1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

The WildStar Community Pays it Forward, Here!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Aether, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatedTitan

FatedTitan New Cupcake

Wow! There are so many great submissions here!

For me, I haven't done some amazing YouTube viral video or made cool pictures or translated the lore or anything like that. What I have done is tell all my friends that play games about Wildstar. I've tried to bring my friends into W* because I know that playing with friends is more fun than playing alone. I guess I've done more grass roots advertising than anything.

I know that probably doesn't seem like much and probably isn't Beta invite worthy, but figured I'd tell ya what I've done and see what ya think. I'm pretty excited about Wildstar and even if I don't get a Beta invite, I'll be patiently awaiting it.
  2. Opie Macleod

Opie Macleod New Cupcake

My Contribution is a small Radio for the Wildstar Community, specifically created in conjunction with the Blacksky Role-Playing Guild.
    http://starfall-radio.com

There are live On-Air broadcasts done in-character. There are live Out of Character broadcasts for general game updates (not currently used during BETA). There is also an Off-Air continual Broadcast of music (and the occasional random Opie Rant IC). I currently do not record the live broadcasts, so there are no archived versions. Or more accurately, I do not share the recorded broadcasts. This is meant to give more of a tune-in or miss out feel.

I created this because I wanted to do something fun with Wildstar. I have been really been blown away by the caring and attention to the community that the WIldstar crew seems to have shown. There is this hope building. An idea that the developers have actually listened to the gamers. That they see the problems of MMO's and aren't looking to compete with this one or that one. Instead it seems that Wildstar is seeking to be THE Game. And that is my sincere hope to what it becomes.

Such a movement inspires action. It inspires creativity. And I found myself wanting to be immerse as much as possible into the realm of Wildstar. Upon joining a great Role-play community and guild (BlackSky!!!) to begin that process an idea was formed to have some sort of media involved. I ran with the idea. I wanted something that would put me in the world. Barring a magic BETA invite or trans-dimensional travel, radio seemed like the next best thing. And that is how it was started.

I owe the fun I have had with Starfall Radio to the Wildstar Community (you guys are awesome), Blacksky (love that guild), and f course to NCSoft and Carbine. Much Thanks it has been a blast and the game isn't even out yet. :D

Starfall Radio:
    Starfall. Independence. Freedom. Three words, the same meaning. An ideal that we are each born with the right to determine our own fate in the universe. That we are able to choose our direction in life and seek it out with dedication and hope. We Exiles will be celebrating the day once again. Starfall. Our belief that we are capable of living a free, prosperous life without the dictatorship and rule of an oppressive government.

I have dedicated my life to being the voice of the goof fight. Of standing up and making your way in the world - whatever you determine that way to be. We each have a role to play. We each have a path to follow. These things help us grow in our life and help the world around us grow. They are not meant to be controlled and restricted by a select few privileged individuals. We are all born into the universe equally and we all leave it equally. Why should anything in-between be different?

The message of Starfall Radio is one of personal empowerment. Of fighting the good fight and standing with your fellow brothers and sisters, regardless of race, and saying we are free. We are free to chose our path, our role, our direction. We are free to find a place to grow and thrive. We are free to help out all those in Nexus. And we are free to not put up with the criminal activity of gangs like the Darkspur Cartel or the tyranny of the Dominion.

This Thursday we celebrate Starfall. We celebrate our victories, we acknowledge our fallen and those that made this day possible. It is a day of new beginnings. Of new friends. Of new adventures. Of new hope. And when the celebration ends, Starfall Radio will be there to continue the spirit and message. We have a home, we have hope, we have a future, and we have our freedom.

((Quick Short Story involving the change in location of Starfall Radio. Link.))

-=-

EDIT: Created a New Reply for my Nominations of other WildStar community members. Instead of just updating this page again. #367 Nominations are for ShadowedSin and Taru Wildspark of BlackSky.
    Dex Charisma and vicksen like this.
  3. vicksen

vicksen Cupcake

There are SO MANY excellent submissions I cannot even begin to "like" them all (though I tried to get as many as I could!), nor could I ever expect to create anything that approaches the level of dedication these projects have elicited.

With that being said, I created an interpretive dance. It doesn't require a video as all it is is me, refreshing this thread and my inbox :)

But seriously, I'd like my submission be the nomination of every community member here at Wildstar central. This has been a fantastic place to meet fans, discuss the game, and dream about the day it releases so that we can all jump in and experience it all together. You guys are fantastic.

I'd like to bring special attention to the work that all of the moderators do here at WSC. They've put in countless hours keeping us rascals in line and on topic--3 cheers and a drink on me at the first bar I find on release day :)
    [​IMG]
  4. Shablast

Shablast New Cupcake

Hi This is Casual Corridor's Addition to the Wildstar community.

We have gotten involved with these here forums one of our topics on Tag Targeting and more.
    http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/stream-topic-tag-targeting-and-more.4464/#post-104287

TL;DR: We think tag targeting should only effect opposite factions. Own loot for certain rarities uncommon and lower. Seperate xp gain from party members(would be amazing if you get bonus exp for doing things with friends/party members).

We also have launched our stream at http://www.twitch.tv/casualcorridor Where we did a wildstar awareness campaign showing videos, sites, and Wildstar rants etc. with give-aways to come for semifinals and finals for our in house tournament.

Some of our waiting screen images we plan to use for a long time to come.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/burningbird/voxine_still.png
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/burningbird/WSTitles_000000.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/burningbird/WSEND_000000.jpg

We also plan to not only stream Wildstar (On lift of NDA or release) but also produce youtube videos for guides and random promo vids. This will all go to http://www.youtube.com/user/CasualCorridor.

Finally we have created this video promoting the Greatness to come for WildStar

And last but not lease we nominate the podcast crew at http://www.twitch.tv/latenightdominion.
    For there ability to keep it interesting on there stream and keep it real with their fans. Not to mention their speculations and news they go over as well as their point of views are just the few things you can enjoy over there.

Good Luck to everyone else and on release hope to see you on planet Nexus.
    vicksen likes this.
  5. Frozkilla

Frozkilla New Cupcake

My contribution for Pay it Forward Week is and always will be my love for this amazing game. My love will radiate so strong and true that anyone close to me will be love stricken with the same love I share for the game. And soon the entire planet will be infected with the love of Wildstar and everyone at Carbine Studios.
  6. Nairith

Nairith New Cupcake

Hi every one,
    My contribution is realy simple ^^

First a little propa ... cuty picture to praise the absolutly power of the dominion army.

[​IMG]

and second I wanna protect a very beatiful and misunderstood creature o(╥﹏╥)o

[​IMG]

All together to protect the Rowsdowers !
    Valdana, Str8ac3, Chim and 6 others like this.
  7. Neo81xxx

Neo81xxx New Cupcake

Have setup and hosting a Wildstar guild website. Not very creative but its getting the word out about this exciting new game.

Website - http://clockwork-gaming.net/

A dominion guild, name unknown.
    Compella likes this.
  8. Kane Hart

Kane Hart New Cupcake

I wanted to wait till this thread got a bit popular as I wanted the older members and the more dedicated followers to hopefully have a higher chance then my post.

Before I talk about what I have done for WildStar and or its Community I like to talk about what I can do for WildStar. As a big fan of WildStar and pretty much any and all MMORPG's I plan on not playing to find the best soloing class or the best tactics or how to level the fastest etc. Being in the Wildstar Beta does not mean it's just all fun and games. I plan testing everything I can and try to offer and produce elaborate Bug reports so that when this game launches my own personal award will be look I helped make this game better and help produce bug report one the best games in history :)

I love and Enjoy reporting bugs I been on things like Github for years and bukkitdev and etc doing tons and tons of bug reporting for developers for almost 3 years just in the Minecraft world.

Here is the public Wildstar Minecraft server for the players waiting patiently to play Wildstar here:
    http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/wildstar-minecraft-community-server-now-launched.4114/

I also plan on running several servers for Cube World and that thread is started here:
    http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/wildstar-cubeworld-community-server-pre-planning.4497/

I'm also planning to do Let's Play Series once the NDA has dropped with the game and my entire Policy about doing game Let's Plays is not to talk about what I dislike or disagree with but what I love and enjoy about the game. So a positive spin.

I also running http://terrariaonline.com and http://godcraft.com I have spoken and convinced a lot my friends and community members to highly consider buying the game at launch.

Not only that I am working on a new site called Cabin Gamer http://cabingamer.com where I'm going to be posting a lot of WildStar news once the game has released and going to consider doing sort of a blog entry style like Day 1 etc etc.

If you do get this far then thanks for taking the opportunity to actually read my post and thanks for making a dream come true in the MMORPG World. Been a while since I could find a MMORPG with the same thingsI like and agree on so many things I enjoy and I think Wildstar will be one the best MMORPG's in my time and hopefully in many others.

Thanks,
    Kane Hart
  9. Faulted

Faulted Cupcake

I have been making some Wildstar themed wearable badges/buttons for the last few days. There are the first set of 6 that I made (the template I have allows for 6 buttons on a page).

[​IMG]

I made some more yesterday, two for Metal Maw, and the rest in support of Josh Mill's Rowsdower Plushie for ALL petition.
    [​IMG]

*EDIT* Updated with new buttons.

[​IMG]

*Last Edit*
    Updating with new buttons and a key chain!

[​IMG]

A key chain test.

[​IMG]

My only problem now is I have all these buttons and nothing to do with them! Might have to start giving them away to fellow Wildstar fans (will need permission from Josh to give away the Rowsdower Plushie buttons).

Thanks for reading!
    Valdana, Kenyar, Chim and 14 others like this.
  10. McSteezy

McSteezy Cupcake

Here is a picture of a little sad robot, I made it. I think it would be a cool companion pet :D

Edit: I would also like to nominate Bloodraptor for his awesome fan art! I don't have a link, but you can find it easily all over the forums and internet.

Attached Files:

vicksen likes this.
  11. Jay Hicks

Jay Hicks New Cupcake

Besides posting to my facebook page, and tweeting about this game endlessly since I got word two years ago, I'm sure like everyone else. I've been promoting the game in Rift via my dimension and chat.

Creating my own Wildstar Plot in Rift while I wait..
    https://twitter.com/TheNamesNobody/status/347897361969864704/photo/1

Update on Wildstar Themed Dimension..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152984335230541&l=a13864afaf

MY Wildstar Fan-made Trailer

I have also put together all the info I have gathered online, to share with people and posted this on many sites I visit.

Knowledge is power.

Wildstar Official
    Official Trailer
    Official Site
    Facebook
    Youtube
    Twitter
    Reddit

Wildstar Pages
    Wildstar Wiki
    Wildstar Central
    Wildstar Junkies
    MMORPG
    Wildstar Fans
    Wildscrape

Wildstar Shows/Press Coverage
    Massively
    Gamebreaker
    Zam
    MOG Nation (Wildcast)
    AltTabMe Podcast
    Wildstar Radio

Just to name a few, check em out, enjoy, and hope to see you all in game real soon!
    Chrystal Kichard and Xaices like this.
  12. SockMafia

SockMafia New Cupcake

Hi,

I would like to nominate Bram Hendriks aka 'Black Wolf' over at the Wildstar Online Google+ Community page. He has been tirelessly aggregating Wildstar related news from various fan sites, game sites and social media sites and putting them on the Google+ page for others to conveniently peruse. What impresses me most is how quickly he posts updates after they appear on other sites.

I think he deserves a beta key for providing such a service to myself and others like me that are impatiently looking forward to any snippet of information they can get their grubby little hands on about Wildstar.

Bram's G+ profile: https://plus.google.com/117930438640084095846/posts

Come and join us at the Wildstar Online Google+ Community page!
    https://plus.google.com/communities/113817437221769581576?partnerid=ogpy0
  13. Drapetomania

Drapetomania Cupcake

He sat back and watched when the Exiles fled to that mysterious planet, Planet Nexus. Saw 'em try to make a home for themselves. A new life. Bold men an' women on a new frontier trying to carve out a new life for themselves in a seemingly feral, untamed world. 'Course the Dominion wasn't gonna have nunna of that. Neither was what lied 'neath the surface, though nunna them knew that at the time.

He watched as The Dominion soon followed the rebel ships and declared that puzzle of a planet theirs by right--and by might. But in a world such as ours, eternally turbulent as it is, the search for peace only ever takes you to the eye of th' storm, and soon he saw them Exiles and Dominion rattlin' each others bones all over again.

He saw unabashed cruelty and depravity.

He saw chaos, destruction, and bloodshed.

He saw lives lost, brave men an' women fightin' for what they believed in, fightin' for themselves and their kin.

He saw rockets tunnelin' through the air and detonatin' at both sides of the battlefield, leaving behind smolderin' dreams and broken craters where homes and fledgling attempts at industry and commerce once stood.

---​

He felt a trickle of a tear down his eye, because those rockets were not offical Protostar Corporation-brand rockets. What he really saw in all this, was profit. A fellow space-faring philosopher-merchant once told him, "war is good for business," and he believed every word of it.

And if you were there, you would have seen the grin spread across the face of one Phineas T. Rotostar, CEO, and a reflection of the opportunity that he saw, in his eyes.

Those were going to be Protostar Corporation-brand rockets.

He would see to that.
    Davey Diablo, Yusuf and vicksen like this.
  14. Lauromine

Lauromine New Cupcake

Hi everyone, i have made 2 things for you !
    The first is a quiz about which faction you should join (Text in French sorry, i can't translate jokes, i don't know how !)
    You can find it here :
    Quizz Wildstar : De quel bord êtes vous ?
    issuu.com/LauromineEastLake/docs/test?e=3766707/3739637

And i made a video about housing (yeah .. french again, but ... there's not many things to read ;) )
    The title can be translated as this (approximately) : My perfect shack

I hope you'll enjoy what i've done,
    See you later on Nexus !
    vicksen likes this.
  15. Nekolita

Nekolita New Cupcake

Hello!

I'm Jenni Le Fur and my boyfriend and I have been telling our friends and family all about Wildstar. This afternoon, my boyfriend mentioned that housing in Wildstar will include a 'housemate' system. He jokingly told me that he'd only give me the rights to use his kitchen. A random sketch later, we have the image you see below. I hope it spawns a chuckle or two.

[​IMG]

Kitchen rights or no kitchen rights, I'm just happy that my boyfriend will finally play a male character! So thanks Wildstar; you're making a man out of my man!
    Strevz, CptGiggles and Opie Macleod like this.
  16. raziaroc

raziaroc New Cupcake

Hey everyone,
    So I have been very interested by the game for over a year, and I decided to try my hand at a creative project for this "Pay it forward" event by doing an Rosdower origami.
    [​IMG]
    As you guys can see, it didn't go as well as expected :(.
    Hopefully the game I helped my friend lofery with will please you more: (http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1372085964)
    Good luck to everyone, we'll all visit Nexus one day!
    pseudo, Chim, tr1age and 7 others like this.
  17. Oro

Oro New Cupcake

Hello...

So, I'm not quite as amazing as some of the guys here but I thought I'd have a go with myart. The WildStar style is so inspiring I couldn't help but want to produce my own! Along with my art I have done various other things, as follows:

- Firstly I am part of a large EU based guild waiting on WildStar (Prepared); we are a friendly yet experienced guild with hopes of both progression raiding and both small and large scale PvP. I am a regular forums poster as I try to keep to conversations going and hype up (not that much of that is required - you kind of do that yourselves). I try to take part in conversations in both your Facebook and Twitter feeds to be part of this great community you guys are building :)

- Via Social networking sites I have change my avatars and other such images to WildStar pictures I took a certain liking to, which mostly revolve around Stalkers :p (Ninja obsession). Posting your videos and 'big-news' tweets on my 'walls' I hoped to spread the word and bring my fellow MMO gaming friends with me to the WildStar world/universe - with a lot of success, some now seem more obsessed about the game than I do >.<

- So as previously stated, I have a slight Ninja obsession, which... in-fact... is not so slight at all >.< Anywhooo, here's picture number 1: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Eu72Wcp2Tjw/UcHLc_uuDzI/AAAAAAAAAQs/T_kFWXPkyIA/s1600/7.jpg

- For my second picture I once again wanted to put my own spin on the image, and tried to interprit so of the comedy value in WildStar. So, think Hercules meets WildStar, I replaced the lions skin with a Drakens: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FYjzsErZi4k/Ucdm6zfhhDI/AAAAAAAAASk/HkZ3YBG7cac/s1600/G5.jpg

...Both of these images have been shared within both WildStar communities and art communities, in hope to help spread the word :D

- Finally I wrote a short poem/rhyme based around WildStar, the the rhythm of the 'Little miss Muffet' poem, for everybody to enjoy... I call it:

'Along Came A Stalker'

...Espers and Slingers...
    ...Sat twiddling their fingers...
    ...Speaking of spells and illusion...
    ...Along came a Stalker...
    ...Cut through them like water...
    ...Then laughed at his rude intrusion...

:inlove: Jingle...
    Wreck, Davey Diablo, Zerkh and 3 others like this.
  18. wasabi

wasabi Cupcake

It's been retweeted once before( thanks btw :] ) this is my Pay it Forward submission that I worked all day on about a week ago. My purpose for making it is A, get W*'s name out there, but also B, because the Dominion was my previous choice in faction, I still believe its an open option for whatever side I choose. I must give props to the gentlemen at AltTabMe for doing such a consistent vodcast, I've watched every one so far, and I've been keeping up to date on W* itself in the process... Along with being active on the forums etc.

Edit - I really appreciate the dedicated men and women at Carbine Studios for all the work they're putting forward to ensure a truly bejujelar(Day9 refference) game. I've played WoW for a seriously large chunk of my existence here on Earth, and let me just say (though I have not played WildStar yet) this game will bring Blizzard to a halt. The ideals Carbine has that have sprouted from GW2 rivalries and Vanilla WoW coworkers on the team, I am truly psyched to play and dominate in arenas, BGs and raids... You deserve a lot more publicity and this was my strongest attempt thus far at earning attention from Carbine, and America itself. Thanks in abundance & without further adieu, my Dominion Propaganda Poster for Pay It Forward! :D
    TL-DR: enjoy[​IMG]
  19. F8L Fool

F8L Fool Cupcake-About-Town

Sadly I am not the most creative person around. I can't draw, sing, or play a myriad of instruments, like so many others in this thread that have posted before me. However, what I can do is compile my knowledge and newly released information into one place: the Wildstar Central Wiki.

I know that wiki's are quickly becoming the most trusted and used resources for many people, regardless of the subject matter. I also believe that Wildstar is something that people feel passionately about, and will naturally seek out information for. In order to help answer these questions and make use of my own writing ability, I've created new content for the Wiki, as well as copy edited and updated lots of outdated/changed info.

I could write a giant wall of text about which content I've made or the number of edits I have, but instead I'll just link my two most recent additions:

Player vs. Player
    Housing System

I created both pages and contributed all of the material shown. They are 100% free of NDA breaking material and have sources for each relevant point. These two pages are just a small sample of things to come for the Wildstar Central Wiki. I already have a ton of new content to post and format, thanks to the new CBT3 patch notes that were released. I will continue to help the WSC Wiki grow and become the best Wildstar resource on the planet. Because in doing so I will help foster the community while creating well informed players.

That is just one of the many ways I am paying it forward. I obviously tell a ton of people about the game as well, just like the rest of the avid fans on this site.

Lastly, In two weeks I will be spreading the word about the game at San Diego Comic-Con in two weeks. I'll be wearing and handing out some awesome buttons made by Faulted (that you can see below), along with new ones that he is designing for the convention.

[​IMG]
    Rizaz, Davey Diablo, Calsic and 5 others like this.
  20. Astherial

Astherial New Cupcake

Oh wildstar how I love thee
    Let me count the ways
    I love you from your robot arms to my own personal farm
    from your big bombs, to your pixel generated frawns
    I love your silent sheep, and your stalker who creeps
    From your exploration, to your scientific explanations
    In you I can run from here to there
    I can kill Sh^% everywhere
    I can jump through the sky, or ride a motorcycle made by some rock guy
    I can get a big gun, or play a furry for fun
    I can double jump, or buy goggles to look all steam punk
    I can pimp out my house, or name a toon titmouse
    But the one thing I love most of all
    Is the fact that you seem different from them all
    I mean were else can you actively dodge, and build a shop that sells hogs
    Or have a game that makes you laugh, as you play a trailer about kicking some a$$
    So to you I say, I cant wait to play
    I hope a beta invite.......will come my way
    Davey Diablo and vicksen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.