1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The WildStar Community Pays it Forward, Here!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Aether, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapphire25

Sapphire25 New Cupcake

Here is my pay it forward submission. It's the first fan art I have ever done.
    I took the "Meet the ___" videos for inspiration and tried to make it a bit more realistic while still keeping some of the cartoony feel. I'm horrible at digital art, so I stuck to full graphite. This took me about 12 hours. 20130619_143942_by_blacksapphire257-d69qrlw.jpg
  2. Mongelo

Mongelo New Cupcake

I have made a trailer for Wildstar. It was so much fun to do it and I desperatley want a beta key of course which is why I did it :D I just downloaded all the epic videos about Wildstar out there and started mixing them together and I had a blast doing it. Here is the result! See you on Nexus., in this beta or the next!
  3. FailureToReport

FailureToReport New Cupcake

Its Tuesday evening, 8:37 to be exact..........7 minutes late for the raid to start yet again...damn having to PUG...

Raid chat is eerie silent as the raid leader sits in fleet trying to find more people to raid the endgame content...

After 15 minutes the raid leader finally fills the last spot on the 16man raid......and they commence.

The group zones in, and begins clearing the trash out, gets to the first boss, and the PUG tank asks if everyone is ready......and immediately pulls......after a few short seconds of the tank losing aggro every 3 seconds, and the DPS jacking up every mechanic......the raid is wiped......as all 16 players zones in, the members of The Imperial Order brace themselves for another rant from their fearless guild leader...

"God dammit! This is why I am quiting this damn game, has Wildstar come out yet? Who do I have to sell my soul to for a release date!?!?!"

One of the non-guild raiders asks in Mumble "What is WildStar?...." NOOOOOOOOOOO the guild thinks, but too late, as the guild leader responds ...

"Why.....funny you should ask, I present to you a plethora of YouTube enjoyment while we wait for the tank to figure out how to play his class!" And so the Mumble server's chat log scrolls at seemingly speed of light pace as YouTube links and Website addresses are copy/pasted into the Mumble chat log...

This is every Tues/Wed/Thu for The Imperial Order on SW: The Old Republic....

Every raid day, I vent my misery of being stuck in that god forsaken MMO by playing Overt WildStar Advertiser in raid chat.(I hate SW:TOR, but because of the friends I made there I refuse to abandon MMOs by taking up Minecraft and exiling myself from MMOs until WildStar releases.)

The playerbase in SW:TOR is horrible, all the endgame talent pool quit that game in the beginning because the mechanics were simple enough that my 6yr old filled in for me on a few raids while I received impromptu "Honey Do" chores, and all the players who DO know what they are doing have been in the servers top few raiding guilds since launch. So our guild suffers through trying to do Pick Up Groups to fill in our raid roster every week, and when they eventually turn into a nightmare, I use that oppurtunity to share with my guild the most recent WildStar news, and to educate feeble information deprived minds on WHAT WildStar is....they all eventually thank me for changing their lives by bringing them the prospect of Hope and Change that is Nexus....and that is how I have been paying it forward unto Nexus, word of mouth is a terrifying power!
  4. FrozenlandPT

FrozenlandPT Cupcake

Hello Carbine,

I must say I didn't do anything in special comparing to this guys who submitted in here, they are wonderful and they really love the game.

I did though expand the game news in the Portuguese community in the biggest game forum called ZWAME (my nick there is PetraPT) and I am all around WSC, reddit and other forums, aside for that I didn't do anything.

BUT I will give you one of the most appreciate assets of my life: My time
    I have alot's of it and I already spend most of my days with the community, reading and writing but IF I was in the beta I would spend most of it trying to complete what a beta tester is suppose to do, test and report, and I can guarantee that I will report all my playing time so that you guys can improve the game with my help also because I don't want to play the game, I want to help the game more than I want to play it (for now ofc).

Aside for that I would love to write stories, but that is a different stuff.
    Davey Diablo likes this.
  5. Porthos

Porthos New Cupcake

I feel that my contribution pales by comparison, partly to only just getting my free time back thanks to college.
    I am a member of WSRP, and have been since February. I wouldn't even consider myself a great member, as frankly I am foul mouthed, inappropriate and snarky. Despite this, I have become almost like furniture, leaving the WSRP chat box open behind things while I am at my computer, to give advice, point out information, or just make people laugh at the occasional double-entendre or slightly disturbing, but loosely connected to the conversation, youtube video link.

I regularly say the sort of things that people feel they shouldn't, I'm abrasive when rubbed the wrong way, but I'm truthful about people and myself, and wear my heart on my sleeve, I don't make any qualms about who I am, and there are those who respect me for that. (and it always makes me feel fuzzy when someone says "thank you for being a d**k so I don't have to")

I also managed to get lucky, and managed to get an invite (as Fenwick's +1) to the EU Arkship event, where I did my best to give as much RP community focused feedback, and air concerns that some of the RP community had, as I could.(And I apologise to Aether again that me and Fenwick did not shut the hell up over dinner).

I have no artistic skill, I cant sing, or compose music, and I have a graduation coming up soon, so full facial Granok tattoos are kind of out of the question. What I do, however, is write. And although I haven't had enough time recently to do much writing (my suessian rhyme about the classes of wildstar is still stuck on the second stanza), I have managed one 3 part short story about my character.
    http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/forum/m/11410152/viewthread/6082520-cruel-sun

I also occasionally photoshop silly images, including this little piece summing up the horrible parasitic relationship that the WSRP community has with Chad Moore's twitter account.
    http://s18.postimg.org/bzdhnqr6h/twittersnax.jpg

I also promise that I will give any beta invites to orphans. Sick orphans.
    Fenwick, Davey Diablo and Silver like this.
  6. Madix-3

Madix-3 New Cupcake

Alright. You want commitment? I will give you commitment.
    Here is my epic story of trying to be a beta tester for Wildstar.
    First of all, I told all my friends about it, got my whole guild to join the Beta program and rung up my whole street, asking if they had yet heard of the glory of Wildstar. They didn't. I showed them. You now have a bunch of 85-year old beta invitees.
    But that wasn't enough. So I started asking around. I had heard of a tough gang ruling the streets of LA. Allegedly, they would give a Beta invite to everyone who joined their crew, but I dunno. The recruiter looked kinda shady. (Picture Evidence 1: $2 Bills make everyone badass, right?) He also seemed to like kittens. Weird guy.
    Afterwards, I went back to Germany.
    Hiding in front of the NCsoft offices, I thought I'd "ask" an employee if they had beta keys to spare. However, someone was waiting there already. He looked armed and dangerous and before <REDACTED> could hit the fan, I high-tailed the hell outta there. (Picture Evidence 2: Them fingers are dangerous)
    I realized I would be the last person to enter the game at this rate, so I recently took a vow of awesome and entered a secret Wildstar Monastery where I train to log in the fastest way possible when the servers come online. I also picked up Kung-Fu on the way, but I can't talk about that, because my master would kill me if I revealed his secrets. He's kind of a douche like that. (Picture Evidence 3: Because Masters always look grumpy)

... also, my previous offer still stands.
    If I get a beta invite, not only will I masterfully report bugs, exploit ALL the glitches and write regular reports on the forums, but I will also bring German fruitcake to your booth at GamesCom.
    You want proof the cake is not a lie? (Picture evidence 4: some assembly required. Will provide assembly if invited to beta.)
    Picture evidence 1 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/5a8.jpg/
    Picture Evidence 2 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/q7m4.jpg/
    Picture Evidence 3 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/6l5u.jpg/
    Picture Evidence 4 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/oxm4.jpg/

P.S. Should the number of invitees be severely limited, I'd voluntarily draw back my entry for people who have spent hours upon hours of drawing comics and doing HD artwork. This thread is amazing to read through!
  7. DiscoNinjaFrog

DiscoNinjaFrog New Cupcake

For the pay it forward week, I drew a Fanart of my favorite character from the trailers : Phineas T. Rotostar.

[​IMG]

I made this because, even though he's my favorite, I'm pretty sure an evil mastermind sleeps in his vertically stretched brain and he's not only on Nexus to sell comfy houses, but also to seize control it's riches. It's my way of telling every Nexians to be careful around Mr. Rotostar, to think before giving him all their Space Credits and to never forget that money can buy everything... even planet Nexus. So instead of giving him money, why not give it all to the Dominion ? We won't buy weaponry and robots to enslave you. We swear! :sneaky:
    Valdana, Kenyar, Str8ac3 and 11 others like this.
  8. Bullroarer

Bullroarer New Cupcake

My efforts revolve around the most interesting (to me) character released so far... J P Higginbottom.

To pay homage I have begun to grown out my facial hair (beyond it's normal, strict boundaries) so that at launch I might sport the fearsome facial fracas that graces my main Granok.

Here is the growth so far. From all accounts it is ready...just waiting on a date now.[​IMG]
    Gyoin, vicksen and Powersimon like this.
  9. Sanasol

Sanasol New Cupcake

I made a website to bring Russian players in the game, and also look forward to create the largest Russian community. There are high-quality translations of information and news on Russian language. During 11 months since site creation it was visited by order of 5,000 (unique) people. wildstar-mmo.ru
    Proof [​IMG]
    Draxus, Fishsticks and Dex Charisma like this.
  10. Riuuki

Riuuki Cupcake

I have decided to omnominate Ayora.

He really loves WildStar, even enough to do cosplay just to show that!

Not to mention he's very dedicated at trying to make WSC a welcoming place for each and every WildStar fan that enters this site.

Also we all totally wanna see his Aurin cosplay. ;)

What else is there? Awesome person, awesome fan, awesome choice.
    Opie Macleod likes this.
  11. Shiverous

Shiverous New Cupcake

Hey WildStar Community!

Seeing as a lot of people are way too eager to get into the Beta and some want to sell organs to get into the beta and some even suggest an estimate as to when they'll get into the Beta, for all of the aforementioned I created an image in response to all of them.

Here you go Cupcake!
    ==> http://imgur.com/7V6voN3 <==

P.S. Photoshop skills are bad
    Davey Diablo and Dex Charisma like this.
  12. trix

trix New Cupcake

Hello! Trix here. My community contribution would probably be best described as making people rage in TF2 by turning them into ice statues (Forgive me Carbine D:)and drooling over epicness of the wildstar with my guildies. I mostly just participate in community events such as the Eldan games and community game nights and listen to the various shows, the townhalls, and awesome community music at turntable :D

But here are a few things I did in Minecraft to show my love for the Dominion :D
    The dominion symbol:
    [​IMG]
    My exile prisoners in which I fought hard to capture:
    [​IMG]
    Sometimes.... Extreme measures must be taken.
    [​IMG]
    Oh no! A wild ugly Granok has appeared:
    [​IMG]
    Oh man, he used Cannon volley(From patch notes :D) :
    [​IMG]
    Pfft the short cast time is no match for my reflexes:
    [​IMG]
    Dominion: 1 Exile 0:
    [​IMG]
    Kethrym, NocPat, Dex Charisma and 2 others like this.
  13. Azalus

Azalus Cupcake

My story is a fairly simple one. I found a link to the What is Wildstar? video one day and immediately fell in love, looking up all the information about the game I could.

Afterwards I proceeded to show that video and others to my military brethren, and sent e-mails with the links to all my friends back home. I stalked the WSC forums for a while, learning what I could, and paid attention to WSW to make sure I had all the information I could at my disposal.

Then when I saw a person here who needed a question answered, and I had the answer, I enlightened them. I know that there are many other people on here who have done the same thing, quite a few to a much larger degree, and think that they should be the ones to get the invite.

Nominations like Zap-Robo, Kataryna, and Extatica always jump out at me as providing for and adding their input to the community as well, and I think they'd deserve an invite LONG before me.

But, as I love Wildstar as much as I do, I also have to nominate myself for providing word of mouth and information to all of my gaming friends, and former military family, and answering questions here that hadn't been answered yet. Good luck to all who enter.
  14. Maximo

Maximo New Cupcake

Here's my Pay it Forward submission!

This drawing features my explosive excitement of going to planet Nexus! The planet itself explodes and reveals a key for me to grasp! I also sent this to all my friends!

Much love from Puerto Rico!
    -Juan Delgado

Attached Files:

vicksen and Prodominate like this.
  15. FaSkiL

FaSkiL New Cupcake

Hi, actually the Guild Master of Millenium for Wildstar, we will try our best to be one of the best guild on Wildstar.

I can't wait to play the game and Raid 40 ! PvE has always be my thing, I just LOVE It !

We news a lot on http://www.millenium.org/wildstar/ and we stream a lot, we talk about the game to our hardcore fanbase.

WebTVs : 20 Million views overall per month ( Our 3 TV )

We also talk about the game and our guild on the new French WebTV : http://www.eclypsia.com/fr/ZeratoR - Powerd By Razor. 6.500 viewers.

I do everything I can to spread the word, Wildstar is the next big thing, and I'm here to help you guys because I know how awesome It Is !

I was on the first Arkship EU, I made some news and stream about It too ( http://tiny.cc/y24zyw ), It would be awesome to contribute in the beta now :)

Thanks anyway, keep up the excellent work ( And Frost we need more video plz ! Dev speak are awesome ! )

Cu In game ( hopefully )
  16. Bread

Bread New Cupcake

It's definitely not much compared to many others in this thread, but I see no harm in trying.

I am quite active on the Gamebreaker.tv forums (Username is also Bread on there), and I've been trying to drum up some interest and keep a consistent discussion going concerning WildStar among that community. I have tried to help keep the community updated on WildStar Wednesday announcements, I am attempting to organizing a 40-man group for the raid test phase, and I have answered a few questions of community members concerning WildStar. The community over there may not be massive, but it definitely consists of a bunch of enthusiastic MMO players that I would love to help excite about WildStar.

I will also be one of two officer's for the upcoming Gamebreaker Nation guild WildStar division, so I will be playing a direct role in the Gamebreaker community in WildStar, which I personally cannot wait for!

Aside from those contributions, I have made sure to tell any real-life friends of mine who are current or previous MMO players about WildStar, and explain to them why the game excites me so much.
    Myrrdhinn likes this.
  17. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

well my best contributions to wildstar community to pay are those:

- this Mechari FanArt : http://nightmaresystem.deviantart.com/art/The-Cold-Science-of-Supremacy-371711919

- Working on this crazy little Chua fanart: http://nightmaresystem.deviantart.com/art/Chua-LineArt-381089580?q=gallery:nightmaresystem&qo=0

- Translate to spanish some lore for this mmorpg website ( I will continue when I have some more time): http://www.lootandcrafting.com/wildstar-conoce-al-dominio/

- and of course spam to all my friends about WildStar , videos, info, screens, etc... (some of them have a great hype right now xDDD)
    Davey Diablo and Dex Charisma like this.
  18. Duto

Duto New Cupcake

Hello everyone,

I'm a big fan of CubeCraft and then I decide to realize and share with you the template of Granok and Aurin :

The Granok and he's too angry :

[​IMG]

The pdf template of Granok (click image to download it) : [​IMG]

The Aurin and she's to angry too ;) :

[​IMG]

The pdf template of Granok (click image to download it) : [​IMG]

And now it's your turn to cut !

Note : I prepare for the next week the Rowsdowers sheep :p.

Duto
    Nethyyahell, Kenyar, Chim and 18 others like this.
  19. TeoH

TeoH Well-Known Cupcake

My intimidating and uniquely impressive contributions to the Wildstar community are reflected in over 50,000 words worth of questionable speculation about gameplay mechanics, circular and offensive arguments about the design of core MMO features, and monologues that show an unrelenting dedication to ensuring that nobody is allowed to be Wrong on the Internets.

These staggering accomplishments include but are not limited to:

- Asking the devs to give the mounts Mariokart style powersliding physics at least 4, probably 5 times.

- Insulting the gaming ability of various journalists who were unfortunate enough to be given the task of demonstrating gameplay on camera.

- Pointing out that the Wildstar logo was very obviously crafted as a parody of Bravestarr, just like the rest of the game, and that this is definitely not a bad thing.

- Writing so much drivel about the design subtleties of different MMO combat systems that i've been responsible for the death of multiple threads on the grounds that nobody wants to read that much bollocks about targetting systems TeoH I mean come on now.

- Succesfully living through at least 2 instances of Pyaray telling everyone how utterly fantastic his life is and how he's probably the luckiest <REDACTED> alive, and how incredible opportunities just fall out of the sky into his gold plated lap.

- Resisting the urge to bake a Wildstar cake as i'd really only end up eating it all myself anyway and that wouldn't be very good for my weight.

Look upon my works ye mighty, and despair.
    Apostate, Valdana, Mykol and 2 others like this.
  20. Yssuka

Yssuka New Cupcake

Hey guys!

It’s going to be hard with those awesome participations, but it’s OK BECAUSE WILDSTAR IS AWESOME TOO.

I was really existed about posting my contribution here, but I think she’s a little bit to long :D

The last two weeks, I wrote with another contributor a wiki for WILDSTAR at Wikipedia for french community. You can find it there : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildstar

Good luck everyone!
    Dex Charisma and Duto like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.