1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Purchasing and Pre-Order Mega Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Monkicon, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

Orrrrr make it upgradable. Add in the functionality to add room to your existing domicile instead of *vrooommmcrashpkchewwwww* BULLDOOOOOZE *bzzzzzsawsawsawbangbangbangszzzzzchkt* TADANEWHOUSE that replaces your old one instead of ... renovating as such :)
  2. EtherealOmega

EtherealOmega Cupcake-About-Town

In the beta weekends we got hoverboards at level 10 (for free to try out). Not sure if that was a beta weekend thing or if the real-deal is only available at level 20 (I hope I don't have to wait that long). Keep in mind hoverboards be mucho slower than mounts.
  3. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

It's okay. I have a new aurin screen! It's made of flowers, LSD Caterpillars, and hugs!
  4. Devla_0

Devla_0 New Cupcake

Just curious, its 3/19 and I don't see Wildstar at all on Amazon or Bestbuy. Gamestop has the Standard edition up for pre-order, but not seeing the DDE anywhere yet.
  5. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I assume east coast? I think it goes by west coast time and don't think it's a midnight thing either.
  6. James7504

James7504 New Cupcake

EB games Australia have the Wildstar Digital Deluxe edition for $79.95. Available to pre-order now.
  7. Kasern

Kasern Cupcake

If there is no physical collector's edition I would rather buy a digital copy and avoid ever stepping foot in the hell that is EBgames.
    Badbromance likes this.
  8. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

It might not even go by Pacific, They could technically turn everything on at 9am PDT 3/19 as that is the start of the business day.
    Kataryna likes this.
  9. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Or you can just go through Carbine when its up so they get a bigger chunk of the profit.
  10. Livnthedream

Do it through Carbine so they actually get paid for their work.
    gabers1 and Kataryna like this.
  11. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

I'm pretty sure they get money if you buy the game elsewhere.
  12. Niobe315

Niobe315 New Cupcake

Still don't see anywhere to purchase the digital download of the game. If anyone has a link of where we can go to pre-order the digital download please link it. I would highly appreciate it
  13. Livnthedream

They do, but they lose a ton to the middle men. Not buying direct means Carbine loses out on ~66% of the purchase price, ie they only get $20-25 versus just splitting it between Ncsoft and themselves.
    Kataryna likes this.
  14. Kaeret

Kaeret New Cupcake

You can already divide existing interior into rooms without having to construct a "larger" domicile. Most of my Tier 1 homes have had at least 3-4 rooms, with Tier 2 at nearly twice that. That's what makes the "building block" decor so great. If you mean appearance-wise from the outside, I suppose you could use the same tools to "tack on" an extra bedroom or porch or rear entry laundry room or some such.

While the Tier 2's indeed have more elbow room to work with, I never really felt too claustrophobic or anything in the Tier 1's. They still have quite a bit of wiggle room with some creative planning. In fact I know of a few neighbors that actually preferred the smaller versions, as they felt the bigger ones were "too roomy". XD
  15. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

I'm sure the answer is obvious but why do they do it then?
    Some sort of advertisement which sells a ton more copies?
  16. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

Sometimes I wonder if you're being serious. You really think a site like Amazon gets 1/3 of the sale price? It's more like 10-15%.

And to address the OP: https://support.wildstar-online.com/entries/44073416-Pre-order-FAQ

It goes on sale 8am pacific.
    Fishsticks, Vusion and Devla_0 like this.
  17. Livnthedream

It depends a great deal on the contract itself, but the fewer other people involved the greater Carbines share is. Even if it is only 10-15% (which generally speaking its not, 10-15% is there profit on the transaction, not their revenue since they have additional costs too, like transportation that is budgeted per item) NcSoft gets a significant cut, etc. Simply put, if you want Carbine to get as much as possible you buy digital directly through them, anything else sees the amount of money generated for them passed around to others.
    Kataryna likes this.
  18. Devla_0

Devla_0 New Cupcake

Thank You!!! Thats all I needed to know.
  19. Blue Tunic Man

Blue Tunic Man Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, that does seem pretty off... Pretty much, if that's really the case then someone else needs to be negotiating these things.
    Fishsticks likes this.
  20. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Was available at 8am GMT from Amazon/Game (UK) when I checked this morning. Can't activate the keys yet but not like there's a huge rush.

As to buying direct from Carbine I haven't seen any link other than those to the retailers unlike many past games that had a direct sale link on the website otherwise I'd have waited and taken that route.