1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The Targeting System - Discussion!

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Billco, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Get in line matey! ;)
  2. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

I have no problems with that whatsoever. If they die, oh dear. I'm not wasting [class resource] on healing people who don't know how to listen, or play. (Not standing in the fire is knowing H2P...) And when it comes to hardcore raiding, I think they are more used to being in the right place, since a lot of raid kills require that anyway.
  3. Billco

Billco Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah and no cuts!
    Harcore raiding sure, thats a different story (sometimes) but i'm talking about not discouraging casual raiding. Heck its hard enough to get a good group of people together as it is, even in guilds unless your lucky enough to get the right group. But you always end up a healer short or a dps short and end up pugging it, and then because that one guy keeps dying you don't have enough dps to beat the enrage timer or etc etc...

I can go on about it all day long :) But as I don't have an actual answer to my own question - I guess i'll wait and see!
  4. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Isn't that the point of a question? If you already know the answer you don't have to ask. :D
  5. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

As someone who tends to favor melee dps over anything else, I kind of hope it is not Tera style FFT. I played beta in Tera for a bit when a friend talked me into it and I got really tired of just swinging my weapon and hitting an AoE on practically everything around me. Sure, melee AoE definitely has its fun but everything just being a sweeping AoE style attack gets boring FAST as there is really no challenge in it.

It may also end up being class specific. The tank types may be very FFT AoE heavy while the healers are more tab target heavy. I have played both roles and I have to say one of my biggest complaints on a tank was all the tab targeting. A more FFT method there would definitely be easier.

If Carbine has come up with a great hybrid of the two, awesome, I cannot wait to try it.
  6. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

I've never been able to enjoy dps classes myself. I've always preferred being either a healer or a tank. So as long as I have decent tools to gain aggro and shed it, I'll probably be happy.
  7. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

@Kirathis
    I'm hoping for a much improved FFT system than in Tera. I enjoyed it for the most part but it has some definite weaknesses.
  8. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

I am all for it if they improve it. From the sound of it and from everything else I have heard and seen about the game so far and Carbine's stance on it, I would expect nothing less from them. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.
  9. Billco

Billco Cupcake-About-Town

lol yeah - but I meant that I'm complaining about a system not working without being able to offer any viable alternatives.

I hate that :)