1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The WildStar Community Pays it Forward, Here!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Aether, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rv-

Rv- Cupcake

Hi there, here is my submissions :)

My participation is in the form of painting because It's the best way I can do that, i'm not a good writer or anything else, AND I never did a fan art yet (even for world of warcraft or Diablo) so it was a great opporunity for me :p

I hope you will enjoy these :) Aurin_fanart.jpg
    Wildstar_fanart2b.jpg
  2. Galadeon

Galadeon New Cupcake

Lol, yes! ScruffyHealer's Black Rowsdower was awesome. I think @unindel from the GamebreakerTV show should get in (if he is not already).

As for me, I help contribute to the WildStar fan site youreldanoverlords.com (ran by my friend @PackofHighly), and promote you guys all the time on Twitter. Also, I'm currently running different WildStar themed avatars on twitter to spark up conversations with my followers. Would love to help out in the Beta.
  3. Crackker

Crackker New Cupcake

Super excited about the game since I heard about it at PAX East earlier this year. Got a chance to meet some of the developers and express my excitement in person, as well as some of my concerns over MMO's in general. They were receptive and friendly, and even reflected some of my own concerns as their own. I resonate with the sense of humor present in the game and get a kick out of the art. As they were passing out the Protostar Industries - "Wildstar: Password Nexus" cards that give the link to the beta, I decided I would grab a bunch of them. I've been telling everyone I know who shows even a casual interest in gaming about this project and have been known to slip these Beta cards to random strangers, just to get the word out. I'm almost out, but if you invite me to the Beta, I will happily provide my address so you can send me more, and any other advertising paraphernalia you'd like handed out in the Boston area. ;)
  4. Diskord

Diskord New Cupcake

Alright, My List:

1: I signed up to facebook, for you! (no one else managed that yet)

2: Made a Wallpaper not too long ago for Wildstar Central http://oi41.tinypic.com/2po9miu.jpg

3: Switched that Wallpaper up for some Desktop Loving http://oi44.tinypic.com/ancxmu.jpg

4: Atm i'm learning LUA so i can contribute Addons and Mods for WIldstar and present them on this site: http://modsfromdiskord.webs.com/ (just a sketchup so far)

5: I'm active on reddit/r/wildstar since a long time and recently joined the EU Refugees Guild, to bring 40 people together for Raid testing.

6: I'm almost always on #wildstar IRC, unless i work.

7: I'm active on Twitter aswell with the name Diskord42

8: I plan to make one of those Quiz bots for IRC, maybe with some Wildstar Lore questions and other silly games.

9: I signed the petition for that rowsdower plushie! (gotta count for something!)

10: "Wildstarbetaplease" is a passwort i use multiple times a day for [REDACTED]

11: I'm following this game since there was only one picture with aliens on a field.
    I tracked down every little piece of info, mostly just interviews back then.

12:Almost everyone i know, knows about this game now, cause i don't shut up about it. (srsly, i don't)

13: I signed up for beta in the first week.

14: I made four Magic Cards for the four carbine employees facebooksite #frostlings, #pappyminions, #troyans and #bardic
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1017646_1386474981567105_132624138_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/7741_1386481614899775_1119109839_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/993763_1386472741567329_1014844053_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1002233_1386472848233985_1930310322_n.jpg

15: And last but not last, being a software engineer, i would test the hell out of this game.

#HIGH FIVES THE WHOLE THREAD!
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Cheers
    Davey Diablo and Arawulf like this.
  5. imrevned

imrevned Cupcake

Gerick, Davey Diablo and iyzn like this.
  6. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

There are so many great people that deserve a chance to play. While it's impossible for me to list everyone, I want to highlight (and nominate) some of the other podcasters like the team at Nexus Weekly, Mission-Nexus and WildStar Radio and the Vodcasters over at Late Night Dominion.

I also love the WildStar work done by Richie Procopio and Kaeyi Dream.

All of these people (and many more!) have helped to enrich this great community! They've helped spread the word about this game in a positive way. They've reached people that I or many of us would have never come in contact with. Well done!
  7. Denied-a Wildstar Guild

Denied-a Wildstar Guild Cupcake

I dont have skills in this, nor am I blessed in the graphical area or video editing, I just wanted to do a call to arms video for my fellow guildies and to exiles out there in the nexus to know that I will aid them into the fight against the Dominion.

I use what I can to create something that can boost up people spirits for the wait for Wildstar. I´m a pvper by heart, I have passion for PvP and I will claim what is mine in the battle field.

This is my "waiting for Wildstar" video and yes its other games that are beeing shown. I just wanted to get his out for my guild and share it with the wonderful community of wildstar, you are all champions.

Davey Diablo likes this.
  8. Jawhitt

Jawhitt New Cupcake

Hi Carbine! I'm from Russia, and I created this site to create a guild in WildStar. We already have 30 people in five days of site / guild! Unfortunately it is in Russian and you will not quite understand what is written there, but it's basically written in the style of mercenaries Gronak. My guild is the first on your game in Russia. And I'd like to try to help you with beta test, and get a lot of fun!
    Here's my guild site: http://jaami9.wix.com/chainsaws-wildstar
    I hope you will appreciate it. thank you!
    its opening at forum, but here is a panel in the top =)
  9. Dthblayde

Dthblayde New Cupcake

Not that I think I would get selected, but how about a tale of how one person inadvertently inspired another to RP awesomeness? How you never know who you will inspire, when.. or how. A chance encounter in a chat room on WSRP.. a single question... and boom.. two RP fiends reconnected after years of their own separate ways and paths. Who are these two people? Myself.. and CRB_Anlath, the Wildstar UK/EU Community Manager :)

This.. is story: ( original link on Wildstar RP http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/forum/m/11410152/viewthread/7596459-let-me-tell-you-story )
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  10. Darkademic

Darkademic Cupcake

I created http://wildstar.guildex.org to serve as a central database of guilds to help guilds recruit, and to help players find the right guild. It'll also be used to see which servers guilds are rolling on as we get closer to launch. Nearly 8,500 guilds are registered on the GW2 version of the site I made last year, and all those guilds are able to expand their profiles to include a WildStar branch. It was fun to watch the site and see the big alliances form and move around prior to GW2's launch, I hope to see something similar happen for WildStar.

I'm also guild leader of the Dark Reavers, a gaming community with hundreds of active members that was founded just under 14 years ago, and which has played many different games over the years. After playing GW2 since the first beta weekend, we now have our sights set on WildStar and we are playing several other games on the side while we wait. Can't wait to get stuck into some 40-man raids and WarPlots!
  11. CptGiggles

CptGiggles New Cupcake

Hello,

I'm the creator of http://wilddash.com and worked on the site for about one and a half week. You'll never miss any WildStar related news again :) I'm not the best designer, as you can tell but I think it came out great. I made this because I wanted to provide a place where people can follow WildStar related news in a simple fashion, in one place. I found myself in all the corners of the internet digging up news about WildStar, and wanted to spare other fans of that :D While it may not provide all news sources, I'm adding others and am open to ideas.

The responses from the community are amazingly positive and as of writing this, over a thousand dashboards have already been created. I hope you will take this submission under consideration.

Here's an example screenshot: http://imgur.com/RelaWHQ

Best Regards,

CptGiggles (@CaptainGiggles)
  12. Greenfox

Greenfox New Cupcake

Hmm, as i wont prolly get a chance for telling you that i informed alot of people in a gaming group and that i am a lover of bug hunting (and bots... i hate em). As i am experienced in real Beta testings.

I tought out this poetry, which i will updated tommorow more. I need to translated it maybe a bit different..
    Wrote it in german first, then in english from that script. And churned it a bit more to sound better.
    If anyone likes it i may record it per microphone. I am confident, that it sounds funy as a cat in a bath. When i read it aloud...

Wild World:

I am here under stars.
    They don't shine, don't twinkle?
    I am here with my time.
    It's not spinning, it's not running?
    I am here being alone.
    Was it dark before, was it cold?
    I am here and everywhere.
    Can i see, can i feel?
    I be a mere rock in this world of cruelty.
    But i know. One thing is sure.
    I won't move, won't cry for you.
    I am Exile. And that's I.
    --
    Guess what race made me thing of this.

--
    Got into the spirit while editing it.
    Is it okay to post more?
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  13. Lily

Lily New Cupcake

Two co-leaders for the Wildstar branch of the guild Outcry Gaming launched a comprehensive forum for perspective players to have in-depth conversations and look into the game.

Here is a link to our entry portal and forum: http://wildstar.outcrygaming.com/

Our names are Trams87 (Smart Hopewell on FB) and Lily (Ashlyn Mae O'Harra on FB). Outcry gaming hosts many games, and so has a large audience. We already have dozens of players very interested in the game. We are on the forum daily, fielding questions for prospective players. We are in Vent daily discussing the game. We comb the internet for interesting blogs and webcasts for our members to view. One of the things we love to tell interested people is that Wildstar has a lot of humor in it, unlike lots of other games, and that is part of what is going to make it a great success. We are total fans and can not wait to bring our whole clan over into possible CBT access or whenever the final launch is set.

Not only has it been fun and enjoyable to see all the content posted daily on the Wildstar facebook page and/or website it's truly been great to dive head first into all the rich pre-gameplay content this includes listening to podcast or watching live streams or VOD - (Video On Demand) via Twtich.tv or Youtube. Hence why we're very active within our guild.

We're also really looking forward in being able to engage in the on-going Wildstar community at large and hoping we can add something new and fresh to the mix whether it be additional add on's as mentioned in the latest Wildcast podcast episode 4 or perhaps providing additional info on great in-game resource locations for new or old players.

All in all it would be no understatement to say that we're "insanely" excited about Wildstar "insanely" is the word and whether or not we're chosen out of many to be including in CBT has no baring on the passion we have for a game that has truly become and answer to many MMO concerns and prayers for perhaps far to many years.

So I Lily, on behalf of both myself and Trams87 and all of us over at Outcry Gaming, we'd like to thank you for taking the opportunity to even read or look at our content and we hope you enjoyed checking it out as much as we did creating it.

Many Thanks
    Lily & Trams87

Welcome To Nexus!!!!!.....Cupcake ;D
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  14. Mariano

Mariano New Cupcake

I began a latin comunnity of wildstar, since 6 weeks ago. But i prefer to tell you why a did that ;)

When i saw the trailer long time ago, i followed the development of the game, and when the dev team show us the first dev videos, news and more more info, i began with my own latin america fan site

URL : www.wildstar-latino.com

[​IMG]

Also i create a facebook fan site :

Link: Wildstar Latino Facebook

and a twitter account

Link: Wildstar Latino Twitter

I 'm waiting to wildstar release, i think wildstar will be that new game that the MMO market needs. That new great MMO game.

Thanks for the oportunity to have a beta key. And if u like my site, let me know and give me a like on fb :D

Good bye
  15. Exorcist Panda

Exorcist Panda New Cupcake

We started Turkish based community forum. Translated pretty much anything we found, even some videos. We keep localizing content and reaching out more people. Soon, we are gonna start weekly Turkish podcasts like we have done for other games. Once we are done, we are gonna make sure anyone, who plays mmorpg, heard wildstar and well informed about it. Since we running a few more Turkish based community sites, we have lots of people to wait for it. Experienced raid player waiting for chance to rip out your raids.

You can check it out here
    Dex Charisma likes this.
  16. Iea

Iea Cupcake

Hope I'm getting this right...

I love this idea of pay it forward. So I spent some time with some co-workers and abusing my social media to try and help spread the word of Wildstar.

[​IMG]
    First I chopped and composted this from one of your videos. Cause I really like the Cassians.​
    So I also own a bar...My employees and I after close last week went and painted it on a wall. on the side of our bar seating area. We've gotten questions and quite a few freak outs over it.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    We've tagged a QR code to the Wildstar website and encouraged the staff who are excited about it to tell people how much we all love it!​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    We started posting back in February is the first couple I can find. And have kept up talking about it. 19k fans on facebook, not a huge amount I know...but we're a little nerd bar.​
    Other than that just lots of telling every last person I know about the game. I hope some folks approve.
    Darksparrow, Fudge, cali and 34 others like this.
  17. jasondean

jasondean New Cupcake

Hello Guys, Hello Carbine Team,

I am the author of Wildstar-Movies.com, a video sharing platform only for Wildstar! I spent the last weeks hardly working on this website, nearly all my free time (and a good amount of money ;) ) has gone into this project and it would be great to be awarded with a beta key :)

At the moment I am constantly adding new video material and with the help of the community it can be become one large collection of Wildstar related video content! Of course every video uploaded doesn´t violate the NDA and is checked twice before approved. Hope you like it!

[​IMG]
    Gerick likes this.
  18. Lethaos

Lethaos New Cupcake

19. Kassh

Kassh New Cupcake

I've made a group for my friends on facebook where I post all the info I get about the game, we discuss what race/class we will play, etc. I've started with 3 people now we are at 16. I know it's not that much but I'm really happy that I could convince 15 people to be excited for Wildstar. :)
    (I also have David Hasselhoff on my profile picture, that alone should worth a key)

Attached Files:

Davey Diablo likes this.
  20. Ribak

Ribak Cupcake

ScruffyHealer, Gyoin and vicksen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.