1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Purchasing and Pre-Order Mega Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Monkicon, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Viikkis

Viikkis New Cupcake

Yes email confirms that I got the deluxe version. Just got me confused when I saw that my game type is standard on game account details page but I quess it's cool then.
  2. grimduck

grimduck New Cupcake

I take this may happen closer to launch, I am unsure myself if the EU servers are even up and running because i can either set region as EU ( Press ) or North America yesterday i the options EU ( press ) Asia ( press ) and stress test for regions .
  3. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Giving large numbers of pre-orders in a short amount of time after the window opens it's not really too surprising if things are slow either. Even from Amazon, it took about an hour and a half to receive mine. Patience. Even though it's difficult.
  4. Wren

Wren New Cupcake

I had this as well even though it said collector's or deluxe edition everywhere else, my guess is that particular line is referring to the subscription and not the game edition. So standard subscription vs. game card time maybe? maybe?
    If that's not the case I figure I have enough evidence elsewhere where it says collector's edition I can always contact support later :)
  5. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

who are you guys talking about?
    it's me isnt it?
    /sulk
  6. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

7. Thrumdi

Thrumdi New Cupcake

I wanted to gift a copy of the WS DE purchased on Amazon.com, and wondered if this was possible.

I know with games that have steam keys, you can purchase them on Amazon.com, then your friend can redeem the key on Steam.

Does anyone know if this is possible if the WS DE is purchased on Amazon.com? Is there a key that can be redeemed on the WS website, or can you gift Amazon.com digital downloads in other ways?
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Just buy the package online and let them ship it off to his place?
    Or buy it yourself and plain and simple ''hand it over'' to him/her? Give it a nice ribbon, some chocolates and who knows....:inlove:

As of now I don't see any keys, as you describe.
  9. Karnaj

Karnaj New Cupcake

Pre-ordered via GameStop and have still only gotten a confirmation of the order. No second E-mail. This purchase was done as soon as I got home from work 7 hours ago. Went to bed, woke up, checked e-mail and still nothing. I'm starting to get a little nervous.
  10. Omerta

Omerta New Cupcake

I assumed it would be the headstart. I am curious to see how this unfolds.
  11. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

I ordered mine at 10:11 CDT this morning. Everything went through smoothly right away. I may have just gotten lucky. I expected the system to get bogged down today.
  12. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

I'm curious what changed from last August, when the changes to the database setup required to make name reservations possible wasn't worth the effort. It's not like it's something they're charging for. I can't even imagine that no name reservations would be a deal breaker for more than the tiniest of minority of people. Yet someone or multiple someones had to do the work to the back end to make it happen.

I'd love to see a cost/benefit for that one, though I know it'll never happen.
  13. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

14. Sydero

Sydero New Cupcake

So I am having a completely different problem: I received all my emails, account was updated properly and all is good... except I live in the US and all my emails/confirmations are in EU format, even referencing GBP for prices, even though it wasn't that way while purchasing. My husband's account is in EN format (I did the purchasing for both with the same card, computer and browser.) So I have a tic in to support to make sure I didn't somehow end up with the EU version :oops:
  15. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

Did you order directly from the NcSoft website?

I ask because I have seen reports of this very thing today with a company offering a discount- GMG. Not a complete surprise as their HQ is out of London and they deal with over 150 countries.

If you purchased the game from someone other than NcSoft, I would contact the place you purchased from to verify what region was ordered/purchased.
  16. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

I want to preorder the NA deluxe edition but I'm in Europe.

When I try to go to the North American preorder site, I get a site that shows euros as price and that is identical, straight down to the URL, to the European preorder site (for me), so I'm worried about whether preordering from it would give me an EU copy of the game or a NA copy since there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to tick region or set which version I want.

Even though the Twitter bit.ly links look different, the resultinh URL when I enter the preorder page is the same.

Does anyone know how to confirm what version is being ordered, or how to prevent ordering the wrong copy?
  17. Sydero

Sydero New Cupcake

I haven't seen any way of changing your region and I know their faq specifically says "The region you purchase WildStar in determines which servers you have access to (North America or Europe)." so it sounds like you cannot change it. I usually end up actually purchasing the games for my friend that lives in London to make sure we all end up in the same region.
  18. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

I did not pay attention when placing my order whether I could select/change the region.

I do know that on the Wildstar website it states:

WildStar codes are region-specific. The region you purchase WildStar in determines which servers you have access to (North America or Europe). WildStar does not support cross-region play. To clarify, if you purchase a North American code, you will have access to the North American servers only, regardless of where you are. The same applies to European codes. If you purchase a European code, you will have access to the European servers only, regardless of where you are.
    If you are in a different country than another who you wish to play WildStar with, both of you must purchase the same type of code (North American or European) so that you will have access to the same servers.

Another section under the current preorder page again indicates:

The region you purchase WildStar in determines which servers you have access to (North America or Europe). WildStardoes not support cross-region play.

I do remember a dev explaining that someone could play in a region they did not live in, they would just have to purchase that region. I do not remember the details on how to do this but it almost appears right now that you may be required to purchase the region you reside in and then a second copy of the region you wish to play in?

Hopefully this is not the case and you can purchase just one copy but this I think would need to be clarified with NcSoft/Carbine.
  19. Sydero

Sydero New Cupcake

hmmm... but later it states: "If you are in a different country than another who you wish to play WildStar with, both of you must purchase the same type of code (North American or European) so that you will have access to the same servers."

so it sounds like you can, but there is no clarification as to how
  20. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

It's not clear on the web site, but they addressed this on Twitter. After you pre-order, your account data will be updated (within about 30 minutes they say). Then you must go BACK into your account and click on "activate" under the Wildstar tab. Then you must enter your payment data for how you're going to pay after the 30 free days expire.

Once you've done that, if you go back to account management and click on Wildstar, you'll see that the system has recorded your purchase and turned everything on.

If you don't do all the above, you won't be able to play Friday (or any other time actually).

Same thing for pre-orders from other merchants after you apply your code. Have to get back into the system to activate the account.