1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The WildStar Community Pays it Forward, Here!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Aether, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceodoc

Ceodoc Cupcake-About-Town

Dear Carbine,

I would like to present to you my effort to gather a list of names, that the community respects and would love to see in Beta.
    I took some flak early on, which I am grateful to the Mods for alleviating, and despite the naysayers, really think you would have 5 great CB players.
    Firstly an apology, I am a senior officer in Filthy Gorgeous, as I/we carry a bit of rep, I believe my thread derailed a little bit, if a more loved member of the WSC community had made this thread, I dare say the data would be more rounded. Sorry.

Nevertheless, despite some wonky entires :p there was definitely a general consensus of names that kept rising to the top, allied with some of the loving and intelligent comments, I have no hesitation in claiming the list I submit as a worthy choice for a handful of Beta invites, only the most belligerent of posters would disagree, that I found 5 worthy names. :)
    The mods as a collective received quite a few votes, but a couple of mods were singled out specifically.

The thread for your reference:

http://wildstar-central.com/index.p...unity-member-spotlight-was-beta-buddies.4309/
    If you require any pre edited data please feel free to PM me.
    So without further ado, and to save you some time looking through the thread, in the "vote for 5 names" theme I employed:

Innocentcivilian
    Yakzan
    John
    Kataryna
    Extatica

Good luck to the nominees, you deserve it.
    Thank you so much to all the members who voted in a positive manner.
    Peace & Love
    Doc
    vicksen likes this.
  2. Strevz

Strevz New Cupcake

Hey,

Made this small comic strip. Hope you enjoy!:)

toon.png
  3. Watau

Watau Cupcake

hi all,
    you wished to brush aurin's hair after sleep? good, cause she hates it! :)

aurin-spalvinimui2.jpg
    Valdana, zakudo, Kenyar and 13 others like this.
  4. Pixelbat

Pixelbat New Cupcake

My "Pay It Forward" contribution... Two parts: Silly and fun...
    [​IMG]
    This was done on the Kil'Jaeden WoW server.

Actual contribution to raise awareness of the game and get the word out among my WoW server... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8414831608 This was a thread started by me (Aurora) on my WoW realm forums back in March. Since then it's become a frequently used thread for everything Wildstar. Everyone is so excited. We're ready to be unbound by Blizzard's grasp.
  5. Ka1to

Ka1to New Cupcake

I'm not a person of many words, rather a good listener. Especially if its not my native language.
    What is the most boring thing in the world? Yes, waiting on something you really want. You can beat some time if you annoy your friends and everyone around you with wildstar + watching animes^^. But animes end and friends get annoyed.
    So you go after your passion alone and do weird stuff. Like wallpapers which i only use selfmade ones. So this is my weird stuff:

Wallpaper
    [​IMG]
    on request another one
    [​IMG]
    a GIF how i see the devs
    [​IMG]

and for the giggles(i hope so)
    [​IMG]

I also want to nominate the LateNightDominion crew because nobody brings the community better together(hosting the townhall, charity, gaming nights) then these guys while providing an entertaining vodcast.
    Kethrym, Valdana, Str8ac3 and 7 others like this.
  6. Opie Macleod

Opie Macleod New Cupcake

Can I nominate all of BlackSky? :D If not I'd like to nominate ShadowedSin the Guild Leader and Founder for developing a great community and atmosphere. He puts in a lot of work and time into ensuring that the guild is a place of camaraderie. He has given of himself get the word out about WildStar and provide a place that lives up to the excitement and fun that comes with the WildStar game. It is one thing to be excited about an upcoming game; another to be a part of a welcoming community that shares that enthusiasm and anticipation. His logo creation for the guild:
    [​IMG]

I'd also like to nominate Taru Wildspark of the BlackSky Guild. Not only is the BlackSky community a great welcoming atmosphere and voice for the WildStar game - Taru extends that to kind welcomes and even sketches of various characters. She is always willing to listen and has a kind word of advice. And of course, like the rest of us crazed fans, she has done her fair share of spreading the word about WildStar. If that isn't enough - Here is some of HER (awesome) work:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. Fisk

Fisk New Cupcake

Hi,
    since I can't draw or make a music soo I have made wallpaper with my favorite race :) ...I hope you like it. Best luck to everyone!
    w.jpg
  8. Vivaxo

Vivaxo New Cupcake

Updated my submission #51 ^^
  9. VALERUSTHOR

VALERUSTHOR New Cupcake

Let me post my fan story here, it's just an essay of how the story could be. Hope you enjoy it:
    In a new planet the explorer valerusthor glances at the land.
    -How the heck did I got here?
    Valerusthor dropped the starship and noticed a hot Aurin watching closely behind the trees with menacing eyes...
    -What's her problem? Valerusthor thought. Time to get the hell out of this place.
    Valerusthor tried to get up, his spaceship had hit a tree and crashed on a wierd mud...
    -Holly s*** my ship is sinking.
    Before valerusthor could have a second thought the Cassian tired to get behind him.
    -Too slow-he thought has he vanished and stepped to the side.
    -Where the heck did he go? Kalmary tried to figure as she tried to control the fear that took over her.
    -Gotcha! -valersthor appeared right behind her as she struglled to get out of her grip.
    -Let me go!-she screamed in shock.
    -Not until you tell me why the heck you tried to kill me.
    -Like you don't know you Dominion brainwhashed slime.
    -You what?- valerusthor asked lossing the cocky smile.
    -If I didn't tried you would hunt me at the end of nexus!!- She answered with dispise, still strugling unrellentigly to get off the strong grip
    -So that's where I ended up then...
    Kalmary stoped and looked confused
    -What are you saiyng? she asked
    -I just arrived and...
    GRUAGHHHHH!
    An horible scream echoed by the swamp as a giant troll loking humanoid appeared with a angry face.
    -This can't be good... said valerusthor with a smile.- Must got of with the wrong foot this morning...
    -RUN! screamed kalmary. Her face add turned pale and lifeless.
    Before valerusthor could move the giant had spoted them and jumped twards him.
    -LOOK OUT! screamed Kalmary but it has to late, the giant knocked them both to the ground ten metters from where they were standing.
    -Damn! He must be eating a champion breakfast said Valerusthor with a smile. But when he looked to the said Kelsara was lying unconscious whith a wound in her forehead.
    -This is not what I wanted. Said valerusthor lossing the smile.
    The giant got ready to jump again yet something had changed and he has unsure about what was it.
    The giant stared to face of Valerusthor he had lost the smile and semmed serious yet calm. The giant tried to jump but it was too late valerusthor stroked him down with only one stroke and as the giant grasped for air almost dying Valerusthor with a cold lifeless voice said in a whisper.
    -You should't have done that.
    When the beast was enjoiyng painfully his last seconds of life Valerusthor picked Kelmary up and started walking in the deeps of jungle.
    -We have to get you help. Said valerusthor to kelmary when she started waking up.
    -Why are you doind this, I tried to kill you!
    -So have many others none ofthem succeded.
    Kelmary wanted to do more questions but she started to fain, she had never witnesses such a display of power, and she didn't know why this strange man was helping her, has her thoughts rambled through her head she started to feel weeker and weeker.
    -Rest now, no harm will come as you stick with me.
    She didn't know why but she flet safe as she didn't for a long time, and she felt asleep while they rided through the woods...
    And this was the first chapter of a wildstar fan fiction I just started writting XD
    Next chapter if you want just ask, or not up to you
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  10. Calsic

Calsic Cupcake-About-Town

I don't have art or podcasts to offer, but I like to think my contribution to the community is important too. And it's this:

I stay active on this forum, reddit and others; correcting misinformation, answering questions, providing links to official info and just generally trying to get the word out about how great Wildstar is going to be.

It feels weird to be tooting my own horn about something so basic. But I hope that my post encourages others to put their efforts forward for consideration too.
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  11. Dustbrother

Dustbrother Cupcake

I've looked through here a couple of times.. Maybe I'm blind, maybe I don't know how to search properly but I can't find Evion and her faces of Wildstar series so I'll link her Deviant Art page:

http://evion.deviantart.com/art/Faces-of-Wildstar-Kurik-Lein-367500006

Her style is crisp, clean with good use of colour and suits Wildstar so well.

That's my nomination.
    Kethrym, Davey Diablo and Cottonspore like this.
  12. neoxaro

neoxaro New Cupcake

13. Mongelo

Mongelo New Cupcake

I would like to nominate the ones who did
    "Epic Drops", a WildStar Rapstep mix!!

because it was friggin awesome. I heard it like 2 times 2 weeks ago (when it was released) and it has kinda been in my head ever since. :D
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  14. mainy

mainy New Cupcake

I don't think i have ever been so excited for a game to be released as much as i am with this. All my friends talk about is this game so i thought i would make a little recruitment poster for you guys. It my not be the best but i had fun making it :) enjoy. Look forward to meeting everyone in game and being part of this awesome community.

Untitled-2.jpg
    Fifinella likes this.
  15. shane adler

shane adler New Cupcake

To: Citizens of Nexus / WildStarDEVTEAM

I would like to raise awareness to a DIEHARD MMO-player. My brother Brett aka Gines (on almost every game) plays nothing other than MMORPGs for years. He tries to recruit friends and anyone and everyone that he speaks to (about gaming) to join him online. Brett loves the idea of playing games with people online across the interwebz. He is very passionate about it and has been a guild leader on numerous games or at least a valueable asset.. studying the game.. learning the ins and outs as well helping others to achieve success.

Why he was drawn to Wildstar.. from my POV:
    - Graphic style
    - Innovative housing system
    - Something about choosing your way or direction in the game

Anyway we run our family's insurance company that has been around for 25 years or so and our customers are more than just in and out pay and leave customers.. they are more like friends and some even family. They all know his not so dirty little secret of a hobby and he talks to all of them about his progress what hes up to (online) sometimes off .. lol and he probably has gotten over 20 people to play and try out various games and he has a nice little group that play together to this day. On early days of World of Warcraft he even lead a guild called "The Public Insurance Brokers" after our company 'Public Insurance Brokers'

Anyway, on his desk he has TWO business card holders. One of them are normal plain janes. The other is for select customers that would understand with some informationz on the back. He has handwrittern the URL to wildstar to check it out.. (www.wildstar-online.com) as well as #wildstar and a brief message that reads simply "HIGHLY ANTICIPATED - WILDSTAR - Sign up for CLOSED BETA" The majority of his friends dont have the luxury or time of playing mmos due to schooling and or high demand of their careers and to be honest.. I have never been a 'gamer' :(( although he tries to bring me to the darkside on a daily basis. He hopes to recruit a few of our customers that arent already playing other MMOs with him to get hyped for the journey into NEXUS. From the nonstop talk about it, backrounds on his phone, laptop, desktop at home and work of Wild Star I am sure he will be an asset and valuable contribution to the game's community.

Pictures would definitely be coming soon if this helps him to get into the closed beta stage of the game. I am also taking my time to write this at 2:15 am (while I have work in 4 hrs) in hopes that he will focus on work and not the majority of his time peeping screenshots and watching videos..

Anyway his name is Brett Adler, his email is adlerbrett3@gmail.com.

Hopefully this gives him some help.

P.S. He has shown me the amount of tweets he has TWEETED.. to you guys probably about 50 in total sometimes 5 in one day. BEGGING for ACCESS.

GIVE HIM ACCESS -

Sincerely,
    - Concerned brother, Business partner, co-workers and my sanity.

P.P.S
    - I can also say that I am somewhat intrigued by your game and will give it a try if given BETA access and/or when it is released.

Good Luck with the continuation of development and to all the other 'Pay-it-foward' applicants. Thank you!!!

(( PICTURES OF HIS BUSINESS CARDS/COMPUTER BACKROUNDS TO COME!!! ALSO IF HE IS CHOSEN PLEASE TELL HIM THAT HIS OLDER BROTHER TOOK THE TIME OUT TO DO THIS FOR HIM EVEN THOUGH I WANT TO BEAT HIS ASS ON THE REGULAR.. ONCE AGAIN, THANKS YAAAAAAAAAAAAWL ))

[​IMG]
    HIS BACKROUND AT WORK
    [​IMG]
    HIS BUSINESS CARD (FRONT)
    [​IMG]
    HIS BUSINESS CARD (BACK)
    SORRY FOR THE WRONG DIRECTION OF THE IMAGES.. NOT DUE TO LACK OF EFFORT OR CARELESSNESS.. CANT FIGURE IT OUT ON THE IMAGE UPLOADING SERVICE/VERY VERY LATE!!! NOW HAVE WORK IN 3 HOURS. WISH ME LUCK but more to BRETT.. As well as the other dreamers that have entered..

SERIOUSLY and LASTLY -- Wouldnt having more people beta test help to improve the game on a greater scale? I understand the element of surprise as well as what is needed for a successful launch as well as it might take up server space but COMEON DEVS!!! ahaha just kidding im sure you have it handled in a structured manner.. anyway what do I know im just an insurance broker.
    PEACE LOVE..
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  16. tyranade

tyranade Cupcake

I helped my kids dress up as Aurin's -with gorgeous purple ears and a blue eye patch to match when they went to the schools summer fair a few weeks ago. We had lots of attention from the kids, and some aleready new of Wildstar. It's quite a big school with more than 700 students so I think we did our bit as a
    living ad for Wildstar! :D
    This was way before pay it forward was announced though, , not sure if it matters but thought I give it a try anyway :)
  17. Razma

Razma New Cupcake

Hey all,

I'm Razma and as much as I want to post art I made or a video I just haven't has the time and honestly I'm not talented enough compared to most of the posters here to pull anything off. I've done my fair share of groundwork spreading the game around but plenty of people have done that so I wouldn't expect anything for it.

What I wanted to do was nominate my friend Rick (alias - blu). Hes the one who got my into the Wildstar hypefest and really turned me onto the game. He's been going through some serious stuff IRL and beta access would be a huge deal for him. His email is irytnblu@gmail.com.

I realized that there are hundreds of valuable community people here who deserve to be recognized but I wanted to recognize the one guy who got me interested in this game in the first place.

Thanks for running this event and I wish all the people posting in this thread good luck.

-Razma
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  18. Donum Dei

Donum Dei New Cupcake

Long life to the Dominion!

[​IMG]
    Casii, Valdana, zakudo and 13 others like this.
  19. Baldorax

Baldorax New Cupcake

I have been up to date with every patch note. Now i am not a fancy artist or anything so i don't have any ubber cool artwork to sow you guys. I would love to give some awesome artwork but my entry is just to show my dedication to you guys. I am a part of an awesome community and we have been excited for this game more than any we have seen. This game has made me take up a HARD fast... a fast of MMO's till your game is released. Its really hard, i have hallucinated a few times now. You guys are great and keep up the good work.
    Mykol, Watau and Davey Diablo like this.
  20. Watau

Watau Cupcake

oh cmn, i wote for u, only for avatar...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.