1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

This pic alone makes me want to roll a Warrior

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Embermouth, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

It does look like it'll just be swords, as the warrior page lists their equipment as "Tech Sword." However, I'd like to add what I've said elsewhere is that having seen a sample of their props, they are pushing the boundary of "sword." That's not a guarantee that the designs will blow our minds, but I am optimistic that they are going to have a great variety of models to choose from.
  2. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

What she said!

The animations are indeed stellar :inlove:.

One of my personal favourites is the Esper's Repulse skill where she/he summons that giant hand with an eye in its palm, and it looks as if its regarding the beings below it as it blinks, and then comes crashing down. XD If you're an Aurin Esper (not sure about humans), you also jump up as the hand raises from the ground, and then land as the hand does, so it reminds me a bit of Bending in the Avatar: The Last Airbender cartoons. :inlove:

There are some Darkspur Cartel mobs that just straight-up firebend which looks FLIPPING SWEET, and makes me wish soooooo bad that that was a playable class because I'd be ALL OVER THAT. :cry:

Seriously, look at the moves on these guys! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDf613D1qLk&t=00m30s

I'm not even kidding when I say that so far, this is the mob I want to fight against THE MOST. :inlove:

Also, this Pumera's animation is really slick - it blew my mind the first time I saw this vid, I was like: "Is this even videogame animation? @_____@"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgFo28scfYM&t=00m45s
    ruff_ethereal and Evion like this.
  3. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

YES I loved that firebending guy so much!!!

And my cat actually does that sometimes when she's playing, the Pumera attack.

Oh also I was just thinking... For those people who really, really, really wish for more weapons to use, you can always keep an eye in the soldier path.

I'm not sure about the variey of options it will bring, of course, but considering how its been states they test new weapons out in the field all the time, could be a lot of fun for those who want their play experienced spiced up a bit more with different gadgets and weapons. ^^
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  4. Evion

Off Topic, but I'm going to have to make "Rawr! I'm awesome!" into my signature. :D

And I like the comparison to bending for Espers. I'm going to have to look up more play videos of them when I have a chance.

As for warriors, the initial topic of this thread... I loved seeing in the housing video that they could still wear trenchcoats, as that's a major appeal factor of the game for me. ;)
  5. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I'm not sure if i am making my point clear (definitely wouldn't be the first time) or maybe I just don't understand the technical aspect. But, If I'm using a two handed sword vs a two handed hammer the animations don't need to be different. At least I have never paid attention to see if they are in other games. That's where my skepticism for there animation reason comes into play.

I just hate the fact that they are saying to hell with the weapon type variety. But, it is what it is. Thanks for the info y'all.
  6. Evion

Ahhh I getcha. I did think you were referring to other weapons, like a spear would be very different, or using two one-handed swords or a sword and board. For example, I think the Stalker would have to have different animations for claws and for daggers because they're held differently and can be slashed differently. If their moves were generic enough, then maybe multiple weapons could work with each animation, but I would actually argue that a 2-handed hammer (which I would also love for warriors, hint hint Carbine ;)) is going to need different animations because you'll want to use more pounding abilities and wide swings with impacts, rather than stabs and slashes that you can do with a sword.

Unfortunately, until we can get our hands on the characters and try out all those abilities, almost all of this has to remain speculation! I don't know how many warrior abilities even involve the sword! I've seen crazy flame-thrower shield things too! They have some crazy abilities beyond just their weapons!
  7. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

You know what this smells like? ...No, I didn't fart. ...No, not my socks after a long tennis match.
    A like. Take it.

Yup. BAD.ASS. I mean Wildstar already stated that it's atleast 5 times as radical as other MMO's, why should it be different with gear?

Give us different kinds of weapons to customize! I'd like a DPS Samurai-looking warrior while my tank is a fortress with huge shoulderpads and Armory >:D
  8. Forge Darksteel

Forge Darksteel Cupcake

Amazing looking gear is what makes me play MMOG's and Elder content looks to have some great gear designs. Being able to paint your armor different colors is a must, for me! Rift did a great job with that from the little time I played it.

Also, warrior does look cool!
  9. WildHawk

WildHawk Cupcake

im 100% sure that im going to be the warrior but im not sure if i should go explorer or soldier path
  10. InnocentCivilian

Well, just in case you haven't heard, you'll be happy to hear that dyeing is in Wildstar! ^__^

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_wednesday_introduction_to_economy.php

I think this is the last we heard on the system, but we can apparently have up to 3 different colours per item. :)
    Forge Darksteel likes this.
  11. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

I'll likely roll a warrior at launch (bet you can't guess what race / gender combo!) and I can't say that I mind the restriction to just the 2h sword. as long as the animations are stellar (which they look to be) and there is a good amount of variety to the weapons (chainsaw sword please!) I'll be more than happy.

One nice thing about being a warrior is that you can always count on some pretty tough looking armor, so it's a given that at max level you are going to look pretty formidable.
  12. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

13. AgenecyWR

AgenecyWR New Cupcake

That spell slinger in the background and the trailer made me want a spellslinger =D
  14. Forge Darksteel

Forge Darksteel Cupcake

15. Xaverian

Xaverian New Cupcake

Not sure if this was already asked---was that a mechari warrior in the cool gear in the original video?
  16. InnocentCivilian

Nah, going by the size and shape of the wearer's body, it's almost certainly a male Human. :)
  17. Xaverian

Xaverian New Cupcake

Thanks dude. I thought so when I rewatched it. The helm was misleading.
  18. Agon

Agon Cupcake

I have never been able to wield either a twohanded hammer or sword but i would imagine it to be quite different to be honest. A sword is something to slash and cut things while a 2-handed hammer would be a lot heavier i guess and be used to smash and break things. Also because of that immense weight such a hammer normally should have i doubt that you could do many chain attacks compared to a sword, simply because the force behind each swing is too great.

On the bright side, "Tech"sword sounds to me like it could be anything really. And axes for example should be similar to a sword, maybe they will even make a chainsaw looking techsword or something along those lines. Definitly think the term alone gives them a lot of freedom in bending the look of swords.
    Malorak likes this.
  19. Loken

Loken New Cupcake

When I looked at the pic I kinda saw Blood Elf warrior, not that it is bad but was just my initial thought. As for having a certain weapon for each class that does not bother me as long as there are multiple variations of each type.
  20. Rock Wang

Rock Wang New Cupcake

Yeah warrior looks pretty awesome, it's between that and stalker for me. I just hope the stalker isn't always stuck with claws. That warrior looks awesome.