1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Purchasing and Pre-Order Mega Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Monkicon, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Monkicon

Monkicon New Cupcake

Is it safe to assume that preorder is digital release? I used to like to get the box in hand etc, but lately I like sitting my fat butt at home and just downloading it off the internet. Now if I can only download my supper as well...and beer...and chips....and dessert.....

Nevermind. Watched Kaeyi's video and that pretty much answered my questions...
  2. Kusiga

Kusiga Cupcake

My only question is if NA will get something similiar to the metal box special edition she said EU is getting.
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Carbine has answered that question on Twitter - the answer is No. Only EU gets the special Steelcase edition
  4. Kusiga

Kusiga Cupcake

Ok thanks, sometimes can't always keep up with all there tweets. Kinda sad tho by this news.
  5. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

I'd be afraid of ordering a physical copy. Seems that an incredibly large number of people who've done that in previous games didn't get their boxes until several days after the game went live. GW2 in particular had hundreds of forum posts crying about having paid for their head start and not getting the game till 4-5 days later.

So much for Amazon and others getting things delivered on time when they don't understand the difference between a "release date" and "head start".
  6. Kusiga

Kusiga Cupcake

Hmm strange, I remember with SWTOR that people who got the collector editions and stuff that they were emailed a code to apply so they could still play the head-start even if the physical copy hadn't arrived yet. Surprised GW2 didn't do something like that but then again maybe due to it being B2P that why they didn't.
  7. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

Now that you mention it, they did, but a lot of people still didn't have their physical copies by the time the code expired (had to input the code in the box to continue playing).
  8. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

So the question becomes if you buy a pre-order, and you are sent an access code, what exactly is the code? Is it the code for the game you would get? Is it only a code that's good for the beta weekends? Is it only good for the headstart?
  9. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

This seems out of the ordinary, I thought if you purchase the physical copy you are also allowed to access and download the digital version any time you want to, so people would just use the code and download from the main website and play away..... so you are saying the access code is temporary, and only good for like 3 days? or is it that the box copy took "weeks" to arrive?
  10. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

The SWTOR preorder and code nonsense was a real mess. They undershipped a lot of collectors editions too for launch day, even though there ended up being too many of them made and still on store shelves months later.
  11. EtherealOmega

EtherealOmega Cupcake-About-Town

I asked them about this on Twitter and they said that boxed copies will still get the early access. So you'll probably get a code on the receipt to enter in for the early access, or if you've already preordered like myself, you'll get an e-mail next Wednesday with your code from whoever you preordered with.
  12. Niobe315

Niobe315 New Cupcake

Where can I watch Kaeyi"s video? I would also like to know if I can just get a digital copy of the game instead of a hard copy. I will be pre-ordering, and would be most happy if I can just download it :)
  13. Hermes

Hermes Cupcake

How will reservations for character and guild names be done? I searched but didn't find anything on this and there is nothing in the FAQ on the official site.
  14. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

There won't be. At least for characters. The character database is not set up in such a way as to allow for reserving name. The devs have said that much on this site.

And I would imagine guilds are in a similar situation.
  15. tyranade

tyranade Cupcake

Searching for Wildstar on Amazon.co.uk gives
    Elder scrolls online as first hit. :O
    Wildstar is way lower in the search results and doesn't even have a picture yet.
  16. MacHaggis

MacHaggis Cupcake

Just tried it. Damn, that's really bad.
    This is something CRB's marketingteam should jump on imo.
    tyranade likes this.
  17. tyranade

tyranade Cupcake

Another peculiar thing is that according to Amazon's rules you can't review a game that hasn't
    been released yet. Yet ESO have several reviews and 5 stars??
  18. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Biased?......it's a shame to see. How much do you think they got paid?
    tyranade likes this.
  19. tyranade

tyranade Cupcake

I bet they got a free copy for every staff member ! :cautious:
  20. grimduck

grimduck New Cupcake

just looked also their prices seem to be higher, then what Game have Wildstar on for. it seems that Amazon haven't got things sorted yet, may change tomorrow, Game didn't have Wildstar on till 4 days ago and you can now buy it already. just any code they send you wont work till tomorrow. also Wildstar doesn't come up on either Green man gaming or Tesco. early day's yet
    tyranade likes this.