1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The WildStar Community Pays it Forward, Here!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Aether, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duratok

Duratok New Cupcake

Do my eyes deceive me, or has no one mentioned the incredibly talented and amazing Vic De La Cruz, aka Bloodraptor, aka The Guy Who Brought Us 'The Wayward'?

[​IMG]

This piece has become so popular that it is widely believed that it is the 4th Exile Race!

This man deserves our respect and recognition, not to mention beta access.

http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?members/bloodraptor.2145/
    Darksparrow, Arawulf, Valdana and 8 others like this.
  2. Goatus

Goatus New Cupcake

Version .02 with new intro event, framerate, grammar and formatting is now up as of 02:45 PM ET 07/04/2013
    New (0.02):

What it is: A JRPG starring Stephan Frost, Jen Gordy, and Mark "Sailor Venus" Hulmes as a Spellslinger, Warrior and Esper.
    Why I did it: Well people have made some awesome submissions and I was kind of bummed with my lack of artistic ability. MMO's thrive on community generated content (stories, guilds, communities, artwork, etc). Then it occurred to me, I can do other stuff :) . So I had installed RPG Maker a while back but never gotten around to using it until now. I'm amped about WildStar and so I've just been doing some lua in preparation. My goal is to actually make a full ~30 minute, playable JRPG out of this just for kicks but we'll see. I'd much rather be playing with Houston.

If the "pay it forward" thing is still open tomorrow I should be able to add some polish, dialog, etc. Sound was cut off by recording software on this version, should be able to fix that too.
    Arawulf, Vesi and Bloodraptor like this.
  3. Havain

Havain New Cupcake

Dang, so many awesome people here, unfortunately I haven't been so up-to-date with the community, might check out the RP-thing people have been talking about though.
    So unfortunately, no nominations from me.

I did, however, start this: http://ralbekthejabbit.blogspot.nl/

It's a blog where I tell the story of Ralbek, a Jabbit who accompanies Raven, one of the bandit leaders in Algoroc, on his biggest attack so far. I will update it every day, not really at a fixed time yet because of my schedule, but I'll try to have it on at least before 18:00.

I have also worked up all of my friends with the videos, by spamming them in Skype and on Facebook? Yay!

I have a big story for little Ralbek and I hope I might entertain some of you.
  4. lollord

lollord New Cupcake

I wonna nominate one of my best friends
    cause he showed me wildstar
    and he brought me to MMORPG
    without him i wouldn't be here
    I wonna say thanks to him in that way and I know how excitet he is for this game

By the way yesterday was his birthday and that would be the best present

Happy birthday to you Arx

Ps: good luck reading every comment
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  5. zakudo

zakudo New Cupcake

i like mmorpg and can't wait to get my wildstar beta invite.
    and this is one of the only games i am really waiting for and i can't wait to hear more from.
    therefore i really want to join the exiles so i can join the fight for freedom, and explore nexus.

i red all the articles when the are on the website and form what i can make out wildstar is going to be a great mmorpg. the defelepors are doing a great jop and i would like to help, by playing the game and giving feedback.

Attached Files:

6. ValleyD

ValleyD New Cupcake

Hello WildStar loving people, after looking on page 1 at Dustbrother. i got all inspired to make a
    CG Mechari. respect. have to say this game and its community gets me motivated. so now its my turn to try and add to the community. i hope you all like this guys. its only a start.

Attached Files:

Shalanigh, Dysp, Dustbrother and 2 others like this.
  7. venji

venji New Cupcake

Hey Folks,
    i believe there is a Stalker... and he steals Betakeys.. maybe you could resend it? ^_^

payitforward.jpg just a little comic, using a screenshot.
    Watau likes this.
  8. pope

pope New Cupcake

Unfortunately, as a newly wed, I haven't had the same amount of time to devote to pre-release shenanigans, as I did for Dota2, LoL, and GW2 (I was highly active in the development process and participated in each of their beta events).

I've been sucking up as much Wildstar info as I can in my spare time via twitter, video blogs, etc, but I can't offer much in terms of tangible artwork or massive community contributions. However, if I do gain access to beta, I hope to delve into add-on development. My heart is for a friendly, connected community, so I hope to develop features that encourage that even further.

All in all, this is my brief attempt to express my interest and admiration for the game. Judging by this thread, Wildstar has a very promising, positive community. I can't wait to be a part of it!

Have a great holiday weekend!

-Pope
  9. Mordgird

Mordgird New Cupcake

My simple contribution to game concept:
    Let Housing islands be able to join with other peers housing islands, e.i As guild you would be able to enable such feature where all guild mates (maybe per rank) can have automatically have their islands joined to the guild master, or friend to friend feature, so couples who are playing can have their own playground together. Simple feature and can make more variety to landscape when you see hundreds of small and big islands :))

Idea no 2 -
    DO NOT Make buffs and abilities so lame short like in Guild Wars2. Jumping out after 6 years in WoW to GW was refreshing but all fun fade once appeard that my Guardian abilities lasted for 6 seconds with 30 seconds recharge.

I do not mind if you gonna do similar WoW Vanilla copy with cool and funny envirnoment, I am fed up with epicness everywhere, throwing up with orcs and elfs farting around, and nooo GNOMES please :D

Idea no 3 - Make new race - astral race where their bodies would be made form X-whaever- cool-matter-name-can-be. They can wear normal armor but their body would be matter-x transparent with cool glowing eyes :) Customization can go endless here.

Hope it enough to get beta :D. My wife really need to play/test something otherwise Diablo3 will kill us. :)

Cheers
  10. Vesi

Vesi New Cupcake

Velorra and I created this song for Pay it forward called "Key Plz"

This is our first time ever recording a song, so we aren't amazingly gifted but it was a lot of fun! We're really excited about Wildstar and we hope our efforts show it! =)

Zakis, Buhlyle, Tribune and 9 others like this.
  11. velorra

velorra New Cupcake

Wooo! So exciting to get that out! ^^
    Buhlyle, Vesi, PsionicFox and 2 others like this.
  12. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

pretty decent voice :D

Aurin FTW
    velorra and Vesi like this.
  13. Kenyar

Kenyar New Cupcake

Hi everyone! :D
    I'm thinking a lot, and i'm not sure this topic is that what i need, but i try. :D

So... I'm want to write something, and i create a race... XD​
    This informations just idea's, if you want to use it for somethin just do it. :) But please say to me... :D

This race name: Octopusian​
    [​IMG]
    You see, i'm don't draw very well, but just imagine with wildstar graphics.​

This creature half little gray, half octopus...​

History:​
    This species live a planet: Sian. In this world once upon a time released an abnormal virus. This virus is appeared in the new generation precisely the teenager who is literally going wild. Many people have died of old and new generations. The Octupusian nation never see other life before, when they see ships in the sky from Dominion/Exiles. (Alternative historic opportunity for the two faction aligned) Even detected signs of life approached it to explore the exotic life forms here. They try to communicate with the Octupusians, but they language was unknown. This species brain capacity had telepathic skills, so they can to tell what happen in Sian. This species was curious about the new creatures, but had to concentrate on the main issues. The Exiles merely helping intentions, and the Dominion of conquest helped Octupusian species. Dominion / Exiles and Octupusian scientists captured alive some infected Ocupusian individuals. This race had individual biology. They had two hearts what they needed to worked the brain functions. This hearts in the adolescent young ones was produce more adrenaline, so this is the cause why are they be mad. The Dominion/Exiles needed to wear gas masks to survived the Sian world poision gases. The Octupusian biological system was resisted this gases, but the normal air was poison them. But, in the studies the Octupusian race can be lived in Nexus if they wear gas masks. So they can be lived at this time together. Their findings, scientists and engineers need to create a machine which can regulate the level of adrenaline.​
    [​IMG]

This machine looks like an engine, and needed to implant in the nape. Essentially, it is a regulatory tool to adrenaline. The adrenalin production was depend in the emotions. When the Octupusian was anger, fear, or stressed, the adrenaline product was started, and they will be mad. But this machina was save them life. Some lead pipes within the body which release excess adrenaline vapor. This output is shown in the image exhaust pipe holder with memo function. Often, when a large amount of glow emissions are concerned. Thanks to this technology, extended the average age of a new generation of the Octupusian, the older ones who did not carry these devices as time goes dead. This is a tradition when they reach a octupusian puberty gets the "engine" of the head. This allows for a more mature culture. This type of assistance committed by the Group for the eternal Octupusian species, such an alliance with the Dominion / Exiles.​

Fun fact (Octopusian sociology):​
    [​IMG]
    You see in this picture an Octupusian baby and woman. The male Octupusian's skins are shades of grey, and the females skins are shades of purple. The new generation youth are wilder than ancestors, and hyperactives.... If you look better the first picture you see rings on the tentacles. This rings are ranks symbols, and age symbols. Traditional costumes.​

So... That's my idea, i'm so happy to created. :D I hope you enjoyed this little "fanfiction", and i want to thanks to Carbine for everything. :D I really enjoy this awesome and fantastic world. :)

(improving spell)​
  14. Bloodraptor

Bloodraptor Cupcake-About-Town

So many awesome people it's so hard to decide! My pay it forward is thanking this whole community for being THE MOST welcoming one I have ever been in and being so inspirational as to take me out of a huge rut in my life. The friendly support I have gotten is heartening and no matter what kind of game WildStar will be ( Lets face it, it will be AWESOME!) as long as it has people like these it will be a complete treasure.

Brenner : For his amazing blog, fantastic support and is an absolute delight to work with!

Bog Otter : For his hilariously informative Nexus talk videos and great articles on Massively.com!

Evion : For being a supportive fellow artist, a pillar of this community and great artistic inspiration!
    Kethrym, Davey Diablo and Duratok like this.
  15. Fen

Fen Cupcake

I nominated the guys at altTabme way back on one of the early pages for their kick-ass podcasts, but since I saw submissions were still being accepted, I made this little plea on my own behalf.

[​IMG]

Don't look too long or he may steal your soul.
    WildStone, Fudge, Buhlyle and 14 others like this.
  16. Vesi

Vesi New Cupcake

I nominate Fen for that awesome picture! =)
    velorra likes this.
  17. velorra

velorra New Cupcake

That's pretty awesome Fen!!! :inlove: it!
    PsionicFox and Vesi like this.
  18. Gald0r

Gald0r New Cupcake

Well here is the deal. My friend owns a net cafe where ppl play 24/7 all shorts of staff. So i had this idea for a promotion. I made an image and made every customer sign it and promising they will check out Wildstar and also that they will jump upon the hype train.

Those poor fools have no idea that by signing this document they sold their souls to nexus. -insert evil laugh here-

funny thing is that many of them havent heard of the game before and were pleasantly surprised when they actually checked it out. (Dev speaks had such a success)

So there you go, happy to spread the word on what seems to be a great game. Also my friend promised to print this out and hang it on the wall as a kind reminder :>

[​IMG]
  19. Wayne Roberts

Wayne Roberts New Cupcake

Okay so this is a short video I made for the dominion! When I heard about pay it forward I knew I wanted to do a video because they are just so much fun to make. I also knew that I wanted it to be focused on the Dominion because I love their story and all the propaganda stuff involved with them. So here is what I came up with and I hope you all enjoy it. Also thanks for extending the pay it forward!! I was out of state and was worried I was going to miss out : /
    Vesi likes this.
  20. Dustbrother

Dustbrother Cupcake

Looking pretty cool mate.. What program are you using?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.