1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Purchasing and Pre-Order Mega Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Monkicon, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Kinnabari

Kinnabari New Cupcake

Has anyone actually had any luck buying an overseas version of Wildstar? I'm completely stumped. The site locks you to your region. They advise you to purchase from a third-party retailer, but so far none of those do digital downloads as far as I can find, and none will ship the game overseas. I'm trying to get an EU copy of the game in the states. Wildstar twitter advised: "Buy a copy of the region you're in, then file a ticket and CS will change your region for you." I tried that, but CS just told me, "Nope, can't do that." I'd like to hear from people who've successfully gotten an overseas copy, how they managed it.
  2. Enkidu

Enkidu Cupcake-About-Town

Wait, they say it is a pre order, but it really is a pre purchase, and according to their sales service, you cannot get a refund for it? So if you wish pick up the game and do not enjoy how it plays before release you will be unable to get a refund? Does that seem legit for a game that is not fully release yet?
  3. Groossum

Groossum Cupcake-About-Town

Click the radial button next to the Wildstar edition in your account on NCsoft. Click next after and activate. All will be connected game/account/serial and ready for you to download the client.

It's preorder...giving access to 4 beta session (not to test if you like it) and 3 days head start. Also a few 7 days passes for friends. Check the streams/video if your still not sure. In my case, one stress test and 4 years of following the dev and I gave them my money. I don't preorder lightly anymore. Worst i'll play a month and a few beta...but i'm pretty sure i'll be playing a while (from what I tried).

Thank you. All ready for tomorrow (or today depending when you read this).
    Kataryna likes this.
  4. Enkidu

Enkidu Cupcake-About-Town

Under their ToS they state you can request a refund for Pre-Orders, but under the service for Wildstar, they do not offer the same, because it is a pre-purchase. Streams only get you so far it terms of feel of the game. I enjoy GW2 streams, but when I got the chance to play it via their pre order option I found out it was not the game for me, so I requested a refund.

If they have a clause that you are able to request refunds for pre orders, but then follow up and state that Wildstar is non refundable, what does that make Wildstar? Pre order or Pre purchase?

Also pre orders have always been subject to cancellations, this is nothing new, people cancel pre orders if they do not feel the game is what they thought it would be.
    Pulsefire likes this.
  5. Pulsefire

Pulsefire New Cupcake

As much as I hate to say it, There is a very genuine point here. While I have no doubt ill be playing this game quite a bit I wish they would have allowed hassle free refunds much like ever quest next landmark preorder for those people who really didn't enjoy the game.

It spews confidence in Carbine if Carbine would say okay look people if you don't like our game then you can get a full refund.

I also don't like how their calling it a preorder and treating it as a pre-purchase.

Makes me wonder if NCSOFT is pulling some strings and handing down the orders with how shady they are handling this.
  6. Perigon

Perigon Cupcake

Anybody hear anything at all about the EU steel box edition?
  7. mysteriousnoname

mysteriousnoname New Cupcake

Try as I might, I am not getting ANY response from Carbine about this question, so I suppose I'll try it here. I like getting physical copies of my games, and I want to get the deluxe version. However its only digital through Carbine, and Gamestop isnt offering the deluxe version. Is it at all possible to get a physical copy of the deluxe version, or at the very least can I grab the physical standard and upgrade it?
  8. Billco

Billco Cupcake-About-Town

Their twitter support team was telling everyone to just buy the game in whatever region they lived, and then to open a ticket to get it changed.

However, support were responding to tickets (after 3 days) to say this was not possible and that if I wanted a NA version I had to buy it in NA.

So then I got a friend to buy it for me and email me the serial. However, when I try to apply that code to my account, it won't let me...as I have a EU account apparently.

NCSoft.......rage........still waiting for support to help.
  9. BadCat

BadCat New Cupcake

I live in NA and want to buy a EU copy. I purchased the DD from the site for my region as per the twitter and reddit posts. I then sent a request to CS to have my region changed. I was told that a NA account CANNOT be changed to an EU account. I requested a refund and it was granted. However this apparently closed my Wildstar account (I'm at work so I can't verify if it was my entire NCSoft account for that sign in.)

Now what I have to figure out is:

1) If I mask my IP and create a EU account with NCSoft will that work?

2)If the account is accepted as EU and I try to purchase with a NA based credit card will it be accepted?

3)If the credit card is accepted will I be able to enter the codes sent without masking my IP or do I have to keep hiding it?

Anyone that has successfully purchased, installed and played on an EU account from NA please let me know how it went and any obstacles you've encountered. Thanks in advance.
  10. Billco

Well, I can confirm that it is your entire ncsoft account that gets deleted. Its actually more of a perma-ban, so that email address can never be used to setup another account. Thanks CS.

I too had to go through that ridiculous process to get a refund on the EU key that I bought that couldn't be switched to an NA account.

Currently trying to create a NA account so that I can add the key. From what CS told me, once the account is created I will no longer have to mask my IP. However, masking apparently isn't working as the pre-order page is still showing me in £ and thats the only way I can tell if I'm going to be creating a NA account or another EU account.

Considering they have said all along this wouldn't be a problem, it really is....
    BadCat likes this.
  11. Billco

Oh and with regards to your credit card. If it works the same way as it does for me, they will hammer you as its considered a foreign transaction, but it should go through.

Your best bet is to buy from somewhere that accepts paypal. As they deal with the exchange.

Or, get someone to buy it for you and email you the codes, like I did :)
    BadCat likes this.
  12. Lagruell

Lagruell New Cupcake

BadCat likes this.
  13. Kinnabari

Kinnabari New Cupcake

I wanted to buy an EU copy from North America. Amazon.co.uk was useless but it looks like I successfully bought a copy from amazon.de. At least, it looks like the EU copy, I used the code, and I was able to access the first preorder beta weekend. So hopefully come launch I'll have access to the EU servers (I also went through the whole rigmarole of ordering an NA copy and trying to get it switched, having to get a refund and create an entirely new account with NCSoft, so if there's some snafu after all that, I'll be pretty vexed.
  14. MadBlue

MadBlue Cupcake-About-Town

People who pre-ordered will be able to reserve names 2 weeks before head start. We haven't been given any other details as of yet.

Although, considering a number of servers have just opened up for Pre-Order Beta, and people have already raced to grab names on those new servers, it would be odd if the name reservation system they're setting up required people who pre-ordered to race to grab names again - and, why spend time and effort on creating a "first-come, first served" name reservation system when pre-order players would just be doing the same thing on the first day of head-start without such a system?
  15. Xandor

Xandor New Cupcake

I was highly anticipating this game and the two weekend events I was able to play before pre-order just solidified my excitement more.

Pre-ordered my digital deluxe and can't wait for launch!
  16. HoneyKun

HoneyKun New Cupcake

Oh man, I've been waiting for 2 years for this!! I'm getting my friends hyped too. Question: Does the 3 days head start count towards the 30 days sub? Also, what other items do we get for standard pre-order, I noticed there's a "and more!" text. What is this "more"?
  17. Darkzetta

Darkzetta New Cupcake

im thinking to buy the game from greenmangaming site with a 20% discount coupon... if i buy the digital download they send me the code via email right away?? i dont know how this works ty!
  18. aikatears

aikatears New Cupcake

yes they will i got the game from green man gaming and got everything setup
  19. Revoltech

Revoltech Cupcake

If I pre-order the Deluxe Edition at Gamestop, will I still get the 3 day head start?
  20. gerrydoll4r

gerrydoll4r New Cupcake

hello guys,

Please help me, im confused as to what to do..So i have pre-ordered Wildstar weeks ago and have got into Beta once,

As you all know, when pre-ordering you will not automatically got the CD-KEY for fullgame, instead you will be send a pre-ordering key for access to beta weekend and the fullgame key will be send later on (i don't know when)

so here's my question, when i got the FULLGAME key later on, do i have to redeem the key with the same NCSOFT account that i used to redeem the pre-ordered key? or can i make a new NCSOFT account and redeem the full game key there?
    simply put, does the Fullgame key needs to be at the same account as the pre-ordered key?

thanks
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014