1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Type of players that annoy you.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Stich, Jan 26, 2014.

?

what kind of player annoys you?

1. Those that insist they are a SOLO que player, yet sign up for GROUP content

25 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. People who refuse to accept, advice and think that they are 'l337'

89 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. chat spammers (this includes WTS, WTT, WTB LF guild)

60 vote(s)
    38.5%
  4. non responsive players in both pvp and pve

61 vote(s)
    39.1%
  5. new players, or slow learning players

13 vote(s)
    8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Because you can't. Morals are not an absolute, if they were then every society would have the same set, and while many do have similar ones there are many out there that do not share them at all.
  2. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

Still LMAO:roflamo:

Go back and read our series of posts LTD (in order and slowly)
  3. Deadmeat

Deadmeat New Cupcake

hey you two get a room
  4. Sealdorie

Sealdorie New Cupcake

I picked chat spammers, but really I can't stand the elite ragers. You know...the ones that know everything about something the moment it's released and expect everyone to be perfect on the very first try. You know...the ones that rage quit after one attempt at something while spamming you with various obscenities.

My second would have to be selfish and unhelpful people.

Others include:

People that think it's their job to tell you what you should and should not be doing. If I want to spend all my time in my house and not off raiding constantly that's my business!

Other girl gamers that suddenly brand me a "threat" because I'm also a girl and they simply need to be the only girl on the internet for all the attention. (spoiler: I never even want the attention ;)) This also falls into girls that use their gender as a means to get further in the game rather than their own merit.

People that have to be hand held. I don't mean people that ask for help. I mean that person that complains you exclude them for things because they didn't get a personal invitation when you made a blanket "does anyone want to go do xx" statement. Or the ones that refuse to even try to look something up prior to attempting an event, expecting you to lead them to a perfect success.
  5. sguzaski

sguzaski New Cupcake

I chose the slow to learn option, while that may make me seem like a dick I do have valid reasoning behind it.

I expect the player base that I surround myself with to be adults like I am, and any adult should be smart enough to pick up a game quickly. If you have any intention of playing something seriously than do the people around you a favor and be sure to take strides towards bettering yourself at the same pace as everyone else. I'm not saying you have to be great right away, very few people will, but if you hit max level and you don't know the fundamentals of your class...I'm going to call you a terrible player. Sorry.

I also want to add:

People who complain about subs for an MMO.

This is always a heated debate but I hate the F2P model. The staples of the genre have all been P2P and have rewarded people who put time into the game, not real life cash. I want to see a resurgence of games and gamers who support this model so that I can feel as accomplished as I did in older MMOs (thinking vanilla WoW here and partly into BC). I hold that old school (read by some as elitist) belief that the best gear shouldn't be available to everyone. If you can play one day a week and have the same gear as someone who plays 6 days a week then the game is developed wrong in my opinion. Go play SWTOR and pay your way to the top. I'm hoping WS can keep that hardcore feeling and still appeal to the casual player enough to keep populations up.
  6. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

In lack of a better word, baddies. In every multiplayer game I play these people clog up the forum boards whining about this and that being broken, refusing to accept that they're just bad and unwilling to improve and adapt.
  7. Allikes

Allikes New Cupcake

Yes^

One type of player that I only Experienced in GW2 are people that only are concerned with finding and using exploits, and trying to bypass as much as content as they can so they can be uber-l33t, then complain cause "Devs don't put enough content."
  8. Norlamin

Norlamin Cupcake

I hate having the option to only pick one, as with everything in life, there's good and bad in every group, and not everything should be so black and white. That being said though, the "1337" player base, from what I've witnessed over the years, has always had the worst people to play with by majority. Sometimes I can understand where they're coming from, but generally, they're overly hostile and enjoy lashing out for even the smallest mistakes, inevitably devolving the chat into drama time, causing one, or several individuals to leave the group.

Another group that I don't see mentioned a lot, is real life friends of the guild leader or officers. Whether they be bad, ignorant, or a mixture of the two, they're exempt from being criticized because "THEY KNOW THE LEADER, AND CAN GET YOU KICKED". Of course, there's guild leaders out there who treat things fairly, one too many times have I witnessed the council of friendship, <REDACTED> on everyone outside their circle.

Some other smaller groups consist of those annoying people, generally in Beta, who ask if a game will be "F2P" and then proceed to <REDACTED> and moan in chat when they find out the game is P2P, news flash, not everything, especially quality things in life, are free.

People who queue up, or group for an activity that will take longer than the time they have, before they have to go do whatever is being asked or tasked of them. This ruins the experience for your group, don't treat MMO's as a single player game, and be considerate of others. If you know you have to leave early, make it clear to the group, or better yet, don't group up at all.

The "Complainers", you know the ones, the people who, whenever they have the chance, will complain about the dumbest things. "Why can't I get this item, when I barely play the game? It's so stupid!" or, "This takes too long, why can't it be shorter?". You know, the dumbest, most illogical things someone can complain about, that inevitably sparks a terrible discussion in chat. Just because you play and pay for an MMO, doesn't mean you should have access to EVERYTHING, the game owes you NOTHING, if there was nothing to work for, what would even be the meaning of playing the game.

There's probably a lot of other groups that I could hate on, but they're evading my current train of thought.
  9. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

I'm pretty tolerant in general, but I dislike bads. Those that think they are good, but are not good at all. They never improve and can be quite toxic sometimes.

I do not even mind elitists. I mean, if they are really good, and they want to brag about it, and not play with my "average" DPS, then it's fine by me. I play for fun anyway, not as a second job.

Edit: Not saying elitists don't have fun, it's just not my kind of fun.
  10. Bazeleel

Bazeleel Cupcake-About-Town

Players who constantly complain about class balance and always scream nerf. Which out every trying to learn how to counter them.

Also "know it all" players. The ones who talk big and don't actually know anything. They try and fit in with the vet crowd and are easy to spot.

To sum up:

Players who lie and act like they are big fish

Players who complain about balance
  11. Mythos

Mythos New Cupcake

Players who group up for specific content, wait around while the group forms and then instantly leaves after a wipe that is almost completely non-indicative of the groups ability to complete the content in a timely fashion e.g accidental pull, trash wipe due to overzealous pulling etc.
  12. Alex F

Alex F Cupcake

No attention-whore option?
    ImpactHound likes this.
  13. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

I despise FranBunnyFFXII. Every screenshot I've seen of him is really non-constructive and annoying. And he complains about not being level 32 when he squanders all his time talking about character creation options and bunnygirl tweaks. This is the kind of person who has unlimited access, I'm glad they get trolled in advice chat or whatever the global channels are.
  14. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

*She. A kind anon tracked down her Facebook and created a thread. Its pretty sad.
  15. Equinox

Equinox New Cupcake

Very promising to see the patience for new players in the poll. Hope thats reflected in the actual community when the game releases.
  16. Darkmoor

Darkmoor New Cupcake

This.

And this.

Luckily the 'block' function in any game is my friend, and in other MMO's has been used extensively. The problem is to block someone, you usually have to listen to the aforementioned <REDACTED> in the first place. With a lot of good homes in MMO's i generally tend to have guild chat as my default chat window and manage to siphon out the general nonsense.
  17. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

It won't, trust me, it won't. :cry:
  18. Neo Android

Neo Android New Cupcake

For me its the people that dont stop giving negative feedback even though there playing bad. Also its the players that refuse to communicate whilst doing group content together.

How can anyone one be annoyed at new or slow learning players though? Because at the end helping new players is an accomplishment in its own right in my opinion.
    Equinox likes this.
  19. Equinox

Equinox New Cupcake

I can't possibly agree on this more. In past games, I've taken the time to teach people things about the game and as long as they are willing to learn, the new players often become your best and most devoted members. Plus it feels good to start as a rag-tag group of strangers and end up becoming something great!
  20. Furiux

Furiux New Cupcake

Chat spammers. I hate raging people when you kill'em