1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Top 3 features your least excited about / wanna see changed.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Backpedaling, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backpedaling

Backpedaling New Cupcake

Dont get me wrong i absolutely look forward to this game but there are some features i m concerned about. I wanna hear your opinions about it and or hear what you would wanna see changed with the info you got atm.
    lol nice title..... i m really good at this forum thing yes.

1) PvP specialized gear, now i realise that it will be hard to balance otherwise but i like the freedom to change things up a little bit with out feeling that your immediately at a disadvantage because of not having pvp specced gear.

2) Ability cap restricted at 6-8 abilities, it kinda makes the combat less indepth imo. I'm one of these nerds that likes to have alot of options and not everything needs to be effective at every situation i just like to have the ability to have a broader skillset active. Now it doesnt have to be 40 spells. but a restriction that is around 12-15 class abilities sounds why more fun and will make the combat be more fun for me.
    And some people might say bu

3) Every class can only use 1 weapon as said in some interviews. So this kinda goes back to point 2 with having even less options in combat. For example in a game like guildwars 2 where they restrict your active abilties aswell you still have to option to weapon switch and thus gain awhole lot of different abilties to spice things up a bit. Also there where some classes that could change stance/attunement (elementalist/necromancer) and gain a different set of abilities. this made the games combat more indepth and exciting for me personally then a game where you gett 6-8 abilities and be stuck in your weapon for the rest of the time you play the class you like.
    Also not even being abilites related it just seems weird and kinda immersive breaking to me that a warrior tank would just use a 2h for tanking only having to change some of his active abilities to swap between tank and dps spec.

4) So this is more of a concern that a feature i m not excited about but in all the research i have done (which is quiet alot because i m not in the beta so i have nothing better to do anyway :p), i havent found any information regarding a skill/talent tree. So this concerns me again because of first off the restriction on abilities and the restriction on weapons. those 2 combined make IMO!!! for a pretty stale game. I mean in a few weeks/months after release people will have figured out which abilities are the best the use for which classes depending on pvp/pve and or the encounter your doing.
    People will make guides for this on sites like wiki's and or youtube and pretty much the game will be stale.
    I'm like i said earlier a nerd and i like obviously make a strong character, and while leveling i wanna go back to the town and check he if i get 1 or 2 more levels i can get this awesome talent which will make my blabla spell have a additional affect or i can spend it on my staff mastery and have all my spells add like a dot or something. I'm just making a example.
    Give me some points to spend in a talent tree like system where i can future customize my playstyle.
    Dont make the games combat as blund as it looks to be right now (again i m not in the beta so i dunno but it just seems to be going that route).

5) Flying mounts, i know this is discussed alot and not even certain if they will be in or not but i really hope they dont make it in so i will voice my opinion. Yes travel time is annoying and or doesnt really at to the gameplay. But flypaths and quick travel methods like i dunno big as teleports, spaceships that fly certain routes etc where you can jump out or anything like that would be way cooler imo then just being able to pop up and out of mob spawns and pretty much killing what little of world pvp you might get.

Oh yea please keep the feedback and or points your concerned about a bit civil because we all even bother to make posts because we care, not because we hate this game ^^ :)
    Roadblock and Sonntam like this.
  2. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

Release date.

from TBA to Tomorrow.
    αRomeo, Dnevnoy, Vyver and 1 other person like this.
  3. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

Uhhh, well the weapon thing

the one-word-only name system

wardrobe outfits not working in pvp zones

the chance that there won't be cross-faction chat, though we don't know any details yet

all female race members having the same body type, just scaled to different sizes, because men will only accept a female character if she has the same society-approved hourglass figure

the fact that I dont know what the last two classes are
    Eliat_kuni, vicksen and RandomHero like this.
  4. Nezk

Nezk Cupcake

10 max abilities at once scares me, at least make it 15 usable at max and a total of 35~
    Sebyos Vernett likes this.
  5. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

1) Can't be done otherwise. People should have advantage in pvp if they focus on pvp and people should have an advantage in pve if they focus on pve. Crossing the two can only lead to stupid situations, like pvp-ers needing to pve for certain items because they are just better than their pvp ones, or pve-ers having the advantage over pvp-ers due to their gear being just better for pvp purposes. Ofcourse, we know by now that Blizzard has failed hard at this, particularly with the last patch, but someone else can succeed at it.

2) Yeah, no, an actionbar having more than 15 abilities that see constant use (not conjure food, feed pet, portals kind of stuff) is just bad design and looks like the devs just couldn't find balance and needed to spam abilities and counter abilities for all classes. A class having too much clutter ? The same class needs a bit more balancing for pvp ? No problem, just give it...EVEN MORE ABILITIES. Right, Blizzard ?!

3) What you call "in depth" I call "clutter". See point nr.2.

4)Apparently the talents are based on how many stat points you put into your character and where. So basically if you class can heal as well as damage, putting points into Strenght will unlock only damage talents.

5) I don't have any strong opinions on this. I can accept either way.
    Jefferson, Shablast and Dalejm545 like this.
  6. Awesometail

Awesometail Cupcake

1) The potential of flying mounts - Brings very little to the table and has a very sad effect on the gameplay.

2) Teleporting into the actual dungeons with a dungeon finder (I am not sure if this is the case or not but if it is I am not excited.) Teleporting near the dungeon like the closest flight path would be acceptable or no teleporting at all but going from a field to a dungeon or a city to a dungeon instantly is upsetting and breaks a lot of the fun and feel of a populated world.

3) 40 Man raids - They are epic woo! Tons of people together. I played vanilla WoW, I watched friends raid Molten core weekly. It was indeed epic to see so many people together but it just isn't as great as the nostalgia makes it seem. Getting 40 people together is rough and then scaling content to work with 40 people means its either easy enough 10/40 of those people can tap 1 key and afk (This happened back in the early wow days [[Not in Naxx and some bosses in aq40]]) The other 40mans though you had people just afk not doing anything, walking their dogs, smoking, tapping 1 key. The other 25-30 People actually did the mechanics and carried them. The second option is to scale it harder and then you have to find 40 competent people. I don't know if you have noticed the current MMO crowd but even to this day on MMOs people do not register to not stand in the bad.
    Gempulse likes this.
  7. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

The limited action slots doesn't really bother me, being an action-oriented game you're more inclined to move and dodge than pop off a defensive cooldown, so it's not really a big thing.

For the weapon thing, gw2 itself didn't have much of "a whole lot of different abilities to spice things up a bit" but more of you switching to a sidearm in case of the situation calling for it. Not to mention you're still highly limited, much much more limited, in that game than here.

I would however like it if they can add more weapon types, I despise them claws with my whole being. I do. Something like hidden blades for the stalker would make me very happy.

Next would be taxiing. I know they put work into designing the world and it's pretty and all but you can only be filled with wonder soo many times... and the damn things keep taking the most <REDACTED>ing scenic route. I hate that system almost as much as I hate claws. Almost.

Aside from those 2 I can't think of anything else really.
  8. Thieron

Thieron New Cupcake

I really would like more weapon variety. I don't care if my abilities change with weapons or not. I plan on playing a warrior and would love to use something besides a 2h sword all the time. Axes, hammers, halberds, pole arms and lances could be made to fit into Wildstar.

I'm ok with the abilities. As long as cool downs are timed right and you don't feel like you're waiting all the time for abilities to refresh. I wonder if you will have to have buffs on the hotbar in order to keep them going, if so then 10 will not be enough. If I can cast a buff and it stays after I drop it off the hotbar, or I can cast it from the ability window/list, I think it'll be ok. Guess we just have to wait and see really.

I played a warrior in EQ for 6 years or so and all I had back in the day was Auto attack, taunt, and kick....
  9. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

[​IMG]

We've also seen mini-chainsaw stalker weapons and the guy from the devspeak path video has different stalker weapons as well.

In fact...it's weird that we've seen so many stalker variations but every warrior still has that same dumb sword.
  10. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

They're still techincally the same thing since those are all just stuck the back of the hands. Turn that around to the underside of the palm and I'm a happy boy!
  11. Inda

Inda Cupcake

LFG matching, 40 man raids, and possible flying mounts. I'd rather have an lfg advertisement board, concentrate on making 20 man raids, and no or limited flying mounts.
  12. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

1. One word naming system. Has this actually been confirmed? I don't know why games insist on this, especially given the tendency toward server merges after release, leading to bad feelings when active players lose their names. It doesn't really do anything to stop people from naming a character Stupid Joke. The person who wants to do that generally isn't as concerned with aesthetics and is fine with the name StupidJoke or XxXStupidJokeXxX.

2. One weapon per class. I get that they want to consolidate effects, but sometimes it can be fun to have a bit of choice and variety.

3. No body type sliders, especially given that all the female characters have pretty much the same body type regardless of race. I can live with it, but I'd like it better if it were possible to make a female Granok who looked more solid than pretty, or an Aurin who wasn't such an obvious sex symbol.

I don't have strong opinions on LFG or flying mounts, and I'm kind of looking forward to the return of 40 mans (even if I don't end up participating in them myself) and the limited action slots.
    vicksen and Galosha like this.
  13. Dnevnoy

Dnevnoy Cupcake-About-Town

- Removing X-server LFG (or restricting it to off peak times/low pop levels)
    - No insta-porting to dungeons
    - No flying mounts

Everything else looks great or is too small to bother worrying about.
    Draxus, Joukehainen, cirk and 2 others like this.
  14. Morphine

Morphine New Cupcake

1) Scientist's seem great fun for solo play but seem to have got the short straw in terms of team play on any scale.
    2) Lore seems heavily swayed to the exile at the moment- Dominion seem kinda black and white (though todays info drop removes some of that) I'll be rolling Dominion though because the potential is great.
    3) Faction/race leaders? Main heroes? Theres no one to get behind lore wise, no one to attack or defend. As you've gathered i'm a bit of a lore hound and some of my favorite raid and mmo memories all featured lore, characters i cared about. Wildstar lacks that at the moment. raids will be great but- wrath players think of bolvar's story in that game- it was epic and awesome. we as players can only affect the story so far, heroes and leaders, in my opinion, are so important as they can do the plot moving for us. otherwise what do we fight for? surely were just mindlessly fighting
  15. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

Yeah it was confirmed by a dev post in q thread awhile back (I think the thread was about numbers in names)

But they aren't limiting for naming ,but because there is/was a coding glitch that allowed their whisper message system to be abused or something.

I think they said if they could fix the security whole they would allow more names
  16. eselle8

Oh, that's too bad. I can understand it's not a top priority fix, but I hope they'll be able to correct that in time for launch. Guild Wars 2 didn't speak to me on a lot of levels, but one thing I did notice was that it was really easy for people to get names they liked, even if they joined well after launch. The only people who were disappointed were the ones who wanted to be Mal Reynolds or Legolas.

But I may just be bitter because I lost my preordered to get headstart, logged in right away so it would be just perfect name in SWTOR to a level 6 character after the servers merged.
    Jefferson likes this.
  17. Calsic

Calsic Cupcake-About-Town

I don't want ask for anything "changed" until I've actually seen the game, or at least until Carbine has finished telling us how their game will work. I think a lot of us are taking the things Carbine have said and making them fit our preconceived ideas from other games.

But the top 3 things I'm least excited about are:

- no relaxing, downtime activities out in the world. Seems like I have to head to my house if I don't want combat.

- lack of body-type variety. I don't care about height, but I'd prefer to have a choice between bulky and slim at least.

- telegraphs seem too in-your-face. I hope there is subtle option.
    vicksen likes this.
  18. eselle8

It seems like Settler might be focused on that, or at least I've been picturing making a Settler who can run around fixing buildings and rebuilding things when the timer expires when I'm not in the mood to go out killing.

I'm not the world's biggest fishing fan, but I certainly wouldn't mind if they could make it fun enough for them to put it back in the game.
    Jefferson and Calsic like this.
  19. MMOPapa

MMOPapa Cupcake-About-Town

1) Exiles on my lawn.
    2) Exiles in my pool.
    3) Exiles on my pla...

...I just thought up a solution.
    Wolvy, Dysp and JoeDragon like this.
  20. NoInterVention

NoInterVention New Cupcake

I didn't realize that there's only one weapon type per class?! Where was that confirmed? :(

I'd rather not see cross-server LFD, or at the very most limit it to off-peak hours, and I don't want to see LFR at all. Imho, raiding is definitively a guild activity. Pugging a 40-man raid cross-server with no accountability between members would just be terrible.

I'm not keen on the insta-rez for gold option seen in the gameplay videos. There needs to be a larger punishment for death. The corpse walk is kind of enshrined as a formative experience in my mind, and there's no reason I can see to change that now. The rez-at-your-body option should cost gold as well as impose a 30/60sec time delay, which itself decays with multiple deaths within some given time period until it would be faster to just walk it anyway..

And just to agree with the common subjects here; the possibility of flying mounts and insta-teleportation to dungeons makes me cringe.. Personally I think these go beyond tools of convenience and break world design and immersion. However if Wildstar is designed from the ground up to take these into account, they might be able to pull it off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.