1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The WildStar Community Pays it Forward, Here!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Aether, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taskun56

Taskun56 New Cupcake

Well, looking at some of these submissions I can't help but feel underpowered by comparison.

As far as my submission goes, I have been spreading a grassroots campaign on Facebook and inside a few other games. I would not be so rude as to post on the forums of these games but as an avid raider in many MMOs I have many guilds that have players, not unlike myself, that have become interested in Wildstar.

I have garnered a few followers of the page through this method. Somewhere around 20 people, that I personally know, are "Like"-ing the page and spreading the word to their friends and family. I would say that, while this isn't an especially artistic submission it is necessary to garner the hype that any MMO needs on their release. I also work for a gaming retail store and have been busily handing out crudely made (as I said I'm not particularly artistic, myself) business cards with the Wildstar URL.

I think this is still an important submission because any MMO needs a certain amount of hype and player base to be truly successful. For every friend I tell they may tell two more friends, and so on. I suspect that many copies would be sold on release just because of the way gamers tend to network.

Of course, I understand that if I were to be accepted into the beta I would not breach the NDA that we would be required to sign. However, I can promise to continue spreading the word with the same fervor that I have since I first learned about Wildstar late last year.

Thanks for taking the time to read my submission. I hope to see some of you on Nexus!

P.S. After reading the Polygon interview regarding Wildstar art I am saddened to learn that Cory Loftis is no longer on the artistic team. I am glad he found a home in Disney as he has an eye for good animation style. However, I am happy to see Mocarski leading the effort to keep Wildstar with a truly unique look. The art is what first piqued my curiosity. That's saying something because I am usually not so swayed by animations and texture alone. First time for everything eh? :)
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  2. spencerBAXLEY

spencerBAXLEY Cupcake-About-Town

Dex Charisma and Ribak like this.
  3. Machiav

Machiav New Cupcake

Hello everyone,

So for my contribution...I recently started getting into Photoshop and Illustrator so I decided I would try out some fan art (for once). Below is my Exiles propaganda which is that they love being hated by the Dominion

[​IMG]

Next is my Dominion Propaganda. I figured they just needed a chance to get their message out there that they are not necessarily the bad guys.

[​IMG]

I have also been participating with the Twitter community and getting all of my former WoW/SWTOR guildies that are in MMO limbo excited about Wildstar.

Finally, what probably carries the least weight because I haven't had a chance to do it yet...I plan to create mods for the community once I get a chance to see the Wildstar UI modification system. I've always enjoyed creating different UIs and cannot wait to see what I can do in Wildstar.

Hope you guys enjoy the artwork!
  4. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

Hey Carbine, Ive been Doing Some fan Art before "Pay it forward week, here are some of those pictures.

first is A Vs. image that i wanted to be very Realistic. An Aurin Vs. A Draken. fighting over the plant.
    [​IMG]

Then I wanted to do some 3D Models, But Models from Cory loftis Concept sketches, so I chose both the fan favorite Rosdower and the Boar like creature. I love how unique Wildstar Animals are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I wanted to create something that was Specificity for "Pay it forward" When I heard of it I thought of the Dominion and how they require people to "Pay IT forward" to them. The Throne is also made of the other Exile Races.
    [​IMG]

I might Do the Exiles Pay it forward, even after the contest is over, so i have a nice matching set, But with the Exiles its going to be the "Work Hard" type of Pay it forward.

I would also like to Nominate Zap-Robo, and the mods of WSC because without his efforts we would not have a Community site as great as this!
    Valdana, Chim, Vodka19 and 17 others like this.
  5. Rinzley

Rinzley New Cupcake

I made this kit Brinny Picture sometime in February, obviously because Kit is completely adorbz :3
    Funnily enough, I worked on it on and off for about a week, about half an hour every day, but I never put much energy into actually finishing it until a friend of mine made his own Kit drawings. And then I just had to finish it... really quickly ^^

Best wishes and good luck to everyone else here tonight :)

Attached Files:

Dex Charisma likes this.
  6. Powersimon

Powersimon Cupcake

So much awesomeness!

Both me and my girlfriend have been super stoked for this for a long time now. We've decided what paths, classes and races we want to choose and therefore I've created this piece of fan art to illustrate how we're going to wreak havoc (I'm obviously the granok. Rawr!)! I haven't drawn much fan art before, but the Wildstar art style is too awesome not to be fanart'ed!

wildstarFinalFullHD.jpg

(High-res version here! http://i.imgur.com/PY2q6RA.jpg )
  7. Whoosher

Whoosher New Cupcake

Hi all,

nothing spectacular - but we all know - It's the small things in life ;)

To take away the soundtrack, which was made available on the Soundcloud page, I recorded them in real time as mp3 and uploaded them to dropbox.

Link available here.

The link itself was published (Blatant advertising inc!!!) on the (currently only?) German fansite Wildstar-Online.de

Cheers
  8. Kendei

Kendei Cupcake

I've posted this before on your facebook page, but here it is again!
    What inspired me? Well. To be honest, I was discussing the game with several friends through various internet messengers, none of whom are acquainted with each other. After sharing my thoughts and desire to play the game, and after a few beers, I decided "Hey! Maybe I should write them a poem lololol!"

So I did. And this is it.

WildStar, WildStar, words cannot describe
    How much I wish you’d accept this little bribe.
    I long to see the humans do human things
    And wish to see the ass kicking that the Granok race brings.
    I must admit that the Draken also look quite badass and fun
    Especially since I’m not into furries (Read: Aurin are cute, but dumb).
    The Mechari are mechanical, and that’s just fine
    While the Cassian are sort’ve-human, and apparently enjoy.. wine?
    From what I can tell, this game’s got a lot of class
    Though I likely won’t enjoy a Stalker unstealthing to beat my ass.
    Or a warrior for that matter, with their large swords and shields
    Nor a spellslinger, shooting me with guns until I yield.
    I’ve always been a fan of psionics, the Esper makes me swoon
    Though I absolutely cannot wait to see what else is "coming soon."
    The pathing seems incredibly fun, that I cannot doubt
    But the housing system is something that I’m all about.
    Personal nodes, decorations, buffs—are you kidding me?
    It’s something so great that I make sure all of my friends see.
    WildStar, WildStar, I hope you can tell I tried.
    So please open your beta, maybe let me inside?
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  9. Crake

Crake New Cupcake

I'd like to nominate Alt[Tab]Me's podcast members for this. Tr1age, Gyoin, Zakis, ThatOneGuy, PsionicFox. They have been regularly releasing great podcasts and encouraging discussions on alttabme.com that have been great for the community. One of the few things out there that helps ease the pain of the wait :)
    vicksen likes this.
  10. Airea Proudears

Airea Proudears New Cupcake

11. Gazimoff

Gazimoff Cupcake-About-Town

This is probably going to sound unusual coming from a journalist, but there's just one person I'd like to nominate for Pay it Forward.

That person is my fantastic wife Cerys aka Molotovchicken. Quite simply, she's been a huge fan of WildStar ever since we saw the first trailer back in August 2011. It was her that encouraged me to research into the game - a suggestion that ultimately led to me becoming a professional last year.

Every time I'm transcribing an interview, researching an article or writing until the early hours to hit a deadline, she's there looking after me. When I've needed to talk through an idea or angle for a story, she's been a fantastic sounding board. And when I've needed to just chill in an online world somewhere, she's a fantastic companion to have in-game. If I'm honest, I doubt I could do this job without her, and I'm certain I owe a lot of my success to her.

Cerys also helps to keep my ego in check and my feet on the ground. I know I'm nowhere near perfect, but she's helped to steer me away from several bad predicaments. :)
  12. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Hey there everyone.

I'd like to nominate FateFlyer and ruff_ethereal as two outstanding community members that I believe deserve to be included in the ongoing beta tests. To be honest I want to nominate all of the fine people over at Wildstar-Roleplay, I've never met such a dedicated and gracious community of people and they all deserve to get in, so just go over there and start throwing invites around.

As far as my contributions to the community...

I don't have a fancy website, blog, or nifty video series however I have tried my best to make do with a single thread here at Wildstar-Central.

[​IMG]

I also create female Draken fan-art

[​IMG]

Also some comics that nobody likes

[​IMG]
    Nethyyahell, Valdana, Kenyar and 23 others like this.
  13. Hockenberry

Hockenberry New Cupcake

I have no grand skills with photoshop or video editing software. Songs? While I enjoy them, it is phenomenally difficult to create a good one. Sure, I've told people about Wildstar, but I would imagine that almost every person posting in this thread has spread the word in some way.

What have I, then, contributed? Aside from the occasional reddit post, not much. I would love to be in the beta to help, sure, but I recognize that many individuals put in far greater effort than I in this arena.

I mainly just want to give a big thanks to this community -- player and developer side -- for the way in which this game has been handled so far. It is refreshing to see strong communication take place between those who are interested and those who are "in the know." Although the hype train has begun to rumble down the tracks of 2013, heedless of many aspects of expectation and reality, I hope that the positivity of the Wildstar community remains the same.

My input and contribution? Some suggestions:
    • WSC has been excellent about not showing forbidden material. Reddit? Not so much. If we want nice things, we must behave. Moderate!
    • Remember that this game will not be perfect. Nothing is perfect. One or two disappointing features, however, will not "kill" the game.
    • Wildstar is Wildstar. Not Wow or GW2 or X or Y. Comparisons can be useful, but we, as a gaming community, tend to put far too much emphasis on them.
    • Most of all -- have fun! This is a game. Games are fun. Smile! Play! Enjoy!
    So, carry on brave community! I wish all who have submitted luck.
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  14. skillotine

skillotine New Cupcake

Hi wildstar! Im nominating myself because i have a large group of friends(around 25) who ive gotten to basically be on the edge of their seat to play wildstar(religiously checking emails for news and beta invites =P) everyday i scour the internet for new tidbits of info on wildstar, whether its videos or just posts here and there., and then relay all that ive found to them and anyone else who is willing to listen(and sometimes not willing ;)) I feel like allowing me in to help test( ive tested many other mmo's as well) would allow me to keep them better informed and quite possibly get alot more of my friends interested to play wildstar when it comes out.anyway thank you for taking the time to review my nomination, and keep up the good work :)
  15. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

I'll be updating this post here as I proceed to more and more desperate attempts at earning a beta key :p

-Well the biggest single thing I've done would be the crafting of the Wildstar Love Mallet. Simple joke but that took quite a bit of work! Especially since I didn't have big enough drill bit to make the hole for shaft. Took me 2 hours to make the hole big enough! Oh well, it was well worth the effort. Converted a few folks to join the Wildstar community and re-purposed it as a wedding gift for my ma and stepda after renaming it "The Argument Resolver" :D

-As I'm a PC tech, I've been helping out a few folks with computer issues here on Wildstar Central and I've helped another few fellas build a whole new PCs to play Wildstar with.

-Posted a few Wildstar fliers in my city's supermarket notice boards, along with the notice boards of a couple high schools and vocational colleges.

-Joking around the forums here spreading laughter and spacebunny love to all my fellow Exiles. No love for you Dominion meanies!

-Made a nice piece of "art" in Skyrim!
    Davey Diablo and ruff_ethereal like this.
  16. Tanoth

Tanoth New Cupcake

I'd like to nominate OffTree, krigarrr, Skipper13 and myself (Tanoth) for creating a thread on the WildStar Subreddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar) to take in applications and create raidgroups shortly after the 40 man raid tests were announced.

We have gone through 300+ applicants and arranged three groups of 50-55 people each (40 plus reserves!). Two of which are in the US timezones and one in EU.

We can be found over at http://www.reddit.com/r/WSRefugees and would love to be able to enter the beta to better figure out how to compose our raid.
    krigar likes this.
  17. Mextli

Mextli New Cupcake

I nominate the humor of Wildstar/Carbine. It is real refreshing to see a group of people take such joy in producing something that i believe they love. Love how they involve humor in almost everything they do, dont see too many people do that with MMOs.
    Noxx likes this.
  18. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I haven't actually drawn any art, made music, or wrote stories. I did, however, make this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/WildStar

I have also consistently left reviews and comments on others works, like in the excellent Tales from the Fleet by EldritchSandwich (here: http://www.wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/c-tales-from-the-fleet.1501/) and plenty more in WSRP (here, please don't mind the RP: http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/profile/5048337/posts) and a couple more here in WSC (click my "Postings" tab, if you don't mind, here: http://www.wildstar-central.com/index.php?members/ruff_ethereal.1926/)

I know it's not actually creative work, but I believe that giving feedback and gushing over how awesome the work the community makes is equally important, if not more so. How else are they supposed to know how much we love their work?
    Silver likes this.
  19. krigar

krigar New Cupcake

Hi, I've been following the game intensely for almost a year now, devouring every piece of news I could come across. When you announced the 40 raid test I finally saw my chance of giving something back.

Me and 3 other extremely dedicated and hard-working individuals organized a dedicated reddit raid force, made up entirely of loyals fans from the Wildstar sub-reddit. We got close to 400(!) people who signed up, each going into detail about their gaming history and what they could bring to our raid force. We were blown away by the respons and decided to make 2 US raid groups and 1 EU raid, organizing and leading close to 200 dedicated people.

We've made a sub-reddit devoted to this single cause and there's a good chance that it will turn into a full fledged guild once the game launches, please feel free to check it out: http://www.reddit.com/r/WSRefugees/

So in closing I would like to nominate myself and my 3 co-raid leaders!

Regards,
    Krigar
  20. FateHolder

FateHolder New Cupcake

I might not win... but I thought this would be cool to make!! Thanks for the Facebook photo, WildStar Facebook Cover!! ;)! I can't wait for WildStar, unfortunately I got here kinda late! Just stumbled apon WildStar after countless MMORPGs had stunk... I've tried countless MMOs! But, I believe that WildStar is going to be different and I was hoping to give it a shot!!

So without further ado... my reaction if I was accepted to Wildstar Beta would look something like this....
    LET ME PLAY BETA.png
    Trams87, Chim and vicksen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.