1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"The Way Of The Stone" and your Granok

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by wizaki21, Aug 21, 2013.

1. wizaki21

wizaki21 New Cupcake

Here's a fun question for those Lore and RPer's out there.

How will the history and origin story of the Granok affect your own stony giant?

Do they feel remorse for being labeled as Stone-Breakers?

Do they feel anger for being exiled?

Are they pining to return to the simpler life?

Will you still follow "The Way of Stone"? As much as this new world allows you to?
    Looking for any and all comments!
  2. Balgoss

Balgoss Cupcake

It sure is going to be hard for those Granok who plan to try and return to the Way of the Stone: They are no longer on the primitive Gnox, they are in the modern world, where advanced technology is all around you!
    My Granok (Whom I shall create after I'm done with Chua and the Dominion) will acknowledge the Way of Stone, but will not follow it.
    After all, the Granoks we are going to play are just the -decendants- of the Stonebreakers. Logically, we wouldn't really know all too much about the Way of Stone. Only from stories!
  3. The Duck

The Duck New Cupcake

My Granok will drink beer, smoke cigars, and swing a big sword, screw that Jordanesque Stonebreaker reference, but I don't win many rp competitions.
    Darkace likes this.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'm not going to roll a Granok, but seeing as how i'm always into the religions/beliefs/ways of the races in games, i'm sure I would be the Granok that tries to live a bit by the ''Way of the Stone'' ;)

Religion in games, are always so interesting. Mostly because there ''really'' is something! (It's a fantasy game).
    Heck if we had the same IRL I would be a hardcore believer :D But we don't have nice ''light effects''.....:cry:
    Hephen likes this.
  5. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I wanna make one name him rockbiter and talk about my hands
  6. wizaki21

wizaki21 New Cupcake

Thanks for the responses! And this one takes the cake!

[​IMG]
  7. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

A true Granok will seek to find his own way to follow The Way of the Stone. While he may use Technology he will take a stance an not waver from it.
  8. GITOUMAFACE

GITOUMAFACE New Cupcake

Actually I believe that the Granoks we are playing are the Stonebreakers, not necessarily their descendants.

http://wildstar-roleplay.com/forum/m/11410152/viewthread/5918368-timeline-wip - So IF this is correct the Exile Granoks were banished from Grox 400+ years before the time the game takes place. This is kinda confirmed on the Wildstar website Granok page.

http://wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_wednesday_the_ravaging_of_arboria.php - It says in this article that Durek Stonebreaker himself leads the attack to save the Aurin on their home planet right when the planet nexus is found.

So if these lore articles are accurate Granoks live 400+ years at least and likely not only know of the way of the stone but lived it.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Just a small note:

He led the mercenaries, not the entire attack. The human leaders led the attack, with the help of the Granok.

Yes, they have lived the way of the Granok. But seeing as how they discarded it to win, I don't think we'll ever see them completely return to the way of the rock.

However, as with almost all ''religions'' or ''ways'' they will most likely make their own ''hybrid way'' in which they still use some of the old costumes from the way of the rock together with the ''new'' obtained technology.

Also what the other person said can still be pretty much true! We don't know if Granoks can get children (I think they can...somehow).
    Being away from your home for 400 years can give birth to quit some ''new'' Granoks, one of these Granoks being YOU!

We don't know anything of how the Granok ages....so we don't know really how old YOU are when you are on the planet Nexus. Neither do we know how Durek now looks like (mayby a senior Granok?).

So both of you CAN be correct! (lorewise as far as we know now)
  10. Darkace

Darkace Cupcake

Im with you all the way on this one. :)

Theres no looking back. Theres a new generation of Granok out there and a new religion which involves drinking beer and kicking Dominion ass.

Im just praying one of the final classes gives my Granok a chance to carry a big gun.
    (or possibly a flamethrower so I can roast Chua)
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Again a big correction lore-wise:

Your butts will be kicked! :sneaky:
    Apostate likes this.
  12. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Fixed your typo Extatica.
  13. Corblock

Corblock New Cupcake

Our Chieftains may have looked disfavorably on our choice to take up technology to continue to slap those Dominion panzies around, but I will accept my home planets shaming if it means I keep it safe, besides who doesn't like roasting a few Chua over an open fire pit while slamming back a cold one
  14. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I feel like this should be in the race section. I dunno... just a hunch maybe.