1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The race you are most like vs the race you want to play

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Yinello, Apr 22, 2013.

?

The race that resembles me the most is:

1. Human (to avoid confusion, we mean the outsider kind :P)

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. Aurin

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
  3. Granok

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. Cassian

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. Mechari

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  6. Draken

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  7. Chua

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. Redactoids

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I'd make a horrible Aurin. I really don't have much in common with nature. I hate camping, mosquitos love me too much and plants just die in my hands for my green thumb is completely absent. I'm way too used to the luxuries of the city to see myself hanging out in trees or simple campsites. Heck, I'd probably make a terrible Exile in general. If I were ever thrown into Nexus, I'd probably be a Mechari or a Cassian, sipping my wine while feeling guilty that we are oppressing people. Until someone comes along to distract me with shiny loot. I'm a terrible person really.

Nature is always romanticized in games and that's probably why I'm so attracted to it. In a game I don't have to deal with the itchy feeling, weird smell or creepy crawlies. I still get to enjoy the lovely sights and sounds. It's all the good without the bad (minus the nice fresh grass smell... can't have it all!).

Now I know Aurin are pretty popular among those of us who chose the Exiles... but I'm curious, would you be an Aurin if you were given the possibility? And everyone else goes the same question - would you be okay if your friends were ruthless killers? Or backstabbing politicians? What about being a machine with little emotion?
    Eluldor and Fate Flyer like this.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

In normal life i'm kinda a cassian. I hate when people do things in a wrong way and i always try to ''educate'' them about how you should do it. Which can be anoying for alot of people ^_^

I don't care about what others say about me, and i like rules! And i will keep you abide them!

But then again i can be really strange/crazy! So i picked Cassian but i think it's more a mix of Cassian/Chua

And i have no problem with backstabbing/killing, how strange this may sound....in the world of Nexus i would have no problem with it. And about politics....well even in our world it's killing people, so no difference there with the Cassians.
  3. aiuradun

aiuradun Cupcake-About-Town

I resemble Granok the most no doubt!, what race I’m going to play is still undecided :)
  4. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

I like to brag when I accomplish something. I am also a bit elitist. Cassian, for sure.
  5. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Chua! :D

Mad scientist type yeah that is totally me :p
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  6. Slayus

Slayus New Cupcake

I'd have to say that my personality is most like the "Chua" seeing as I am a techie and love science. On the other hand, physically I am more like a Granok as I am 6'2" and have a very broad build lol... I voted "Chua" though seeing as that is the race I will be playing :p
  7. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

At least 3 friends I showed the Meet the Exiles video to commented on the personality similarities between me and the girl in the video.

I don't know if I should take offence or move to the southern states of the US and adopt her accent >.>

But I'll definitely choose an Aurin for my first toon...
  8. Silas Jasar

Silas Jasar Cupcake-About-Town

I'm just a regular old human. I try to take a stand when I feel like I should but I have no problem with running when I need to.
  9. Cowboy

Cowboy Cupcake-About-Town

Pretty much everything about the Granok is me irl. Except, I'm a little softer of course.
  10. Blaquknite

Blaquknite Cupcake

most would agree i resemble a Granok in real life but i want to play the Aurin... I generally like to play the small soft caster types... maybe because im always cast as the big strong guy no1 wants to fight i dont want to be that in my alt reality too... y be myself all the time?
  11. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

What a good thread idea!

I honestly have been thinking about this, and it's odd, as I'm having a really difficult time figuring it out! I'm not sure which race I'm like most. I don't know how well I identify with any of the races. What do you guys think I'd be?

Aurin - I like nature, especially living creatures, but I'm not one for camping (like the OP) or being away from modern amenities for any extended period of time. I'm really big into technology as well, so I wouldn't really enjoy being cut off from it.

Granok - Let's just say I'm the least like these guys. XD I don't enjoy drinking all the time, and I'm not strong or tough or thick-skinned.

Human - The Humans in WildStar are the rebels who fight for a cause and follow their hearts while doing what they believe to be right. I'm not sure about the renegade part, but I am somewhat of an outcast and have been most of my life. I don't know about having beliefs that are strong enough that I'd want to go to war over them though.

Mechari - Well, I can't say I'm very robotic in personality. I'm pretty laid back and calm, but I do have a pretty good sense of humor. I have more than one purpose in life, I'd like to think.

Draken - I'm really not at all like a Draken. I'm not brutal or savage or unruly. I was raised to have manners and to be polite and pleasant. I've also never been hunting, nor would I desire to (as I feel bad enough for the fish just fishing the couple times that I went lol).

Cassian - I'd like to think that I have something like a destiny to fulfill, but don't we all? I don't think I really have that superior sort of attitude that they do though. I love style and fashion and technology though, which are all things the Cassians are known for.

Redacteds - Don't think I'm much like them, from what we can guess of them. :3

So...I'm at a loss! Let's go super dorky old school Digimon here and say I'm like Kari, in that my Crest would be the Crest of Light! I'm not one option more than any other, but instead I am the embodiment of them all...or perhaps none! :laugh:

[​IMG]
    Yinello likes this.
  12. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

For those who've met me at Arkship, I think we can all agree that I'm more like a Granok.
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  13. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

Well I'm big, in some areas. None too bright, more often than I really should be. And enjoy hitting or shooting things far more than would be considered socially acceptable, probably. So I likely fit in with the Granok better than any other race in WildStar.

Yet, at my age I'm starting to have hair growing out of places I'd rather not have it growing out of. Like my ears. Instead of the places I miss it growing out of. Like the top of my head. So in that way I may be most like the redactoid "Chua."

Kind of a toss up at this point.
    Plix likes this.
  14. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

So far I kind of like the aurin background. They tried to help a bunch of refugees. Then their planet was pretty much destroyed and their lives turned upside down for their trouble. In other words, they did the right thing by helping people and were severely punished for it. Which is kind of the way life usually works. I will likely make an aurin, but the main character I play will still probably be a human esper.
  15. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I got the size of a Granok down and I like my beer and a good cigar. When riled I tend to get in your face. Yeah sounds like a Granok
  16. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Does everyone who say they are like a Granok, say this because they drink a bunch of beer and/or smoke? That's a pretty funny comparison and unlike any other game I can think of off the top of my head.

Granok. I'm not big/burly and smoke or drink like I picture they do, so no for me. Thick skinned/tough sure, but appearance and behavior wise nope.

Aurin. I pretty much grew up in the woods and on a computer, so Aurin is a possibility. Had gardens and have grown plants throughout most of my life and all sorts of pets included.

Well I see Mechari as brainwashed servants for a real life comparison, so that is hard to commit myself to haha. Sorry, I really get an Galactic Empire/Nazi vibe or maybe even North Korea and Kim Jung Un vibe with the Mechari. On a positive note, maybe a scientist type or extremely logical thinker.

Draken is pretty much for tribal/native people imo. And although I have a small % of Native blood, I'm not there. Also could be for people prone to aggression, combat, or a competitive nature.

Chua lol all I see are chinchillas, which my sister had years ago. Other than that, they seem to be crazy.

Redactoids can't speak at length here. Wish I knew more.

Cassians, sometimes I feel like an elitist snob on some issues, but I do my best to restrain from pushing that onto others. So nope here.

Exiles, hmm probably some form of this from a process of elimination, without knowing about Redactoids to comment there. Personality and behavior seem best here.

So Exile, Aurin, or Redactoid, although I'd like to play a Mechari for Dominion :D
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  17. Eluldor

Well I voted after I commented, and I see people are choosing Mechari - must be totally different approach to them than I stated :eek: How do people relate to being a mechanical construct without a sense of humor? haha

Unless you're going out on a limb and saying you were created in your god's image/by the gods, with the Eldan being gods :p

Just messin around here.
  18. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I know, that's what I was wondering as well when I saw that! I pretty much viewed the Mechari as logical thinkers without pity who have very specific goals and motives and who execute their plans precisely, not questioning things and only serving their main, ultimate purpose. Therefore, it didn't really make sense to me that people were so easily identifying with the Mechari. Perhaps we have a lot of people in the military...? Or you comment about gods - that could be true too. XD
    Eluldor likes this.
  19. Eluldor

Well...nobody who commented said a reason for Mechari, which means the internet dwellers are watching and may very well take offense at me (and you) and take me out, while I sleep. Oh wait! Mechari could also just be Fanatic Fanboys/girls :D I think that approach fits them well now that I consider it. Very very well, the more I think on the subject haha.

Also, imo more of the US military would go for Granok. Pretty sure some folks here in the military said they're going for Granok as main because of that reason.
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  20. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

I get told a lot that I am pretty silent and don't say much so Mechari fits. Plus I want to play Mechari so I am all good there.