1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Things we can do passively (without becoming trolls)

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Autumnal, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

Hey, there "Wild Ones".

Well Gamescom and PAX are now relegated to the record books, and the entire world has now had a taste of WildStar, and that's a good thing.

What we face before us, however, is the natural "lull", the "dead space" between Reveal and Beta. Of course, I'm sure the Carbine has little teasers ahead for us, (and some WildStar Central exclusives, right, right?), but for the most part, it's probably gonna get quiet, for a while.

This is the part I despise. Having been given a teasing "taste" of WS, only to have to sit back, and wait for more. Not content with standing by on "idle", with my TweetDeck on "stalk #wildstar mode", I see this as the perfect opportunity for us, the growing core of WildStar fans, to help keep interest generated, and keep WildStar from slipping into the "Oh, I forgot about that game" category.

What can we do? Heck, we're the future player base. We're the Community. There's almost nothing we can't do. What I propose, here, is a meeting of the minds, where we, as "virtual WildStar Street Teams", can collaborate and brainstorm to help promote WildStar, and keep the awesome momentum rolling forward, altruistically, and without the promise of swag. "For the love of the game", as it should be.

Things we can do ( passively, without becoming trolls )
    1. Link WildStar and WildStar Central in our forum signatures, on whatever forums we frequent.
    2. re-tweet official tweets from Carbine Studios and Team WildStar
    3. "casually" mention WildStar in our irc's, our chat rooms, ect.
    4. Comment honestly in all Media reviews of WS.
    5. Facebook! (Thanx, Brotoi)
    6. Share your Fan Art on deviantART (how did I miss that?) Thanx, Nonsensicles.
    7. Utilize the WildStar Fan Kit (Thanx, VooDoo)
    8. (your idea, here)
    Remember, Community can "make or break" a game, and I feel that here at WildStar Central have a remarkable pool of like-minded and talented members that will make WildStar even better.

All this I ask, as "just another WSC member". If we, the community, can do this on our own effort, without enticement from whatever "powers that be", we will prove our genuine interest and excitement for WildStar, and make it the best possible game it can be..and imho, that's quite a lot.
    [​IMG]
    So, Wild Ones, whatcha got?
  2. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Facebook, mentioned it so often my non-gaming friends are starting to complain and my political action friends are starting to think I've lost my mind (difficult, since I never had one to begin with).

I already wrote a blog post, too. I'm hoping against hope for lots more shiny tidbits that will be worthy for additional blog posts (like, oh, maybe the ability to download and play the Gamescom/PAX demo, some additional videos, opening a Wildstar goods online store, a fun but useless program for experimenting with character customization, etc.)
    Autumnal likes this.
  3. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

I'm going to continue pumping out fanart, which if I ever get an actual following on deviantART will help.
    Autumnal likes this.
  4. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

Im starting to collect screenshots to go with my fan pack for some graphics for a clan page.

Aside from that, its sort of depressing going to the main page and seeing a lot of "coming soon" under the links on the page. I mean, enough info has been given out that most of us could fill in the "coming soon" areas of that page.
    Autumnal likes this.
  5. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Good plan. Once I can get my scanner set back up, I'll probably be joining you in the making of art threads!
  6. Dragor

Dragor Cupcake

I will wear my Wildstar-Shirt whenever I can and when someone asks "Whats a Wildstar?" I will say "Oh it´s nothing, just this totally awesome game from Carbine Studios, you know?"
    Autumnal likes this.
  7. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Updating signatures would be an easy one. I really wish there was a store to buy shirts and hats. I would wear them everywhere.
  8. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Original Founder

[Stickied & thread name changed to "Things we can do passively (without becoming trolls)"]

Great ideas!
    Autumnal likes this.
  9. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Well, I have the WildStar wallpaper on my iPhone, so I'm always reminded it's coming! As if I needed reminding.
    I like all the ideas posted in here already. Not much else we can do short of staging a fanatical, borderline psycopathic human tent outside of Carbine's Studio waiting for a chance to get some "inside" info.
    Dragor and Autumnal like this.
  10. Frozenoak

Frozenoak Founding Member

I have a sig that I love. It came from carbine studio. What is the "tag line" to add a clickable link to my sig? I will add it to all my gaming (and probably Ballooning, and Aquarium, and everything else) forum sigs. I need a copy / past scenario. My sig is housed at Photobucket.

Edit: I think this is the HTML link. [​IMG] Let me know if you need more.
  11. Dale

Dale New Cupcake

Go to your signature settings, mark the signature and click on the "Insert/edit link" icon.
    Then enter your link and insert. Done! Atleast on WildStar Central :)
  12. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Every thread has it's own Facebook "Like" button...I gotta pick a few favorites and "Like" them!
  13. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

I have already plastered my new website with small articles, references and links to news I find about WildStar, even though my website is localhosted and not due to release until some time next month -- my self-inflicted deadline is kinda elastic during shool semesters :p

Was thinking about making a joomla template based on the fankit, but not sure how the use rights is for that, since it technically is not a fan site, just for my section of thoughts and figures about WildStar -- not like I expect numbers of fans to hover around my website of games and other more obscure interests... like books, you know, square things with papers glued together and text on them.
  14. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

There's a license that comes with the kit, did you take a peek at that? Maybe it covers such a scenario. Elsewise, maybe Robeardo will pop by here and give you a yay or nay on this!