1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Tidbit of info about "Redacted" healing during the Spellslinger AMA on reddit.

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Whistler, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I said it 10 times already....

Medic > Esper > Spellslinger (in terms of healing prefferences for me)

This just confirmes it :D

Edit:
    Also, in before the shadow priest comparisons!
  3. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, maybe it's just my own view of it, but it seems like the Medic may en up being more of a support healer; dealing damage and healing at the same time. Maybe they have a bit of buff utility to help out those around them.
    Sonntam likes this.
  4. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

Funny seeing how the class people will probably often assume to be a pure healer, will actually do some dps even while in support build.

I wonder if it works the other way around as well.
    Sonntam likes this.
  5. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Probably short-ish (melee?) range, doing damage with shock paddles, then maybe using some sort of overload skill where they unload all their juice and heal allies/melee in range. They'd sort of be like the melee dps's personal AOE healer.

With Espers doing mostly single target burst and Spellslingers mostly doing skillshot AOE, sounds like a pretty nice variety.
  6. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

Carbine has already said all healers will be capable of being main healers. Even their differences in style can be blurred with LAS and AMPs. Nobody is better, they just provide different styles, and have slightly preferable tank synergy with certain classes.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Ah you missunderstood my post :D

I meant ''in terms of healing prefference for me'' ;) I used that sentence 10 times already, hence the comment. But it's ''vague'' for those who haven't seen those other comments :coffee:
  8. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

Ooooh haha, my bad. Yeah, I was all on the Esper healing train, but the idea of a melee dps/healer all in one build - like the Medic is looking it could be - is very appealing.

Hats off to Carbine for awesome class design.
  9. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

hopefully there is a LAS that will feel like a Disc preist from WoW (Cataclysm) I really had fun healing while spamming attacks and topping both dps/heals recount in 5 mans when I was at my best (and pug people were terribad) ;)

but I still want it to be its own class before anything else ofcourse with its own unique Wildstar flare :)
  10. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

I never played a Priest in WoW, but from what I remember when Shadow Priests were uber in BC was that they were DPS first, and their healing effect was secondary. As such, they were never main healers. Since Medic will be able to "main heal" I don't know just how insane their DPS will be in healing spec, but rather the dps will be a means to their healing resource.

Now, there could definitely be a DPS spec that focuses on high damage, causing the heals to be more passive/light.

I can't wait for this reveal. >_<
    Haversham likes this.
  11. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

Oh ... I like the sound of that. Doing damage builds up your resource which you can use for heals. A reverse of mana usage. Kind of like a death knight from WoW, but a healer.
  12. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

If the "Medic" is goin more of a meleeway, i am thinking something like the bearshaman in Age of Conan,
    when it comes to the healing. :up:
  13. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Very interesting, so if that turns out to be true, Spellslinger can shoot their friends to heal them and the "Medic" class will be able to punch HP into their friends faces? Hmmm.. A healing class i could grow to like for once..
  14. Sarigar

Sarigar Cupcake

Right now my take on the Striker (the name I prefer to 'Medic') is a short/melee range character wearing Medium armour that fights using Resonator gauntlets (name taken from the item screenshot floating around). I surmise that the resonator weapons are designed for either pure DPS, or low DPS/AOE splash heals for allies in melee. In healing spec, they may convert most or all of their damage output to heals. I'm guessing their primary defenses are shielding and dodging attacks, but they may also have a means of converting incoming damage to heals as well.

All this is based on supposition and extrapolation of the very little we've seen of the Striker, and of course on what I'd like to see. :)
  15. FelixAkuma

I don't like the name Medic either but you can't just go making up names buddy! :p

Honestly isn't it really.. TOO early to be speculation on anything they can do seen as we have pretty much no solid information on them? I mean Woo! for you if you're right.. I just don't see th point in speculating when we know nothing for certain xD
  16. Sarigar

Sarigar Cupcake

Speculating is fun. :) What better time is there for speculating than when we only know little bits? And we'll know for sure in three weeks, if they stay on schedule.
    FelixAkuma likes this.
  17. FelixAkuma

Well... ok then, aslong as it stays fun and positive that's fine really :p
  18. Alistair Cain

Alistair Cain Cupcake

Was also what came to my mind, possibly slightly Dark Templar heals/lifesteal as well (even though they were tanky).
    The other comparison was Warrior Priest and DoK from Warhammer online, which are melee-damage dealing healers.

Of course, these are just rough comparisons based on previous games, quite excited to see what WildStar adds to the mechanics and playstyle.
    Sapien likes this.
  19. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

Since we currently have two ranged healers, it might very well make sense that the next healer revealed will indeed be a melee-range healer that has to be in the frontlines with the other melee.

On a side note, how many tanks do we know about? Warrior, and...?
  20. Shoogli

Shoogli Cupcake-About-Town

More like Disciple of Khain :p !