1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The WildStar Community Pays it Forward, Here!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Aether, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bog Otter

Bog Otter Cupcake-About-Town

2. Prodominate

Prodominate New Cupcake

Here is my attempt of my character in YOUR closed beta. Of course I can only imagine this sense I haven't been in the beta at all *hint hint nudge nudge* I haven't drawn in 13 years and didn't pull out the pencil unless it was something special...and it seems I still have rust...I think I should have gone with my original idea and spray paint the logo on the hood of my truck. Oh well, hope you guys enjoy!

(edit) - And no, I don't want to be a Settler >.>

Attached Files:

3. Expyron

Expyron New Cupcake

Zic likes this.
  4. J0shm1lls

J0shm1lls Cupcake

My fellow Nexians. Ask not what Wildstar can do for you, but what you can do for Wildstar!
    It was a cold Friday night while someone in the twitterverse by the name of @Atreyah88 (Jess Jones), simply asked a question... "Am I the only one who hopes for a rowsdower plushie one day? :D". Much to her surprise, she was met with a RESOUNDING, "NO, NO you are not the only one!". Our very own Community Director @CRB_Aether (Troy Hewitt) replied, "let's start a petition together. ROWSDOWER PLUSHIES FOR ALL! You make it, I'll sign it."

It was at this very moment I knew, I knew I couldn't sit idly by and let this person's dream go unheard! The people must know, the people must unite, the PEOPLE NEED ROWSDOWER PLUSHIES! I immediately sprang into action by creating a place for the community to show their support for this wish, here on this very community forum, Rowsdower Plushie for ALL petition!. I quickly realized that this need not only be seen by those that know of Wildstar, it needs to be taken to the masses! I then directed my attention to a well known petitioning website Change.org and created the, Carbine Studios: Enact a Rowsdower Plushie for All Act.

Both repositories have garnered quite a bit of attention, even by the Carbinites themselves! To my amazement, thusfar the Change.org petition has had 858 "Yes, Yes, Yes" signatures! This of course was possible with the tweeting and retweeting of the community, @CRB_Aether / @Team_Wildstar and of course all the new friends I've made in the Turntable.fm channel (all of whom deserve #PIF nominations themselves), the petition has even been mentioned on a few PodCasts, special thanks to Wildcast and Protobar (thanks Vuxxy and Zilvis78!).

I received an email from Change.Org stating that the petition has gained someone's attention enough to sponsor the Rowsdower Plushie petition, which will place it in the "Petitions you might also want to sign rotation" that is displayed after signing any other petition. I don't know the details of WHO exactly sponsored it but I do know that it is a paid sponsorship, whomever you are, thank you! Change.org further recommended that I present Carbine with the petition to hear how they themselves feel on the matter.

With that in mind, I humbly submit to you my submission for Pay it Forward. Linked are 858 signatures in an excel file as well as 13 pages of comments left by the community in a PDF file for your enjoyment. Oh and a big nomination for Atreyah (Jess) for asking that question and getting this started.

Thank you for your consideration,
    Josh (RowsdowerPower) Mills

[​IMG]
  5. Nexrus

Nexrus New Cupcake

Hello,

I've been around the MMO scene for over a decade. I've followed countless games from conception to launch. During that time I have continuously set myself up for disappointment by getting over-excited about upcoming titles. In fact, I vowed to never sing a games praise until well after launch.

That was, of course, until I started following WS. Regardless of how hard I try not to get excited about this game, I can't help myself. I was telling all my friends about WS before most people knew what it was. My wife has threatened me with physical abuse if I don't stop talking about it during dinner. I've also been an active member of several WS dedicated communities along the way.

I'm also the creator of a fairly new website called The Nerd Cave. We've covered WS in the past and have plans to keep publishing WS content for our readers to enjoy.

Those are just a few of the things I've done to help promote the game that I truly believe will be the next big thing.

Thanks
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  6. FlipBZH

FlipBZH New Cupcake

I made an advertise for Wildstar:

[​IMG]

It's a way to demonstrate that Carbine allows us to enter in a new world which is very far from anything we have ever seen or experienced. All in a humorous tone.
    Rizlah, Draxus, Luc and 6 others like this.
  7. blaizou

blaizou New Cupcake

OMG THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.
    This was posted like 30 mins ago and there are already SO MUCH MESSAGES.
    ALL of you guyz have done their best to send a great contribution to our favourite game and producers.
    THE WILDSTAR COMMUNITY is alive now, and it's ******** Great !!!
    We are gonna have so much fun on Nexus and I can't wainting to try this game and meet his community in game and THIS IS GONNA HURT SO BADLY IN PVP :)))

Here is the link to my contribution : https://soundcloud.com/blaizou

I'll meet all the wildstar community in dungeons, where I will do my best to help (HEALERS FTW).

...But something different happens when I'm question alone like a lonely wolf. I'm totaly in line with the game, feeling its music, its environment, its soul.
    > When you are in line with the game, you can give a wonderful advice of how is this game. When I'm in line with a mmorpg, it means it's the best game ever for me. I had this feeling once with World of Warcraft.

I can feel I'll have the same feeling in the Nexus world. I can feel Wildstar will be fantastic.

LONG LIVE CARBINE
    LONG LIVE WILDSTAR
    LONG LIVE WILDSTAR COMMUNITY
    Davey Diablo and Opie Macleod like this.
  8. Neterim

Neterim New Cupcake

I don't host any website, nor do I have talent in computer art or anything of the sort... But I would LOVE to get into the beta, first off because this game seems to have everything I want from a mmo and secondly because I'd like to test and offer feedbacks on most of the content. I played LOT of games, mmo included, and I think I can contribute to the development.

I keep talking about the game to gaming friends of mine, spreading the word that this game got lot of potential. Anyway, I still made a song for it, just to show how much I want to get in!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151772980458072
    Also wrote a poem/text

The Wild Star

Amist the starry ocean
    lies untold secrets
    worlds never found
    unsolved mysteries

But one of them
    has a unique appeal
    a dangerous savage planet
    ruins of an legend

Eldan's civilization
    a marvel of the universe
    strangely vanished in oblivion
    leaving crumbs to be followed

And the story begins,
    all breed of adventurers
    travels to this world
    entering an endless conflict

Wars, discoveries, intriguing biology
    settlements are slowly built
    groups battling for dominion
    for freedom or bragging rights

But under the surface
    there's a quest to follow
    something's missing
    waiting to be uncovered

Do you have what it takes
    to survive the hostilities
    on the planet that is now
    all the rage in the galaxy?

Welcome to Nexus.
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  9. Hawk Sungrifter

Hawk Sungrifter New Cupcake

First and foremost I would like to nominate the AltTabMe community and more specifically the podcasters. The videos have been submitted on the first page (tr1age) so I won't clutter this up. These videos have brought many people to the WildStar community as well as lurkers and applicants to the guild.

The next group that I would like to nominate would be the Late Night Dominion cast of BlankSpace, Nyxis, Aegon and Beetle. They make their stream quite entertaining.

Finally, to the detriment of my summer and schoolwork I would like to nominate myself because I tell all my fraaaaands and whenever I find news/tweets/updates I like to share them with our community as well as discuss all the speculation I can when we get new bits of information. Since I'm not artistic, this about it that I can think about game-wise to help - just keep spreading the word.

Good Luck to everyone

/Rajax
    vicksen likes this.
  10. unindel

unindel Cupcake

I'd like to nominate @Anhrez from SettlerinExile.com for Pay it Forward. More than anyone else he's been a great support and help to me and others in the community and helped make it truly engaging. If he's not already in then I'd really like for him to be in the beta.

For my own submission I've been following the game and promoting its interesting design wherever I can. Probably most visibly I'm one of the cohosts at Gamebreaker.tv's weekly UDSP podcast (we've done 5 episodes now).
    Links: GBTV Page; YouTube Links:

I'm confident I can continue to serve the community in that role while respecting the NDA if I do get into the beta, but I'm totally aware of that as an obstacle and understand if I'm passed over for that reason.

Besides participating in the UDSP podcasts, I've also tried to create interesting interactive content for the community in the form of my CBC item guides/tools:
    Initial Guide posted on May 24 based on Gortok's posts here at WSC
    Updated Tool thanks to Gortok's comments and information posted today

Basically I've been trying the entire time to help the community to understand how WildStar's systems are designed and help sate the appetite this community has for content with the best quality stuff I can make in my own time. Hopefully I can continue to contribute to the community in both an explanatory role as I have been and as a contributor in the form of add-ons and more tools like I've made before.
    Arawulf, Kethrym, Usiris and 5 others like this.
  11. mereth

mereth New Cupcake

Hey there, Carbine!
    This is the contribution of me and my fiancee - we're 19 years old, from Bulgaria, and are getting married this August! Go us! Anyways... Ever since we beat Hardcore Inferno Diablo together we've been looking for a great game to play together and almost a year ago we found it! Ever since then we've been eating up every little piece of news that goes up on the internet. We truly love the artstyle, setting, humour, Firefly-esque atmosphere and references and most of all - the combat of Wildstar! Well, our love for your game isn't why we're here, besides, I could go on forever! On to the contribution!

When you announced the Pay-It-Forward campaign we were kind of bummed out. We realized that despite our care for Wildstar we'd done nothing for the Wildstar Community as a whole! Might be because of our busy lives - we've got university, two cats, and an upcoming wedding to take care of - but that was the sad truth and we had to face it.

We were determined to do something about it. We really wanted help out, contribute to the community. So we asked ourselves - what does the community really want? What is the innermost desire of every person on this planet that is interested in Wildstar? After weeks of research, we came up with the answer - BETA KEYS! Yes! Believe it or not - everybody wants beta keys!

Well, that's our contribution - thousands upon thousands of beta keys for the Wildstar Community!

Click through for the full picture!
    [​IMG]
    Click through for the full picture!

P.S. I have to thank my lovely fiancee Yoanna for baking the cupcakes and creating the Beta-Scrolls! Big thanks to her little sister for providing us with the toys! The mammoth is ours though. We won him from an arcade game and called him Betacrave! Isn't he cute?

P.P.S. We wanted to do a ton more, but we both have exams right now to take care of. Thankfully, they're all over in 3 days for me and 7 for Yo! We hope you liked our contribution, we know we LOVED doing it! It was tons of fun! Also, @Team_Wildstar did favourite and reply to our submission, so we know at least one Carbine person enjoyed our little creation! We're hopeful!

That's all for now, hope to hear from you guys!
  12. Mathusala

Mathusala New Cupcake

I have very little experience in photoshop but I sat down and took about 8 hours to come up with this for the submission. I hope you guys like it.

[​IMG]

I also created a new guild website and have the worked with all of my current guild to migrate over to wildstar. We are all very excited and can't wait to get started.
    www.risingpowerguild.com
  13. Trams87

Trams87 New Cupcake

Two co-leaders for the Wildstar branch of the guild Outcry Gaming launched a comprehensive forum for perspective players to have in-depth conversations and look into the game.

Here is a link to our entry portal and forum: http://wildstar.outcrygaming.com/

[​IMG]

Our names are Trams87 (Smart Hopewell on FB) and Lily (Ashlyn Mae O'Harra on FB). Outcry gaming hosts many games, and so has a large audience. We already have dozens of players very interested in the game. We are on the forum daily, fielding questions for prospective players. We are in Vent daily discussing the game. We comb the internet for interesting blogs and webcasts for our members to view. One of the things we love to tell interested people is that Wildstar has a lot of humor in it, unlike lots of other games, and that is part of what is going to make it a great success. We are total fans and can not wait to bring our whole clan over into possible CBT access or whenever the final launch is set.

Not only has it be fun and enjoyable to see all the content posted daily on the Wildstar facebook page and/or website it's truly been great to dive head first into all the rich pre-gameplay content this includes listening to podcast or watching live streams or VOD - (Video On Demand) via Twtich.tv or Youtube. Hence why we're very active within our guild.

We're also really looking forward in being able to engage in the on-going Wildstar community at large and hoping we can add something new and fresh to the mix whether it be additional add on's as mentioned in the latest Wildcast podcast episode 4 or perhaps providing additional info on great in-game resource locations for new or old players.

All in all it would be no understatement to say that we're "insanely" excited about Wildstar "insanely" is the word and whether or not we're chosen out of many to be including in CBT has no baring on the passion we have for a game that has truly become and answer to many MMO concerns and prayers for perhaps far to many years.

So I Trams87 on behalf of both myself and Lily and all of us over at Outcry Gaming, we'd like to thank you for taking the oppertunity to even read or look at our content and we hope you enjoyed checking it out as much as we did creating it.

Many Thanks
    Trams87 & Lily
    Welcome To Nexus!!!!!.....Cupcake ;D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  14. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

Well.. For one thing, I've followed the instructions of that scary Granok on your website, so I signed up forbeta. I'm still afraid of him since sometimes, he's yelling at me. :oops:

The another thing I did for Wildstar: I've proudly signed the petition for saving the rowsdowers. We need to find new homes for those poor little plush creatures, and I believe, the fans could provide them safe shelter from the evil killers of nexus.

I also made and provided a facebook profile picture for Pyromancer. He loved it, and it made me very happy! :) This is the picture: [​IMG]

Another good thing, that I'm a web-programmer and I looove Huston (Based on your words and demonstrations), so I want to make add-ons in the future. :)

And lastly, I know it isn't much, but I'm one of the community moderators of this lovely website and demolisher of NDA breaks :)

I also want to nominate Mr.Scott Hawkes aka Jarimor, Farhan Siddiqi aka unindel, Garry Gannon aka Garry Gannon, Richie Procopio aka Bog Otter (Gamebreaker.tv crew), and all of my fellow moderators here at WSC. And of course Nyxis, Extatica and Kataryna. :D
  15. MassFragg

MassFragg Cupcake

Well, I have no artistic ability. I can't make a good video or a cool desktop. What I can do however, is spread the word of Wildstar. I have my gaming page on facebook (www.facebook.com/massfragg) that I use to share Wildstar info. I stream games and tweet posts from every source of wildstar info that I can find. The closest thing I can do to art is weavesilk. I made a few weavesilks and attached them to my imgur account for your pleasure. Hope you enjoy!
    http://imgur.com/a/An16D
  16. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Wow, this is some AMAZING and IMPRESSIVE stuff.

Anyway, my My Pay it Forward submission is all about an unsung heroine of the community I met at Arkship EU, Cerys Harmer! https://www.facebook.com/cerys.vaux

Cerys was kind, inviting, funny, and a joy to be around at Arkship. She helped to bring Ender and myself authentic Brighton Rock Candy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_(confectionery) ), and was no small part I'm sure in getting me a new keyboard from Gazimoff when he didn't need his winnings.

At one moment during our time there, I remarked how generous she was. I believe she acted like it's just HOW you're supposed to be. This is the kind of person who doesn't act generous or kind to get anything, she just EXISTS as generous, and expects little or nothing in return. It's my opinion that we should give these kind of people the world, mainly because they don't ask for it.

It was wonderful to meet her and very sweet to know her. I am so psyched she's a big part of the WildStar community, and it's people like her who make us shine. Sometimes they may be unsung as they are modest, but they deserve to be acknowledged as the fantastic people they are.

So Pay it Forward, this shout out goes to Cerys!

-Patrician
  17. cmdragonfire

cmdragonfire New Cupcake

I have some crazy fanart :D.
    Just kidding its terrible lol. Well I tried XD
    IMG_2742.JPG
    Duto, SarahDuckie and Prodominate like this.
  18. Evolva

Evolva Cupcake

I made this video because i believe Wildstar needs an epic trailer. A trailer that after you see it you feel the need to play or purchase the game.

So i used heroic music with synchronized video where i try to show a bit of everything Wildstar will have. The first minute is just a teaser so please don't stop watching there :)

I hope you enjoy it.

blaizou and BaltHa like this.
  19. Macros_Cosmos

Macros_Cosmos New Cupcake

Not going to sit here and pretend like I've done a whole lot. But I took that image from the Team Wildstar twitter and used it on my server book that I use for work. It's something I have with me all day, I have it out in the open for majority of the day, and I just thought it was cool. Gotten a few friends interested in the game cause of course they ask what it's about. But yeah. This is my contribution

[​IMG]
  20. Zulunko

Zulunko New Cupcake

This may be the most random submission here, but I come from the Wildstar subreddit. I'm an active contributor there, but I'm sure many other people can say the same. The thing that stands out about my contributions is that I put significant thought into the points I make. I have been known to break the comment length limit, writing a comment which is nearly 2000 words long. A few of my fellow redditors have recommended that I make full posts out of some of my more in-depth comments in order to increase the visibility of my posts. I haven't done that yet, but I believe that such suggestions and the amount of acceptance my explanations have been met with in the community speak towards how effective my contributions are. I often spend more than an hour on my posts in the Wildstar subreddit, first writing them, then going back over them to make sure I'm as clear as possible, and finally spot-checking them for any inconsistencies. I approach the community from the standpoint of a fellow contributor; despite my in-depth commenting style, I know I am not always correct and I encourage those with dissenting opinions into some lengthy discussion. While my volume of posts may be small in comparison to others, I present a steady (albeit slow) flow of insight from a carefully considered viewpoint, and I have no plans of ending my contributions in the future.

In addition, I am a programmer by profession and I would love to start developing some UI Addons for this game. I never got into it in WoW (I quit before I entered University), but now that I've graduated and moved on to bigger and better things, I want to start with Wildstar. Being a hardcore raider, I will probably find myself developing theorycrafting tools or UI mods to streamline gameplay for people with similar playstyles. Worst-case scenario, I wait until all the information is released prior to making a third-party tool for organizing how certain gear affects your real stats (displaying milestones based on stat values, showing real values (mitigation, etc) based on the more granular stats, etc). Best-case scenario I can jump-start into that by beginning development (without releasing any of it, of course) prior to launch.

I will end my traditional wall-of-text style short here. My reddit user is Zulunko and you can judge my contributions yourself. Apologies if this came across as too informal. I can't wait to see what you guys reveal next!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.