "to be competitive" is that the vast majority of players will roll the flavour they most like and are familiar with. If so they should generally be feel like they are competitive or have a chance.

Designing low mitigation classes to from the outset be a easy beat for another class just doesn't seem smart.
  2. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I do think balance needs to be define and still in that definition I do not change my stance.

I think classes should be balance for high level play never said it should be inaccessible for lower level play. Again what percentages of what is semantics but I think classes should easy to pick up but hard to master and balancing for lower skilled players takes away some complexity a class could have.

And gamerz nice backpeddling on the cool story " I didnt write it you did. Ie: cool story."

Also nice cheap shot with my quote on old wow rogues yeah I like playing stealth classes doesn't mean I do not play other classes or have an objective opinion on the matter 1v1 balance is hard period. Terra doesn't have stealth classes but still has balance problems. Without stealth would balance make it easier I doubt it at least for a 1 to 1 combat.
  3. Gamerz

Gamerz Cupcake

Dirty

I went back and read my posts and forgot I wrote "cool story..." because I took it out 2 mins after posting as I thought it was imflammatory. I then realised a couple of posts above went and edited my post to say yes I did put it in there. Its not backpedalling. Frankly I stand by the comment. It is entirely correct.

You say cheap shot. The FACT and let me say FACT is that you feel into the trap of disagreeing with someone on a forum without reading what their premise was and have found yourself looking stupid.

Its not a cheap shot its you writing it yourself. All I did was copy and paste.

You sir are a fool

(Edit: I stand by that comment because I asked you politely 3 times to go back and read my posts and you wouldn't)
  4. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

I still think we're going to see a bajillion more QQs about spellslingers in PvP than stalkers.

Kiting + range + stuns + snares + big damage from range = ocean of tears, I'm telling you...
    Etan likes this.
  5. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Gamerz I feel like a fool for arguing with you in the first place should of known it was akin to hitting a wall

Your first post was a subjective argument in the first place

And hasn't changed much from there but whatever you want pin me as some fool sure it was foolish to argue reason with a person in the internet.

Here is the arguement from which I stated and again a stealth class is made to attack in secret and without that the class is <REDACTED>, if you had your way the class would have to be resigned.
    And I further said balancing should done in high level play sorry random pug bgs don't cut it said it before say random bgs shouldn't be the benchmark for balance and high level group content (we can argue this point back in forth and won't get anywhere but this is what I responded and been saying)

here is something we could agree upon games should force players into group play. But I see no reason to remove stealth classes either. Again barely bring up this point as the point you want to make is stealth classes shouldn't exist. You talk that it should I say objectively I see no reason in your arguments for that I can agree with and said I disagree.

The rest is pretty much emotion stuff like the lrn2play issues and people not liking the class for superfluous reasons which isn't good enough and don't give me that it will help boost subs Terra still went f2p and it had no stealth classes. Its the reason I keep repeating about actual balance and what people are saying about it.

Or stealth is no skill blah blah all subjective stuff I hear over and over again. You keep saying look back at the posts and I see nothing that is compelling to agreement other than people hate the class for irrational reasons. And for the group play issue which was barely talked about.

I don't know what back post you are saying that made you sound reasonable in the first place.

Whatever rebuttal you want to do I don't care bring up more posts whatever you gotta do to state you are right.

So have a good one friend. I'm backing off now. Keep spouting that rhetoric.

Edit
    One last thing the quote you used against me just now was about why I liked the class the control aspect we did have a side discussion about that. Why people would like a stealth class

but like I said before the edit I'm done here. I won't be responding anymore. So do whatever you want.
  6. selodaoc

selodaoc Cupcake-About-Town

Most likely. Unless there is a class that could, lets say, sneak up on them and kill them if they're uncareful and gets seperated from their group...as a light armor class
  7. Gamerz

Gamerz Cupcake

Poor Sel what would you without the crutch. Poor Sel it sad how much you need to know their is one class you can beat.

Poor Sel :)
  8. Thordran

Thordran Cupcake-About-Town

I always thought the answer to the question of what is the overpowered class was always "the class that just killed me in PvP"

"Rock is overpowered, please nerf."
    -Scissors-

:)
    Zilong likes this.
  9. Destian

And that's gonna stop every other class in the game from complaining how, exactly?

WoW's rogues were hugely countered by plate wearers and hunters. Did that stop the QQ about rogues?

Mages are, were and forever will be complained about in WoW, way ahead of rogues, despite the fact that rogues counter them.
  10. selodaoc

Thats exactly my point, classes are strong against some and weak against some, good in some situations and bad in some situations.
    You cant just remove all classmechanics and make everyone equal dps, that just makes the classes bland and boring.

Let me guess, WoW was your first mmorpg? or runescape...

Read my second post to see i play mages, rogues and tanks. I just know how to play them and what their strenght/weakness are
  11. Destian

I thought we were talking about how much QQ we'll be seeing?
  12. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

Agree'd

Meaning that no class is OP just that when lower skilled players get owned by a high skilled player who plays any class ( even the so called gimp class of the month ) They auto scream Nerf!
  13. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

lol @ this thread
    Livnthedream and Draxus like this.
  14. selodaoc

The stalker weaknesses were quite evident in the medic stream.
  15. Stich

Stich Cupcake

LOL, smugglers and opertives in the current patch of 2.5 are free kills in pvp if their playing anything other than healer, especialy with the recent cover nerf to both scoundrel and opertive
  16. Etan

Etan Cupcake

I agree with whomever said spellslingers will be the center of QQ. Void Slip is too good. Having atleast one will be mandatory. however the medic live stream showed some mean engineer play that pet pooped on them lol.
  17. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

keyword was, was.
  18. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

I wonder if the Medic had put a Devastator Probe on the Spellslinger would it have carried over to the Void, and if it does would the Medic have been able to detonate it in the Void.
  19. Etan

Etan Cupcake

I saw this same question on the Reddit and thought about it a bit. Void slip upon tier levels removes all debuffs/ccs so its possible it would just cleanse the probe.
  20. Gamerz

Gamerz Cupcake

Hi Sel,

Been away for a while. Came back to this chestnut. I don't understand nor see your point to the above comment. You keep saying that the stealth class should win 1v1 vs all classes and most definitely the "mage class".

I mean nice story about the other classes after specifically writing the beginning rant about stealth classes then backing that up with post after post defending the stealth class. If you want I can paste them all nicely for you.

When I said poor you that you must just have at least one class you can beat (ie your crutch) you say

"Let me guess, WoW was your first mmorpg? or runescape..."

What does than mean? You might as well be saying gibberish like "blue banana monkey" because it has nothing to do with anything.

Don't tell me your entire retort again is LRN2Play after I pulled you up on it previously.

Anyhow I wont be bothering to respond because there is zero originality on behalf of the responders. I stand by my initial post that stealth classes are generally OP when implemented and well deserving of nerfs. History also stands on my side as well stated by your first post.

My other opinion is that they are bad class with little effective counter play that the majority of other classes dislike. That's a opinion that has been backed up by other stealth fans in this exact thread.

Meh good luck with the launch and just keep telling yourself its all about your skill :)

I leave you with your own words regarding the stealth class implementation in SWTOR when commenting back to someone who stated Smugglers were weak.

I mean you seriously couldn't make yourself look more stupid. But then again im sure you will.