1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Troublesome Faction Decision

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Worcease, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Worcease

Worcease New Cupcake

Hi guys,
    I've been a long time reader on the forums but haven't bothered registering until now. My problem is I cannot decide which faction to choose - both appeal to me in different ways. As a person who is always trying to polish his main characters story, visuals and etc., it is no easy task.

I intend to play a spellslinger with a bounty hunter/mercenary for hire type of attitude, who uses gadgets, magic and tracking to hunt down and kill his targets.

The Exiles appeal to me because of their rebel like community and urban architecture but the races which i find appealing (Humans & Mordesh) don't have good customization options. However, from what I've seen, their housing architecture suits me better and they have the wicked Grinder mount. And as a whole I like that you're not always under the supervision of higher class authorities like in the Dominion.

On the other hand, when one thinks of a bounty hunter it is logical that the Draken come to mind. They are the ultimate hunters and being in the dominion it can be played as you are hired by the Dominion to hunt down Exiles. Also I like their customization and savage nature of the Draken. But as I said, the Domion gives me the impression that I am being monitored and controlled all the time by authorities and that I lack the freedom of the Exiles. Furthermore, the housing designed are mostly not my style and I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to make something fitting for the character I want to create.

Here is the same information in pros/cons:

Exile:

Pros:
    Rebel Attitude & Freedom
    Housing Architecture
    Other races are appealing

Cons:
    Bad customization choices
    Spellslinger races aren't as good of a choice

Dominon:

Pros:
    DRAKEN
    Bounty Hunter attitude

Cons:
    Being Monitored 24/7
    Housing Architecture
    Other races don't appeal as much

In conclusion, you can see that the Exile has more Pros but not all points bare the same weight. So can you guys give me some advice? What's your opinion on the subject?
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  2. Worcease

Worcease New Cupcake

Come on, nobody willing to help? xD
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

We'll I'm a bit biased towards 1 faction :p

But how much does the housing architecture bothers you? Cause for me it would be near ''not at all''. As you've said not all cons/pros bare the same weight.

2/3 cons at Dominion for me are just not important at all. While the Exiles still have 2 heavy cons. It's so personal....that it's hard to ''help''.

Just pick for the race you like most (that's what I always do), unless you got a guild that forces you to play a faction.
  4. t209

t209 Cupcake

Actually I kinda like making my home look like North Korea house with either Dominion or Highborn posters (and Artemis Zin's boob poster near my bed).
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014