1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Purchasing and Pre-Order Mega Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Monkicon, Mar 12, 2014.

1. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

Correct, it is possible that this simply means one of the two will need to make a second purchase.
  2. Sydero

Sydero New Cupcake

I purchased it directly from the NCSoft website. I just assumed (stupid I know :rolleyes: ) that it would default to the region that you are actually in, and now after browsing the page again, I cannot find where you would even change the region. Hopefully I get a response soon, but I'm sure their support people are swamped.
  3. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

It should default to the region of your account. The good thing is, the purchase was made through NcSoft so I have no doubt you will get this corrected.
  4. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

They have answered this on Twitter. After you buy the product for the region you live in, you need to contact Customer Support, which will switch your account to the region you want to play in.
    Wren and Kusiga like this.
  5. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

Thanks BlueDragon.

But there's one thing I still don't quite get.

If I buy the US version that way, I pay 59.99 euros for it.

But the US version of the game costs 75 dollars, which is 53 euros.... I'm guessing they don't exactly reimburse those 7 dollars?

There must be some way I can buy the US version at the US price as intended? I mean, it's unfair enough europeans always have to pay more for games, but to not even get the US region copy for the US region price?
  6. grimduck

grimduck New Cupcake

I may know a way NCSoft started screaming at me last night when i was checking my account i use hola unblocker chrome addon for netflix ( means i can get the USA one ) and NCSoft thought i was trying to log in from the states when my IP is saved as the UK. might work
  7. Groossum

Groossum Cupcake-About-Town

Just got my game from Ncsoft...the little button had the serail and I clicked next. Everything got set nicely.
    One question: If I update the beta (stress test version) will it be ok to play friday or do i need to re download the game client?
  8. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

I just pre ordered from NCSOFT/Carbine. How do I know the serial key / beta key or whatever was applied to my account so that I can get into beta this weekend?

Also where would I find a link to download?

Edit: Nevermind, I clicked on Manage next to Wildstar and found the used serial key. Received my emails saying the key was used, got the invite for beta, the link to download. Sweet.
  9. Noa

Noa Cupcake

If it's anything like Guild Wars 2, they'll do it during the headstart, which I believe is 2-3 days before launch?
  10. fabulousRarity

fabulousRarity New Cupcake

Grimduck is right. You should be able to use a VPN to pre order a NA version.
    However, if you want to do this you need to create a new NCSoft account first (while using the VPN) , make the account look like its an US one during the creation. Only after that you can pre order the NA version through the VPN.
    If you already have an account that is tagged as EU, just buying the NA version would not help, because a NA key works only if your account is NA too.
  11. Zavier

Zavier New Cupcake

Do I have to wait for my code? EST here
  12. BlueDragon18

See this previous thread:

http://wildstar-central.com/index.p...nc-soft-must-activate-your-subscription.8400/

Ahem. Now that all these threads were merged, let's start over.

Wait a while (30 minutes to an hour). Log into your account again. Under "Wildstar" there should be an "activate" option. Follow the instructions there.

In order to actually be officially recorded, you need to subscribe one way or another. I chose credit card. The "transaction" completed showing a charge of $0.00 to my card.

I also ended up with 5 emails from NC Soft after all was finished, essentially confirming each step of the process along with a message that my card would be charged for the first time on July 3.
  13. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Welcome to a new WSC Mega thread - if it's about purchasing or preordering WildStar then it's going to find it's way here. Excuse the occasional confusion when threads get merged in :)
    Zavier likes this.
  14. Enkidu

Enkidu Cupcake-About-Town

Greetings, I am in the process of picking up a few preorders for my friends in a different region, I was wondering do the pre orders on amazon function like other titles that the funds will be charged at release? I am asking since I have yet to receive funds from a few of my friends, and I do not want to charge 10 copies including my own if it will be a hassle to get he refund back since the funds were already take from the account, and will ordering them from Amazon cause at complications for them in the future.

Reason I am asking is because I still would like them to have access to the weekend betas.

My credit card company is not that kind when it comes to charge backs.
  15. Groossum

Groossum Cupcake-About-Town

you will have a 3 days head start to pick your fine name. you should be ok?
  16. Kusiga

Kusiga Cupcake

Directly from amazon's page for the game.

" Customers who order now will receive a product key right away that will give them access to the Beta weekends, pre-order content, and the full game once it is released. Therefore, credit cards will be charged at the time of order."
  17. Enkidu

Enkidu Cupcake-About-Town

Already noticed that when I checked it, posted the question before I got a chance to check amazon. Thanks though.
  18. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

It's a pre-purchase, not a pre-order. The WildStar page really shouldn't list it as a pre-order.
  19. BlueDragon18

No need to download anything. Just update your current client and you'll be ready to go Friday.
  20. Zavier

Zavier New Cupcake

So in an email I got it said itin it "You can find the serial code associated with this purchase in the above listed NC Account." and I don't see it anywhere