1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Tim Cain no longer with Carbine :(

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Ripper McGee, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Ripper McGee

Ripper McGee Founding Member

Massively Article: Tim Cain joins Obsidian

While this doesn't reduce my interest in the game now, I will say that Tim's influence is a huge reason I've been following Carbine all this time.

What does this change mean to you?
  2. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Not so much - as Tim was at the company during the genesis of the WildStar universe, I reckon he'll have left his mark on the world. Once that design is on paper, all it now takes is a competent team to bring that design to life.

It's a shame he felt he had to leave for pastures new, but that's what people often do! I'm sure Carbine will shoulder the loss and keep hard at work for us :)
  3. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Didn't sound to me like the "new" pastures were all that new. He worked on Fallout before and seems like he returned to familiar territory.

Anyway, this in no way changes my feelings for the game. The direction is already set, so whoever replaces him will already have a path to go down.
  4. souper

souper Founding Member

He actually left a few months ago so this wasn't a surprise. Looks like he jumped into another interesting project quickly.

Either way, as the other guys said, he helped design the game and those design decisions will always be a part of the game... unless they are changed. Glad he was part of the process at all.