1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Top 3 features your least excited about / wanna see changed.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Backpedaling, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malachi Draven

Malachi Draven New Cupcake

Things I'm worried about the most:

-Dying before I get to play WildStar

-Not having enough time to play WildStar as much as I'd like

That's about it :)
    Miatog likes this.
  2. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

1. yes, warriors use two handed weapons

2. sure I guess? it's not like GW2 where weapons dictate abilities,. But you can't switch weapons so the question is moot.

3. Yes, I can't say I remember how many abilities each class has, but its more than 30 and yes, you can switch between those abilities while out of combat

4. I don't understand the question? Each class has a giant pool of abilities you can choose from to pick 10 for your ability bar.
  3. Hellspawnx

Hellspawnx Cupcake

Thanks for the info, I managed to pull up some info on google about skill load outs which is fine with me. I played Guildwars 1 for many years happily with a simular skill bar system, you had tons of skills to choose from but only 8 could be on your bar.

And to answer your question about you not understanding #4. What I mean is your class has access to only 10 abilities total nothing more cannot switch abilities you have 10 abilities forever. Im glad too see thats not the case from what I read of the OP post it appeared thats the way it was I was like "WHAT 10 ABILITIES ONLY with no swap out options of anykind, im outta here" hahaha

Ya even if its just 30 abilities to choose from with 10 on my bar im sure thats more then enough so long as they are all useful and fun.
  4. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

ahhhhhh gotcha. Yeah there's definitely not just "10 abilities forever" thankfully. Some people are just over dramatic.

glad I could help
  5. Hellspawnx

Hellspawnx Cupcake

LoL indeed. man back in GW1 we only had 8 skills on our skill bar it was alot of fun. I use to make builds and sell them ingame, made some nice coin off some of those solo under world builds for elementalist. and GW2 only had 10 though I will admit it was nice being able to weapon swap from a 2 hand great sword too a rifle for some ranged combat when needed. but whos to say theres not a few ranged abilities warriors have access too in wildstar.

Alot of people when trying to argue well WoW you can have 60 abilities on your skill bar, I always ask them how many of those do you use 95% of the time most people say no more then 8-10. Hell arcane mages in WoW during WotLK only used 3 abilities over and over 95% of the time in raids.

I also view double jump / dash / and sprint as abilities aswell so its more like 13 abilities then just having 10 at anyone one time. people just need to unlearn what they have learned and open up to a new combat style.

Jeez in Guildwars 1 we only had 8 skills without having double jump / dash / sprint or for that matter NO jump at all hahaha. Hated getting stuck on a pebble in GW1 hahaha
  6. tubthumper

tubthumper New Cupcake

Lack of official forums.
    Baamz, Inv1cted and Fishsticks like this.
  7. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

I'm not too happy about race/class restrictions... If the game really wants to provide a game I can play "my way", then it should not block any class on any race. I play healers, and really like the Mechari... So far, there are no healers on the Mechari, so I'm in a pinch...
    RedSam777 likes this.
  8. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

+1. This (wildstar central) is sort of functioning at the moment, but with how involved the devs are, I'm actually surprised/disappointed that there isn't an official forum (perhaps with launch?)
  9. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

1) The limited number of abilities that characters will get to use. Yes, there are more you can choose from, but mathematically, some will be better than others, and there will be an optimal 10 abilities that you must use. Maybe the devs could do a REALLY good job of balancing the abilities so that you pick abilities according to your playstyle, but I've never seen this implemented effectively.

2) LFG queue. This will KILL world PvP.

3) 40-man raids. I don't see an increase in fun going from the WoW large standard of 25 to 40...I feel like this will only serve to make it much harder to put a raid group together.
  10. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

It's not a big surprise, actually. GW2 did the same thing. It's hard to concentrate on beta feedback and sorry for saying this but.. noise at the same time. In a forum like this, there is a constant need for moderation/overviewing and for now, they use those resources for other purposes. I'm pretty sure there will be official forums after or even close to launch, but for now they allow us (the community) to grow naturally, without a strict involvement.
    Milamilou and RedSam777 like this.
  11. Split_Light

Split_Light Cupcake

While I'm really looking forward to the game I do have some similar concerns/issues.

1) I wish there were more weapon types. I like being able to use a 1H or 2H weapon depending on my mood or need.
    2) No flying mounts please.
    3) They have mentioned that they have facial sliders, but when you bring up body sliders it gets suddenly silent. If I could only have one I'd actually prefer body and height sliders. It gives people a more distinctive profile from a distance, and allows real variety.
    4) Cross server and/or cross faction chat. As a long time player of City of Heroes I really enjoyed being able to chat with any friend playing, wherever they may be. I know that people say it can spoil PvP, but in this day and age where anybody can set up a Vent server and use that for their PvP crosstalk, that doesn't seem like as valid an argument.
  12. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

Honestly I think an "official" forum would need just as much if not more moderation as everyone thinks that the devs are listening to every word they say.

I mean, imagine all the fusing and qqing over raiding specifics if guys assumed they had direct access to developers instead of just arguing with each other and hoping a dev pops in?
    Milamilou likes this.
  13. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

Indeed. That's exactly what's happening in the Guild Wars 2 official forums (At least it happened when I used to watch it every day).
  14. Tumri

Tumri New Cupcake

That's not the reality of the situation. Most character models in games and in any sort of CGI are generally fit and idealized because of two reasons..

1. The fit and idealized models(female AND male) are what will have mass appeal because our brains are built to appreciate the ideal. The lizard brain gives us an innate "gut" reaction before our own thoughts and ideas either accept or override this reaction. It's the same as disliking certain smells or tastes unless we train ourselves to override this initial reaction. It's why certain foods are considered to be an "acquired taste".

2. Fit bodies are far less labor intensive to create. This goes for both male and female models. Creating fat models that look like your average daily McDonald's customer is a huge pain for artists and animators because fat does weird things. A fat body will have a lot of weird fat physics involved when in movement and when in certain positions. Without incorporating these movements into the bodies you would end up with a model that appears to have solid steel fat implants as opposed to a natural body. I have some experience with CGI and character modeling/artwork and I have some friends that actually work in the industry as well. They all agree that fat models are generally a lot of work(the physics of fat takes an obscene amount of effort to get right) and the payoff is almost non-existant(almost nobody opts to use fat models and even fewer actually choose them as something other than a joke.)

Basically having a fat model in the game isn't worth it to please a tiny minority at a largely disproportionate cost.

Wow. This ended up being a lot longer than anticipated. I guess I was kind of annoyed at the "it's all the patriarchy/men's fault that fat women aren't idealized" talk that seems to be creeping up even outside the usual tumblr weirdo blogs these days.
    Baamz likes this.
  15. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

1. The male characters have a variety of proportions without being fat. Granok are giant rock men, Draken have huge arms and are bestial, Mechari has really wide shoulders and generally look really robotic

female granok are shaped like female humans

female draken are shaped like female humans

female mechari are shaped like female humans

This isn't a "fat" thing, claiming that I want "fat and ugly" characters because I commented on how every female character has the same dumb pin-up model shape is insulting for both me and you, me because it's not even remotely what I was talking about, and you because apparently you think any woman who's not a 10/10 must be fat and ugly with no inbetween.

Congrats.
  16. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Please try to keep things on topic and away from tearing out each others throats because of the littlest of things, thanks. </Mod Monocle>
  17. kr22

kr22 New Cupcake

1) Quest tracker. An arrow saying where should direct you and allowing you to stop reading all missions.
    This makes the game individualistic, extremely simple and boring.

2) Flying mounts.

3) Lack of variety in models of weapons and armor pieces at low levels.
    Milamilou and RedSam777 like this.
  18. Valento

Valento Cupcake

1) Flying mounts. People argue a lot, but MY OPINION is that it breaks immersion, mess up open world pvp, and totally screws over exploration.

2) Extreme LAS. A limited set of actions is fluid, cool and makes gameplay more fast-paced with all dodging/sprinting stuff, but GW2 had it and I still felt combat system depth lacky. Please have different "states" to which your skill set will respond, like GW2 elementalist's attunement, like really focusing on one type of gameplay and having a cooldown as tradeoff (or some resource consumption), mixing it up with passive abilities (traits in GW2) would make for a great and innovative skill system.

3) Quest tracker. Same with the guy above, you should really call normal quests "Missions" and add them to a tracker, but if it's a public static quest (standard model) then let it global like Tasks in GW2, works like a charm. The only thing I missed was a sense of "own mission", Personal Story had it but it was linear and a one-thing only, have Missions in the tracker and common quests global adding a side-note stating that in that specific region a public quest takes place and players can share kills (in kill-based quest), or items (in collection-based ones), etc.

@Edit
    Just wanted to say that combat system can make or break a MMORPG nowadays, so please if you have to sort out a list of priorities then let combat be at the top 1st thing, closely followed by animation and character-environment fluidness.
    RedSam777 likes this.
  19. celestria

celestria Cupcake

1) Lack single-character endgame content. SWTOR put too much into promoting alts. Myself being someone who only ever makes one character per MMO I would hate to have nothing to do at endgame.
    2) Too limited LAS. As mentioned before LAS isn't a bad alternative to talent trees, but dumbing down a game so it can be played with just one hand is a bit too far.
    3) Lack of cosmetic variety. Please do wardrobe, remodeling, something to get some cosmetic customization.
    4) Lack of UI customization. Being someone who plays on 4M I will be damned if I can't at least increase default font sizes 3 fold.
  20. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

But half those features are in the game.
    1. Solo endgame progression is confimred (as somthing nebulous at this point) but confirmed
    2.No comment, but there's a recent interview where Gaffney said being able to play with one hand or 'cigarette playing' wouldn't be viable I imagine part of the reason for the LAS is due to the greater emphisis on positioning.
    3. No idea on this
    4. Full mod support at launch is confirmed there's already an at least partially working parser mod confirmed in beta
    Mudfin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.