1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The WildStar Community Pays it Forward, Here!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Aether, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tollero

Tollero New Cupcake

I didn't know when the contest ended when I began working on my submission, then I heard that it ends today and??? I hope this still counts! (If not, good luck to all involved dudes anyway.)
    [​IMG]
    It's (hopefully) my future character- An Aurin Spellcaster/Explorer- as well as my sister's, and a good friend of mine's. As pictured, I hope to lead them in to any caves and try not to get lost. My sister's character is there for protection, and that other guy is our personal pack mule, I guess.
    I made it because I've been excited for the beta since I heard about it, and once I told them, they were pretty excited too! We try to play as many games as we can together, and if we all get Wildstar keys, it would be our first beta together!
    I'm sorry if the picture looks hurried. I started it at about 2 AM this morning, and after some sleep, just now finished it. </3
    Good luck to everyone nominating or posting their own things!
    Mykol likes this.
  2. Jpoff

Jpoff New Cupcake

Hello!
    Tribune, Buhlyle and myself procured a mob of angry velociraptors, so we decided to let them destroy a settlement on Nexus!
    Enjoy the Destruction!
    Vermana, Nyxis, Mongelo and 12 others like this.
  3. Ekadzati

Ekadzati New Cupcake

I nominate Jpoff for that epic boss chick^^^ velociraptor fight video!

(Alas, my cats are entirely too placid to be pantsed with something like a video... =/ )
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

You know what? What the hell, I'm going to give this a last minute shot in the dark! Hopefully this isn't too late (it IS still the 5th!) but here is my Pay It Forward submission! I even gave up a day I needed to get college work done so that I didn't miss this opportunity!

However, I must caution you: I am an amateur drawer with minimal experience in drawing but I hope my underdog's gambit can pull me through! I try my best and I spent hours on this piece, probably amounting to a total of 24 hours give or take a few from beginning to end. My scanner wasn't very high quality either so I had to rush into paint (not that good with photoshop yet) to fix 'er up to submit it on time!

Just be careful, she's quite shy, so do her a favor and don't look at her for too long. She's a young aurin woman, ready to take on the adventures throughout Nexus. That is, if she can get over her bashfulness!

[​IMG]

This is my first ever fan art creation, so I guess I could say that Wildstar took my fan art virginity! The variety of races in the upcoming MMO is unlike most other MMOs and I'm extremely eager to explore Nexus and her moons and asteroids as a curious aurin and a bloodthirsty draken! Wildstar has given me a reason to practice drawing more fervently and hone my skills as a character designer, an asset that's sure to be useful as a future game developer.

I'd be honored to have this chance to potentially beta test this game and offer sound feedback from the perspective of an aspiring game designer. I'm even going to school in a game development program (hint: I'm not planning on being a game artist/animator but it's not off the table either!)! I love everything about MMOs from the lore and worldbuilding aspect of the genre to the hard mechanics and seeing how different parts of the game come together and bring it to life. I explore all facets from the game, from raiding to PvP and even RP! You could say that out of all game genres, I have the greatest passion and love for MMOs. I'd love to have the opportunity to make Wildstar a better game.

At the very least, thank you for offering the Wildstar community the chance to show our stuff and earn a rare chance to explore Wildstar's beta and contribute to the game's success directly. We're all hoping you guys at Carbine can create an awesome game and we're willing to lend whatever help we can as a community to make the game even better!

P.S. I know you guys like breaking things. I happen to have a natural talent at breaking stuff. I don't even have to try and things just crumble before my feet! If you want to design an unbreakable game, then only my destruction-wrought hands would suffice!

P.S.S. Also, I have a threat. I explored your company website. I'm going to work at Carbine in the future. Mark my words. Turning me down will only make me come back with an even better resume/portfolio. You'll never get rid of me. Ever.

Dammit!
  5. Xostro

Xostro Cupcake

Hello, I'm really not creative with this kind of thing and suffered extremely for it when I was in highschool, But I have been thinking of Wildstar non stop and can't even have fun on swtor anymore cause I can't stop thinking of playing a Mechari or Draken, Its literally killed all mmos for me and I haven't even played it yet!

I've been watching this game since it released its first cinematic video and got hooked when Carbine released the Meet the Dominion video, I really enjoy professionalism and the Dominion embody that and more. I have researched the Dominion lore extensively and tell others that the Dominion isn't Evil and that the Exiles aren't good ether, from what I gathered from devs talking at pax.

I've been laying out the info on the Wildstarforums.com about how the Dominion isn't evil, to ward off the moral bias people have when choosing a faction and hopefully bring more to the fold.

On swtor and guild wars 2, I have been spreading the word of Wildstar to get more ppl talking about it and tell them about the people working on the game to get them interested, The people who made Wow and the adored City of heros that I played till its death, I still miss playing my Demon mastermind:(

I have never been this hyped to play a game before and I would be extremely honored if you would extend a beta invitation to me.

Yours sincerely, Xostro.

P.S. On Wildstarforums on Curse, I am also known as Xostro, But thats a given, Just getting it out there. I'm very active on there but thinking of moving to this forum, Here's a post I've made from there.
  6. Spoodey

Spoodey New Cupcake

I've already posted my submission, but based on everything I've seen, I'd like to nominate every single person that's taken the time to post on this thread. Every bit counts. From the insanely talented singers/musicians, artists, and authors- to the people who have only been able to express there love for Wildstar through a small yet meaningful comment. I know that sounds somewhat selfish, but we're all part of one community. The Wildstar community.
    Vesi, Paya, Darksparrow and 3 others like this.
  7. lotteje13

lotteje13 New Cupcake

[​IMG]

i hope im not too late to join this! i was kinda lazy and didnt know what to draw D: anyway...
    here is my go at an aurin! i tried my best >_< and i hope to join the beta so i can find all the glitches cause i Always seem to find thos ._. i Always get stuck while Climbing things

hope im not too late :inlove:
    Mykol, Spoodey and R4bbit like this.
  8. Alhem

Alhem New Cupcake

Me and my friends guild will create a chilean WildStar info page! in spanish. We really hope help this game in our country, to acces to the new info.
    http://wildstarchile.blogspot.com/
    Me and my friends wait a beta invitation! Please!!! (Or just me, im the admin, lol) I need a beta invitation to have more impressions about the game, and have news week a week. I follow this game for a long time. I just want to help, and with a beta invitation i will be a really happy person, and my blog will grow up more fast!
    Grettings :)
  9. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

I'll submit a Character Bio I wrote up for Roleplay purposes! A bit of story and artz involved, as well. Looking forward to Wildstar regardless of whether or not I receive an invite.

Race: Mechari
    Class: Whatever the Rifle or Cannon user class is! Engineer? Sniper?
    Path: Scientist
    Job: Adjutant to Dominion officers, royals, and researchers.

(An Adjutant is a military personnel that advises and assists generals and other positions of leadership on matters like strategy and tactics. Adjutants are usually veterans or brilliant strategists that help with making military strategies.)
    (They also tell you when you need to mine more minerals...)

Her D&D-Esque stats:
    Brutality: 1
    Finesse: 15
    Tech: 5
    Moxie: 3
    Insight: 13
    Grit: 3

Skills/Perks

1) Vermana has a chassis built for attractiveness, that is if you like tall humorless bug-robots. She can pass checks for "skin-deep" attractiveness more easily. Just nothing that requires her to actually act sexy. (+10 Moxie when dealing with pure looks, no personality involved.)

2) Vermana can perform surgical procedures with her scalpel-sharp claws and knowledge of biology, though she prefers dissecting organisms rather than saving them. (Can perform moderate surgery, but you probably wouldn't want her to.)

3) Vermana is good with lasers. Lasers go pew-pew and she's all about that. It's sort of a Mechari stereotype. She can pass offensive and defensive checks involving laser weapons more easily. (+5 Finesse when using a laser weapon, +5 Tech/Grit when being attacked by a laser weapon.)

Design Specifications

(DISCLAIMER: This is not drawn by me! A certain very nice artist drew this for me, of my Mechari.)

[​IMG]

Vermana is built to be overly eye-catching in terms of body shape. The Eldan needed some Mechari Agents to be designed for politics and social interactions, and general attractiveness to the Cassians in order to keep them from being too freaked out when working with them.
    Unfortunately the Eldan only really accounted for the shape of her hardware, and didn't bother making her look very Cassian otherwise, and so she's still a pretty strange looking person. And her social skills are... Non-existent.

Her chassis is more-or-less standard, with an increased emphasis on lady parts. Larger "Breastplate", "Hip Servos", and of course, standard "Built-in heels". Other special design features include razor-sharp fingers for delicate operations and warding off unwanted robosexuals, (she prefers to use them for specimen dissection, actually.) and a larger than average pink crystal structure, composed of two floating 'twin tails' alongside her cranial crystal formation, for increased mental capacity.
    Her personality is a rather strange one, but most Mechari are like that. She tends to spend most of her time focusing on whatever is at hand for the Dominion, such as politics, research and development, attacking the Exiles, or anything else she's been ordered to do. She's strictly business in every sense of the phrase.
    It takes a lot of coercing to get Vermana to go out for drinks or anything like that. But, for example, if it's "Studying the effects of booze", or "Developing connections with important Dominion individuals", she'll probably go along with it.

She takes most jokes, orders, and comments fairly literally, and lacks any kind of sense of humor. In fact, she lacks just about any hint of a personality in the first place. Also, as a consequence of being so loyal to the Dominion, she is extremely trusting of Dominion officers and any member with a bit of rank, almost to the point of being gullible occasionally, though most lower-ranked individuals (Anything lower than a squad leader) don't have much sway with her, since she's used to serving under captains and generals, not soldiers.

She also lacks.. Moral fiber, in a sense. She is not eccentric or interested in any form of male/female interaction, (With the rare exception of scientific experiments?) however, having "Fun" (Though that's not what she calls it) by going to bars, parties, or whatever normal soldiers do to let off steam would qualify for her as 'raising morale'. Not that she'd enjoy it too much. But "It is a necessary function", as she says.

tl;dr ~ Vermana is serious business! Srs Bsns. By the book, Get things done efficiently and straight to the point. Silly things like Mercy, Fun and Relationships are fairly irrelevant. However, being first and foremost an assistant to quite a few nobles and generals, she knows the benefits of morale and all that. Just be prepared for awkward conversations, unless you're used to talking to the epitome of the "strictly business" type.

Talents/Strengths

1) Vermana is very good with a gun. She can hit a target from a very long distance, as her algorithms let her account for things like laser refraction, gravity, wind, and aim within a fraction of the time a biological being could do the same thing. Even among other Mechari, Vermana's systems are calibrated to be extremely accurate, though that does take away from some of her other features, like durability.

2) She is also very book-smart and great at strategy and tactics. She is a wealth of information on all things military and science, not so much social, though.

Flaws/Weaknesses

1) For what Vermana gains in accuracy and killing power at a distance, she loses out on durability and physical fighting strength. In close range, Vermana is rather fragile, though her body can still take more damage than a normal human's could.

2) Vermana is also quite the failure in interacting with biologicals during normal, everyday conversation. She'll normally avoid things like that, and tends to be incredibly antisocial, unless provoked. She also has a pretty negative sense of humor, and you'd be hard-pressed to make her laugh.

Dominion Personal Data File --
    Vermana, Mechari
    Female
    Has a history as an Adjutant to multiple generals, nobles, squad leaders, researches and other Dominion officials. She has been around since the first day the Cassians were chosen to lead the Dominion, and has been assisting them ever since.
    Her knowledge of her creators is very limited. Ancient memories have been erased or partitioned into locked sections of herself. She has served the Dominion in furthering their empire as long as she has known.
    R4bbit and drmorg like this.
  10. Booker Dwewit

Booker Dwewit New Cupcake

What everyone says- "I DON'T WANT A BETA KEY, GIVE EVERYONE ELSE THEIRS FIRST"
    What there all thinking- "Sweet jesus I want a beta key :D "
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  11. Kenyar

Kenyar New Cupcake

Dominion fan picture from me. :)
    [​IMG]
    Mykol likes this.
  12. lentinant

lentinant New Cupcake

Hi. I'm writing this from not distant future. The fact is, in my time, i have beta access. But me in your time (time, when this post is created) doesn't have beta access yet, and this may cause time paradox, which will destroy whole universe and space-time continuum. So, if you don't want this to happen, you should provide me from your time with beta access. Also, be sure he will do a lots of usefull stuff for community (i know, because i did it).

Never mind i'm writing this from his account - i know his password, you know.
  13. Shyhalu

Shyhalu New Cupcake

I haven't made anything cool.. because my artistic abilities are a bit lacking. However.. I tend to be the 'leader' in my friend group when it comes to moving from game to game and I definitely have them all convinced (not that it took much convincing) to move to WildStar as soon as it's available!

I also have a lot of experience beta testing.. if that helps.. at all. Anyway good luck everyone :) Really loved some of the submissions in this thread! Shout out to Voodoo's rap battle and the veloci-chickens.
  14. Zilvis78

Zilvis78 New Cupcake

Greetings and Salutations all,now that the process is wrapped up I want to give a big Good luck to all those nominated and who have submitted their contributions! I scour as much of the community as I can,i'm found on twitter ALOT,frequent turntable.fm/wildstar (yes shameless plug), as well as try and pop into many chats randomly. Whether your exile/dominion/or a dual faction player your a community member. Whether you simply are a Wildstar enthusiast,-draw or write or sing-,make amazing sites, or just be the great community member you can be you all are deserving and I hope you all get what you want! Whether now or later I hope to see you in-game and enjoying this amazing game Carbine's developed. Keep doing what you do,now and after launch so we can be the best MMO community whether in the NA or EU divisions we're all Wildstar Peeps and we need to all stick together!
  15. deech1312

deech1312 New Cupcake

^ I'd like to nominate this guy as well. I'm also a part of the Sick Damage group, and as a member of said group, I can't stress how important it is for us to see a game like Wild Star come to fruition. We grew up in a golden age of games, living through and playing through generations of consoles and PC titles. MMO's will always have a special place in our hearts, but after the monolith that was WoW, MMO's have seemed... less innovative and more rushed, with less focus on originality, and more focus on the status quo. We all believe that Wild Star breaks this trend, and in tremendous fashion. (I mean, COME ON, have you SEEN the original trailer?!?!??)

We're all gamers, some hardcore, some casual, but in the end, our passion for gaming has brought us together in the way that guilds and clans in most MMO's attempt but often fail to achieve. Undies has been the most vocal of us in updating news and links about Wild Star's development, and while we're all excited for the game's release, I think it's safe to say that he's got a mild; OK, CRAZED INCESSANT OBSESSION with the game and the direction it's going in. I was originally on the fence about buying this game, but Undies has pretty much locked it in to my must-buy-on-release list.

While we're all hoping for a chance to try out the Beta, I think we can all agree that Undies is the most deserving of our collective to get a chance to test the waters of what we believe may be the future of online gaming.

Thank you in advance for your generous consideration.

- An equally dedicated but differently motivated gamer.
  16. Swarmley

Swarmley New Cupcake

Hi there, so I'm gonna make it quick.
    What is it?: It's an AWESOME and also MIGHTY ROWSDOWER
    Why i made it?: Hmm... maybe because i could and i always wanted to make something sheepy :p.
    + ofcourse i love Wildstar and i would really love to get in the beta :).
    [​IMG]
    Darksparrow, BrokSamson and Mykol like this.
  17. Hawkye

Hawkye New Cupcake

I want to have fun with this amazing game!! A lot of fun!
  18. Pocketmustard

Pocketmustard New Cupcake

man i should be given beta access because I am from an urban area and can show this game to a whole different generation of people. i have already told them about it. now they are waiting to see it. I CAN SHOW THEM THE TRUTH!
  19. k3yper

k3yper New Cupcake

I want to store front this... like I helped imagined it...with just a little bit... of gameplay if I get picked...
    to join this new planet... of Exile and Do-min-ion... and be able to get... the word passed out real quick... to friends and relatives... or whoever I've met... from where ever I went... since this last weekend... so they can get the wind... of this new found trend... and possibly then... tell their family and friends... and they help Wildstar spread... to further continents... and with this last comment... I leave you with it... Get People Interested!
  20. Fudge

Fudge Cupcake

My story submission,​
    Title: My life on Nexus​
    It has been a month since I have arrived on Nexus. In that short time, I have seen many things. One month has been enough to change a man of my caliber. This planet has taught me many things about the mystery of life and I have become a murderer for the sake of my own defense. I have killed crab-people that have mutated themselves to give them abilities of a scorpion. I have also killed horrendous trolls with tremendous prejudice. In the beginning my bullets had no effects on them. I ended up running as fast as I could for dear life and went in search for power so that I could survive on this planet. My searches led me to a remnant of a lost civilization. It was a giant robot that shot lasers through its eyes and caused massive destruction. I almost pissed my pants in terror, but at the same time something in myself changed...
    I had given up hope that I would return alive after seeing such a spectacle; so I decided to charge at the robot and rebel with whatever energy I could muster. Before I realized it, I was next to the robot. Close up, I saw that the robot had no lower body; only his upper body was alive (if you could call that alive). Most important of all was my amazement at the fact that I was actually able to get close to this enormous monstrosity. I did not understand at the time how what I did was possible, so I decided to create some distance between me and the robot and try again. This time, I noticed my heightened senses. It felt as if I had become a super human. I could predict or make an educated guess as to where the robots laser will strike. All I had to do was trust my judgement and get away from that area and the laser would not touch me. With my new-found discovery, I decided not to throw my life away and retreat for the time being.
    In the next few days, I managed to purchase a house on Nexus and hone my abilities. I wanted my bullets to synchronize with my "sixth sense" so I could kill and avoid being killed. I even learned how to use magic. Once my training was over, I decided to venture out onto nexus and test my strength. the monsters I ran away from before were now little ants I could kill with my eyes closed. My confidence grew and I traveled around all regions in Nexus. I even joined the rebellion to fight against the dominion. I climbed the tallest trees and found many artifacts that belonged to the lost civilization that created that gigantic robot. Other than that robot, the world was at my feet.
    Today, I have decided to go mountain climbing; on the tallest mountain on Nexus. I am climbing with such precision and agility that none of my party members are able to keep up with me. In this one month, I have even learned how to jump in air; although I am limited to only one air jump after the initial jump from the ground. I arrive at an etching on the wall of the mountain with a strange peculiar shape. It does not look natural; someone must have created it. There seems to be no way of going any further; I have arrived at a dead-end. I am about to leave in frustration as I have wasted my time climbing; but what is this? I have found some awkward looking rocks in one of the bushes nearby. These don't seem to be weathered down by the rain, but instead created by someone, somewhere; but why? As I stand there pondering about the purpose of the rocks, an ingenious idea comes to my mind. What if, work with me here, what if, this is a puzzle? I seem to be running into a lot of these lately. What if these rocks fit onto the etching in the mountain wall. There was only one way to find out.
    I began playing with the rocks on the wall. To an outsider I looked like a little kid, playing a 3-D jigsaw puzzle. Whoever created this must have been a child at heart. Nevertheless, I have not touched a jigsaw puzzle in the past 20 years and surprisingly, I'm having fun solving it. I finally got the correct shape! I do a little dance jig and strike my victory pose like I have acquired some legendary item. The wall comes out of the mountain and creates a passage for me. Being the daredevil I am, I calmly walk inside and try to create a map of the layout I see before me in my head. I am inside the mountain. The path goes on straight as far as my eye can see and suddenly takes a left. All my senses are telling me not to go. "Do not go if you value your life. What is here, is not meant for you." are the thoughts that are running in my head.
    Suddenly, I remember my encounter with the giant robot. Why now? I charged at the robot knowing full well that I would die. But in the end, I did not and gained an incredibly valuable sixth sense from it. I finally understood the meaning of my sudden flashback and decided to brush off my survival instincts. I followed the path and took a left that I had seen from the mountain's entrance. To my surprise, there was nothing. It was just an empty room with noth..... AHH!!! I'm falling. What? Why? Am I not inside the mountain? Why is it hollow here? Is this finally the end? I don't want to die. It feels like an eternity; why am I still falling? Thud, I crash onto the floor. I look at my hands, feel my head, and stand up. How am I still alive? I probably fell a few kilometers down. From my guess, I'm near the center of Nexus. There are too many unanswered questions, but for the time being I decide to focus on my current situation. My gaze goes around the room I am in. Strangely, there is lighting here so anyone who comes here can see their surroundings. There are gigantic gears in motion. A few horizontal, a few vertical, and some even diagonal; they seem to be moving something. And then it hit me. Somehow to my horror, I knew, I knew that the gears were moving planet Nexus itself. To keep this planet rotating on its axis, someone built a mechanism that can move an entire planet! It was beyond my ability to comprehend. There is too much information to process and I pass out due to extreme anxiety.
    I wake up in my house, and look outside the window to see that it is night time. Was all I had seen just a dream? It couldn't have been. These scratches on my hand are definitely from playing with the rocks. I lie in my bed trying to sleep. I thought I had seen everything, experienced everything there was to experience, but I was wrong. I am still a small fish in a gigantic pond. As sleep finally comes to me, I smile at myself and think "It was just another day as an explorer on Nexus".

THE END

Why have I written this story?

The answer is simple. It is the same answer that anyone who has emphasized with my story would give; I want to be the main character of this story.

That being said, Since the game is in beta testing, I would love helping with that, so I can make my answer to "Why Have written this story?" come true.

I know I am late for the pay it forward event. I still do not use facebook or twitter to this day and age (I know it's sad) so I did not know the event was occurring. I created my story as soon as I found out. Nevertheless, that does not justify my submission. BUT, anyone that has read my story hopefully will be able to tell that it was not about creating a submission for the contest, but rather to personify my passion about this game into words so other people can understand. And I am sure, a lot of people feel the same way as I do. So, in way, let my story be a way to get those people's message across to the Wildstar community regardless of whether I am disqualified or not (of course, I would be lying if I said I didn't hope that my submission would be considered).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT:

Since the thread is still open, I thought I'll add an artwork this time.

Backstory,

This is the first time I have cared about a game before it has been released. It also the first time I'm actually doing something productive for the game. Like mine, there are already 4xx posts on this thread by different users. You can feel the hype for this game by looking at the sheer number of people going our of their way to show their passion towards the game.

People are bored of the tons and tons of MMOs out there and are turning towards Wildstar to relieve them of their boredom. Even though they know next to nothing about Wildstar because of the NDA (of course people have a general idea about classes, races, etc.), they have full faith that once Wildstar come out, they will be in bliss. Maybe a little dramatic, but it fits the situation.

So, after displaying so much love towards a game that has not been released, what would you guys rate this game as it stands? 5/5? 10/10? 9/10?

My rating is obvious:

[​IMG]

So, that s what I believe.

Anyways, a little about the image.

I drew it with the backstory that I wrote above in mind. After completing about 75% of it, I realized it would have been 1002030 times better if I used the human race in Wildstar as the character. It would make more sense too.

So as much as I would like to call this fanart, it is not; since it does not have any characters from the game. ):

So, I'll just call it my reaction towards the game. Please do not flame me for it, I realize it was a stupid mistake and I'm owning up to it.

Hope you guys like it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.