1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Tidbit of info about "Redacted" healing during the Spellslinger AMA on reddit.

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Whistler, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Kujaix

Kujaix New Cupcake

One of my favorite types of characters. Hope it's the next Live stream instead of the other Heavy Armor class.
  2. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

Shadow Priests made awesome mana batteries in WoW om nom nom.

Cant wait to see the full reveal on the "Shock Paddle" class. Its so hard to pick who to main healer as without it. My main issue is I am one of those psychos who tends to level main specced heals instead of leveling as DPS then going heals later on.

I like to learn my craft along the way and throw myself in the deep end to get the hand of that particular class to learn what is effective when, how and why. (Im like a 3 year old like that) I usually end up getting dragged to places 5 - 10 levels above my level range to heal friends who have zoooooomed past me in in levels but want someone to keep them alive so they can go berserker nuts pulling mobs. Quite the introduction to healing let me tell you >.<
  3. xypher3ns

xypher3ns New Cupcake

Stalker is also going to be able to Tank if my knowledge is correct. And if my own speculation also is right, the rifle-toting class (which I guess will be called Engineer for now) might also be a Tank to balance the number of Healers to Tanks.
  4. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

Yes, the Engineer will be the heavy armor tanking class, and the Medic will be the unannounced healer.
  5. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

I think we can quite safely call them "Resonators" now since that was the name of a drop in the ESPer Livestream off the dungeon boss. :D

[​IMG]
  6. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

But ... but .... :( ...... I like shock paddles
  7. Ikai

Ikai New Cupcake

If this class turn out to be like an atonement priest, then we will have a trully boring and disapointing class.
    While having high healing/dps in the charts, spamming smite and holy fire was as fun, deep and requires the same skill as watch grass grow.
  8. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

im sure alot of people that have played healers in the past have there favourites and while we dont know much about what healing style the medic has at the moment using the LAS im sure there are many varients people can play as and enjoy as they see fit, too each there own
  9. Ikai

Ikai New Cupcake

Also, i dont think they are going for the melee healer, as im yet to see any game make a healer that stays in melee range that works.
    Im really a fan of the idea of a melee healer, and thus i played that archetype in all games that attempted it, and in the end they were either tweaked to work as ranged (Disciple of khaine - WHO and paladin - WoW) or just died out from lack of players. Melee healers are pretty sick and awesome in "theory".

Anyway, i think they will have 2 approaches:
    - melee as dps, ranged as healer
    - midrange healer/dps (to fill the 15-20m range)
    most likely the former.
  10. Joshua Goodsell

Joshua Goodsell New Cupcake

The class being rerevealed next (today I believe) is the stalker. Likely an evasion tank. Speculation says engineer is the last tank and is a ranged tank.